Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45.32: QAnon Will Help Show the Truth

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

Re: POTUS 45.32: QAnon Will Help Show the Truth

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    You're discounting broad swaths of the country that viewed from 1988 to 2016 as the turd sandwich.
    They are more than likely meat and potatoes types, but will try pizza if that's the only other option.

Now we find if they really like pizza.

And yes, Bernie was an alternative to more of the same old same old.
    Yeah, I know. Except for the Iraq war, the Twin Towers bombings, and the Great Recession, those were horrible times.

Wait a minute, what do all three of those have in common?
    Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

rock and roller

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd how many non-pro-Trumpers, but were simply Anti-Hill voters were there? People who asked the Dems (or whoever): Anyone but Hillary?

Keep staying blind. There's a reason the Feel The Bern caught some wind. Not saying that was the answer; that was a response to the Hillary crowd. And it cost hardcore.
    I dunno, how many? You're the one making that argument, back it up.

Bernie wasn't the nominee in the general. You had two choices.

rock and roller

Not calling anyone out except for Scoobs (he stepped up for that). The rest of the folks, they know who they are. If anyone wants to discuss to try and meet in the middle, I'm more than open to listening. Obviously, it will be a tough discussion at times, gotta get through that, but in the long run, it will improve everyone involved.
    Meet in the middle means: Democrat who supports Republican policies.

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Yeah, I know. Except for the Iraq war, the Twin Towers bombings, and the Great Recession, those were horrible times.

Wait a minute, what do all three of those have in common?
    Hillary

I dunno, how many? You're the one making that argument, back it up.

Bernie wasn't the nominee in the general. You had two choices.
    Rover is the source

Canít say heís wrong

rock and roller

Employers have to legally let their employees vote. Period.
    You're a poor black woman working a menial job. Tell that to your boss who tells you you're fired if you leave your place of work to go vote.

rock and roller

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    I live right outside one and had to wait three hours at the RMV last time I renewed my drivers license. It sucked but thatís what it took to get it done.
    Imagine if you had to also drive two hours each way to get to that DMV.

You're a poor black woman working a menial job. Tell that to your boss who tells you you're fired if you leave your place of work to go vote.
    Source?

Back it up

Imagine if you had to also drive two hours each way to get to that DMV.
    Source?

Back it up

She could always wear a MAGA hat when she goes in to ask for the time off.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd how many non-pro-Trumpers, but were simply Anti-Hill voters were there? People who asked the Dems (or whoever): Anyone but Hillary?

Keep staying blind. There's a reason the Feel The Bern caught some wind. Not saying that was the answer; that was a response to the Hillary crowd. And it cost hardcore.
    History says you're wrong. You might want to revisit every election from 1980 on and rethink your position. Your take on 2016 is so far off anyone who listens to it will be doomed to repeat it in 2020 and beyond.

Pay particular attention to 2000.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

rock and roller

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Source?

Back it up
    Ain't got time, nor inclination. And two hours may be hyperbole, I do know that it was Alabama or someplace that closed a number of their DMV offices, leaving something like 18 for the entire state.

Oh, wait, here ya go.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-...b_8338940.html

The first phase in Alabama was passing a strict voter ID law. The second phase was to close down more than 90 percent of DMV offices. The third phase may involve restricting voting to just four spots, unless the trend is reversed. And your state may be the next one to emulate Alabama.
    Slashing funding to the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency (ALEA) involves draconian budget cuts that would eventually eliminate 45 of 49 driverís license offices. For a state with one of the lowest voting rates in the country, that trend is sure to continue its decline.
    No hyperbole
    Evidence shows that some folks may have to drive up to 186 miles to reach the nearest DMV.
    I was wrong. Four DMV offices for the entire state. the place where you have to go, Monday-Friday, between 9-5, to get your new required voter ID. I'm sure brent and drew are fine with that though, cause people still have access.

This might be a very ignorant question, but if you live in an area with long lines or you donít have time the day of the election why wouldnít vote with an absentee ballot?

rock and roller

Source?

Back it up
    I don't need a source. Everyone knows that bosses are the kindest and most benevolent people, and will gladly give you any time off you want, as long as you ask.

rock and roller

This might be a very ignorant question, but if you live in an area with long lines or you don’t have time the day of the election why wouldn’t vote with an absentee ballot?
    I dunno. Applying for and trying to get an absentee ballot also requires time that you do not have?

And why should this be different than any of your other questions?

This might be a very ignorant question, but if you live in an area with long lines or you donít have time the day of the election why wouldnít vote with an absentee ballot?
    Some locales make you be away to vote absentee.

It canít just be an easy option unfortunately

Some locales make you be away to vote absentee.

It canít just be an easy option unfortunately
    That makes sense. Back in my voting days you could just go to the town office and get one. They should make it easier for folks.

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Good Lord don't you people have lives? A weekend's worth of this stuff when it was beautiful weather/Derby day/Cinco de Mayo?

Anyway, you could have ended here. This is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

Democrats have been trying to "understand" the types of people who vote for republicans but "should" vote for democrats since the Reagan sweep in 1980. It made sense then, and it made some sense for the next couple of elections. But after the republicans decided being republican was more important than being American during the Clinton years, and then doubling down on that sentiment during the Obama years, it has become obvious they are almost universally a lost cause. The amount of energy and effort it would take to convince one trump voter that the republicans really are not their friends could be better spent getting 3 or 4 democrats who couldn't be bothered to vote in 2010, 2012, 2014 or 2016 to come to the polls.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Yep, still here

Where I am you can also be disabled or elderly in addition to being away.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Ain't got time, nor inclination. And two hours may be hyperbole, I do know that it was Alabama or someplace that closed a number of their DMV offices, leaving something like 18 for the entire state.

Oh, wait, here ya go.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-...b_8338940.html

No hyperbole

I was wrong. Four DMV offices for the entire state. the place where you have to go, Monday-Friday, between 9-5, to get your new required voter ID. I'm sure brent and drew are fine with that though, cause people still have access.
    I've always assumed (hoped?) that people without valid drivers licenses are people who simply don't drive. They don't have access to a car to drive, whether by choice or otherwise. They rely upon others for transportation, or if they are fortunate, on public transportation.

If I were a person in such a situation, I probably wouldn't spend the money on a four year drivers license either, or make the effort to get one, especially if I had to travel a great distance to do so. But what I could do, with a pretty tiny amount of effort, is apply online for a passport card. I think it's maybe $30, and like passports themselves, are good for 10 years. Three bucks a year for something you can get online doesn't seem like it's too inconvenient.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Thread Information