Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 921 to 940 of 1005

Thread: POTUS 45.32: QAnon Will Help Show the Truth

  1. #921
    RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    69,107

    Re: POTUS 45.32: QAnon Will Help Show the Truth

    Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    I've always assumed (hoped?) that people without valid drivers licenses are people who simply don't drive. They don't have access to a car to drive, whether by choice or otherwise. They rely upon others for transportation, or if they are fortunate, on public transportation.

    If I were a person in such a situation, I probably wouldn't spend the money on a four year drivers license either, or make the effort to get one, especially if I had to travel a great distance to do so. But what I could do, with a pretty tiny amount of effort, is apply online for a passport card. I think it's maybe $30, and like passports themselves, are good for 10 years. Three bucks a year for something you can get online doesn't seem like it's too inconvenient.
    Yes, and everyone can get online and apply without a problem. It's easy. And everyone has Internet access, right?

    jfc.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  2. #922
    Yep, still here
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    28,165

    Re: POTUS 45.32: QAnon Will Help Show the Truth

    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites


    Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

  3. #923
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    6,695

    Re: POTUS 45.32: QAnon Will Help Show the Truth

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Yes, and everyone can get online and apply without a problem. It's easy. And everyone has Internet access, right?

    jfc.
    This is exactly your problem. For these poor schmucks who by choice or otherwise can't even be troubled to have an id, you and others like you on here require precisely ZERO effort before you'll say it's ok. Short of a government program in which agents arrive at a person's home with a valid id on a silver platter, it's nothing but roadblocks to you, is it?

    The online passport card is another option. There are all kinds of options for anyone who is willing to put even less effort into it than it takes to go to the polling place to vote.

    You don't have to do it online. Go to the post office. You can do it in person there.

    I'm so sick of this specious "there are so many roadblocks preventing people from getting ids" argument.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

  4. #924
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    40,184

    Re: POTUS 45.32: QAnon Will Help Show the Truth

    Everyone knows those po' folks have new iPhones with internet

    No big deal.

    They can order absentee ballots while in line at the store buying smokes pm on their WIC card

  5. #925
    RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    69,107

    Re: POTUS 45.32: QAnon Will Help Show the Truth

    Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    This is exactly your problem. For these poor schmucks who by choice or otherwise can't even be troubled to have an id, you and others like you on here require precisely ZERO effort before you'll say it's ok. Short of a government program in which agents arrive at a person's home with a valid id on a silver platter, it's nothing but roadblocks to you, is it?

    The online passport card is another option. There are all kinds of options for anyone who is willing to put even less effort into it than it takes to go to the polling place to vote.

    You don't have to do it online. Go to the post office. You can do it in person there.

    I'm so sick of this specious "there are so many roadblocks preventing people from getting ids" argument.
    You know what I'm sick and ****ing tired of? Wasting time on solutions in search of a problem.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  6. #926
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    21,178

    Re: POTUS 45.32: QAnon Will Help Show the Truth

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Yes, and everyone can get online and apply without a problem. It's easy. And everyone has Internet access, right?

    jfc.
    And every voting district accepts a passport as legal ID for voting.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

  7. #927
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    38,012

    Re: POTUS 45.32: QAnon Will Help Show the Truth

    Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    This is exactly your problem. For these poor schmucks who by choice or otherwise can't even be troubled to have an id, you and others like you on here require precisely ZERO effort before you'll say it's ok. Short of a government program in which agents arrive at a person's home with a valid id on a silver platter, it's nothing but roadblocks to you, is it?

    The online passport card is another option. There are all kinds of options for anyone who is willing to put even less effort into it than it takes to go to the polling place to vote.

    You don't have to do it online. Go to the post office. You can do it in person there.

    I'm so sick of this specious "there are so many roadblocks preventing people from getting ids" argument.
    Or you know...we could just not add on all this crap since there is like literally no one fake registering to vote. You know for being the party of "less regulation" you guys sure do like to add rules and regulations when it helps you out.

    And before you pretend...there is no purpose to the voter registration law. None, zero, zilch. All it does is suppress votes. Even Flaggy and his made up sources cant find any statistical proof that people are voting illegally yet we need this why exactly?

    I am so sick of people pretending it is the people with out ids that are the problem.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  8. #928
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    6,695

    Re: POTUS 45.32: QAnon Will Help Show the Truth

    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    And every voting district accepts a passport as legal ID for voting.
    I'll tell you what. Why don't you find me a state where a U.S. passport is an unacceptable form of ID under that state's voting requirements. I'll hang up and wait.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

  9. #929
    RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    69,107

    Re: POTUS 45.32: QAnon Will Help Show the Truth

    If anyone is interested in a real problem instead of this made up one look up 60 Minutes and Drug Prices in google. Lesley Stahl did a fantastic piece on drug prices last night and why we are getting gouged every time we need a medication from our doctor.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  10. #930
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    6,695

    Re: POTUS 45.32: QAnon Will Help Show the Truth

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Or you know...we could just not add on all this crap since there is like literally no one fake registering to vote. You know for being the party of "less regulation" you guys sure do like to add rules and regulations when it helps you out.

    And before you pretend...there is no purpose to the voter registration law. None, zero, zilch. All it does is suppress votes. Even Flaggy and his made up sources cant find any statistical proof that people are voting illegally yet we need this why exactly?

    I am so sick of people pretending it is the people with out ids that are the problem.
    I'm not even an advocate of requiring ID's for voting. I agree that whatever voter fraud that is out there is so tiny that it doesn't warrant concern. But I hate objectively unreasonable arguments, and anyone who makes the argument that there are too many roadblocks to people getting a valid ID is making an objectively unreasonable argument.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

  11. #931

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,433
    Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    I'm not even an advocate of requiring ID's for voting. I agree that whatever voter fraud that is out there is so tiny that it doesn't warrant concern. But I hate objectively unreasonable arguments, and anyone who makes the argument that there are too many roadblocks to people getting a valid ID is making an objectively unreasonable argument.
    Local elections. That's where the necromancer employs his powers.
    Last edited by joecct; 05-07-2018 at 10:29 AM.

  12. #932
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Back down in Uptown
    Posts
    12,612

    Re: POTUS 45.32: QAnon Will Help Show the Truth

    Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    This is exactly your problem. For these poor schmucks who by choice or otherwise can't even be troubled to have an id, you and others like you on here require precisely ZERO effort before you'll say it's ok. Short of a government program in which agents arrive at a person's home with a valid id on a silver platter, it's nothing but roadblocks to you, is it?

    The online passport card is another option. There are all kinds of options for anyone who is willing to put even less effort into it than it takes to go to the polling place to vote.

    You don't have to do it online. Go to the post office. You can do it in person there.

    I'm so sick of this specious "there are so many roadblocks preventing people from getting ids" argument.
    But there is no voter fraud. Let me repeat. There is no voter fraud. States have full records on everyone. They check and double check rolls. And they don't and haven't found fraud. D states don't find fraud. GOP states don't find fraud.

    And this voter is not you. They have different concerns, different responsibilities. Some women have four children and are holding down a job. Some people have critical jobs where they have gotten the impression they can't just leave in the middle shift while managing a line of operations.

    That is to say, not everyone is single, with no kids, sitting on a message board all day with time to research getting voter ids, just waiting to vote.
    Go Gophers!

  13. #933
    RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    69,107

    Re: POTUS 45.32: QAnon Will Help Show the Truth

    Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    But there is no voter fraud. Let me repeat. There is no voter fraud. States have full records on everyone. They check and double check rolls. And they don't and haven't found fraud. D states don't find fraud. GOP states don't find fraud.

    And this voter is not you. They have different concerns, different responsibilities. Some women have four children and are holding down a job. Some people have critical jobs where they have gotten the impression they can't just leave in the middle shift while managing a line of operations.

    That is to say, not everyone is single, with no kids, sitting on a message board all day with time to research getting voter ids, just waiting to vote.
    The real issue with voter fraud is the GOP has expertly ginned the issue up and made people afraid of it. Thus gathering more idiots without a functioning frontal lobe.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  14. #934

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,433
    Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    But there is no voter fraud. Let me repeat. There is no voter fraud. States have full records on everyone. They check and double check rolls. And they don't and haven't found fraud. D states don't find fraud. GOP states don't find fraud.

    And this voter is not you. They have different concerns, different responsibilities. Some women have four children and are holding down a job. Some people have critical jobs where they have gotten the impression they can't just leave in the middle shift while managing a line of operations.

    That is to say, not everyone is single, with no kids, sitting on a message board all day with time to research getting voter ids, just waiting to vote.
    See Glendenning v Sauerbrey Round 1 in MD gubernatorial. The dead voted early and often in Baltimore City. The courts knew it and kept it.

  15. #935
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom
    Posts
    15,214

    Re: POTUS 45.32: QAnon Will Help Show the Truth

    Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    But what I could do, with a pretty tiny amount of effort, is apply online for a passport card. I think it's maybe $30, and like passports themselves, are good for 10 years. Three bucks a year for something you can get online doesn't seem like it's too inconvenient.
    Charging people for an ID needed to vote = poll tax. I'd also point out that if the local knuckledraggers in the state decide to change what constitutes an acceptable ID, you could be paying for something that becomes useless in time for the next election, and if you'd be a fool to think Republicans wouldn't pull something like that.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  16. #936
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    6,695

    Re: POTUS 45.32: QAnon Will Help Show the Truth

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Charging people for an ID needed to vote = poll tax. I'd also point out that if the local knuckledraggers in the state decide to change what constitutes an acceptable ID, you could be paying for something that becomes useless in time for the next election, and if you'd be a fool to think Republicans wouldn't pull something like that.
    If you want to make it free, I have no problem with that. It'll save me a few bucks too.

    So you're figuring the next step will be that states will only accept a current NRA or KKK ID? That's the next real good argument you guys are going to dream up? Good to know.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

  17. #937
    Kicizapi Cetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    14,287

    Re: POTUS 45.32: QAnon Will Help Show the Truth

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Some locales make you be away to vote absentee.
    Do they come and check?

    "Um, I have to be out of town for work that day."
    < vote absentee >

    First Tuesday after first Monday in November in year evenly divisible by four
    < knock on door >
    "Ve thought you vere going to be avay for verk."
    "My work schedule changed. Sorry."
    < shrug >
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

    North Dakota Hockey:

  18. #938
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Back down in Uptown
    Posts
    12,612

    Re: POTUS 45.32: QAnon Will Help Show the Truth

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    See Glendenning v Sauerbrey Round 1 in MD gubernatorial. The dead voted early and often in Baltimore City. The courts knew it and kept it.
    And that's it? A handful of precincts from a Maryland state vote over 20 years ago...is why we need an overly complicated national scheme that will produce outsized burdens on millions with the potential of changing national elections for decades to come?
    Go Gophers!

  19. #939
    Internet Nutcase
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Bar Harbor, ME
    Posts
    3,691

    Re: POTUS 45.32: QAnon Will Help Show the Truth

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    If anyone is interested in a real problem instead of this made up one look up 60 Minutes and Drug Prices in google. Lesley Stahl did a fantastic piece on drug prices last night and why we are getting gouged every time we need a medication from our doctor.
    thanks to coming up short in the genetic lottery, i'm on a specialty drug that I take by injection 14 days. This costs over $1300 a month (~$650 per dose) and thankfully my insurance pays 100% with no co-pay (they do make my doctor fill out paperwork saying why I need this every 6 months, even though my genetics are still the same). This is purely preventative -- it does not alleviate any current symptoms, it's only to help prevent future health problems. That means someone without good insurance would probably forgo this newer treatment. Screw you if you aren't rich or don't have good insurance. Must be your fault.

  20. #940
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom
    Posts
    15,214

    Re: POTUS 45.32: QAnon Will Help Show the Truth

    Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    If you want to make it free, I have no problem with that. It'll save me a few bucks too.

    So you're figuring the next step will be that states will only accept a current NRA or KKK ID? That's the next real good argument you guys are going to dream up? Good to know.
    Yes, it absolutely has to be free by law which is why these GOP efforts tend to get struck down.

    I'll chalk your next statement up to being willfully obtuse, but let me counter with a real life example which you are then free to research yourself.

    Back in 2012, PA Goopers passed a new more restrictive law regarding having an ID to vote. BUT - they included in the provision that anybody can go down to the RMV if they don't possess a valid drivers license and get a state ID for free. Sounds good, right?

    Problem is, the RMV's were woefully understaffed to handle the demand in cities such as Philly, nor did they extend their hours thus forcing people to wait in line forever in order to get these free ID's. Pretty clever, wouldn't you say? Give the person the free ID's, just put a significant burden on them actually being able to obtain one. Hence the vote is suppressed and as the GOP House Speaker stated after the law was passed "this will ensure Mitt Romney's election". Oh, did I mention this was all done in 2012, the same year as the Presidential election.

    Obviously the courts saw right threw this and declared the whole scheme illegal. The moral of the story is you underestimate the scum bag tactics of the Republican party at your own peril.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •