X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POTUS 45.32: QAnon Will Help Show the Truth

Continue.

Re: POTUS 45.32: QAnon Will Help Show the Truth

It's a common military tactic. Try to trick your opposition into disarming themselves by saying they're not a threat, so you can catch them with their pants down.
    Also how you calm a madman who has taken hostages -- the more apt comparison.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

For those with access, great article in WSJ today about retirement. I am some lucky my wife is a public school teacher.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

The DOJ IG has turned over his McCabe findings ("lacked candor" == lied) to the DC US Attorney's Office.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/19/polit...ral/index.html
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Wish your GOP friends a happy birthday.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If folks are hangin' their hat on QAnon, they'll be picking their hat up off the floor.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Sick, the article I linked also went into the more than one time Trump used his charity to pay his personal legal settlements.

On the not a "target" of Mueller's investigation, that has a very specific meaning. Pretty sure that was like a week or so ago it came out, and it was said Trump is not a target but is a subject. Subjects can become targets, targets are just closer to jail time.

Comment

It's Flaggy so..
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  For those with access, great article in WSJ today about retirement. I am some lucky my wife is a public school teacher.
                  In the right state, in Alaska newer public school teachers get little retirement benefits and no Social Security.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                    Sick, the article I linked also went into the more than one time Trump used his charity to pay his personal legal settlements.
                    Same Wiki link (yes, 'gravitas' ... )

Trump may have used foundation money to settle his personal or business legal disputes on at least two occasions.

Trump's foundation paid $158,000 to the Martin B. Greenberg Foundation as a settlement of a lawsuit brought by Greenberg against the Trump National Golf Club Westchester in Briarcliff Manor, New York. Greenberg alleged that he had rightfully won a $1 million prize for scoring a hole-in-one in a 2010 charity golf tournament at the club.
                    OK, I'm cherry-picking things, but I do believe they are key. This Greenberg circumstance. It was a charity golf tourney. Which charity? If it was for Trump's foundation, shouldn't that pick up the bill in that dispute? I'm asking. Details are lacking.

This flagpole thing.

Settlement documents show that Trump, in return for discharging the club's obligations to Palm Beach, had agreed to personally donate $100,000 to Fischer House, a charity benefitting veterans and military families. However, Trump then made the grant using foundation money, not his own.
                    What'd the agreement actually (verbatim) say? Trump personally, or that Trump would "oversee" a donation would be made. I hate weasel-wording like that, but lawyers were involved so I would not be surprised.

All that said, this is out there in the public square, in the sunshine. Why weren't criminal charge drawn up and pressed?

I suspect it's something like "Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes ..., our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case. Prosecutors necessarily weigh a number of factors before bringing charges. There are obvious considerations, like the strength of the evidence, especially regarding intent. Responsible decisions also consider the context of a person’s actions, and how similar situations have been handled in the past."
                    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 04-20-2018, 09:45 AM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      In the right state, in Alaska newer public school teachers get little retirement benefits and no Social Security.
                      No SoSec? Dare I say 'impossible'. It's Federal employment law.

The teacher must be paying 100% of SoSec, where normally it's half you, half employer. Ultimately it's accounting ledger moves as all the money comes from the school board: it's who actually turns it over.

In ND a few years back they upped the "Rule of*" number for full pension benefits to 90 (from 85?) to keep their retirement fund solvent.

*Age plus years teaching
                      Last edited by The Sicatoka; 04-20-2018, 09:47 AM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                        No SoSec? Dare I say 'impossible'. It's Federal employment law.

The teacher must be paying 100% of SoSec, where normally it's half you, half employer. Ultimately it's accounting ledger moves as all the money comes from the school board: it's who actually turns it over.
                        State Government pension employees are exempt.

People who participate in a state government pension that provide benefits in replacement of Social Security. For instance, in Massachusetts, State and local employees participate in the State pension plan. They contribute to the pension through payroll withholding instead of contributing in the same manner to Social Security.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Exactly. I don't think they pay in to Social Security, and I don't think they get benefits, although there might be some exceptions to that, as I recall.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Of course it’s that kind of ignorance of things that Republicans thrive to gut things like Public Schools...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Reading that, I'm now happy that in ND teachers (I know a few) have their own "non State government" pension plan and participate in SoSec.
                              https://www.nd.gov/rio/NDRIO/default.htm

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                              X