Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: comcast dropping big ten network in non big ten states

Re: comcast dropping big ten network in non big ten states

Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    Got a patio that faces the South/West? You can easily install a dish on a stand on the patio, just weigh it down so the wind doesn't move it. Last apartment complex I was in was dead set against residents having satellite TV *unless* (and this was in the fine print) it was mounted on a free-standing pole not physically affixed to the building or deck.

Also saw a setup in a different complex a friend was in where people who had south facing large picture windows, and no balcony, mounted the dish inside the apartment facing out the window.
    I've been reading that satellite installers themselves are now reluctant to affix dishes to buildings, even if you own the house. One reason is once you install a dish on your roof, you can (usually) never take it down because it will leave holes in your roof. (When I left DISH, the satellite dish remained on my roof until I had the roof redone. At that point, the roofer took the dish down and disposed of it for me.) They are now strongly suggesting you install a dish on a free standing pole, and affix the pole in the ground.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Falling on fans at NHC since 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    I've been reading that satellite installers themselves are now reluctant to affix dishes to buildings, even if you own the house. One reason is once you install a dish on your roof, you can (usually) never take it down because it will leave holes in your roof. (When I left DISH, the satellite dish remained on my roof until I had the roof redone. At that point, the roofer took the dish down and disposed of it for me.) They are now strongly suggesting you install a dish on a free standing pole, and affix the pole in the ground.
    I live in a townhouse. I put a DirecTV dish on my roof and I had to buy a special mounting bracket or something. You are right, it will damage the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    I live in a townhouse. I put a DirecTV dish on my roof and I had to buy a special mounting bracket or something. You are right, it will damage the roof.
    And that is why in an apt complex, you would lose the deposit, to fix that damage. There have been lawsuits about this issue. Technology is always a mess.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    And that is why in an apt complex, you would lose the deposit, to fix that damage. There have been lawsuits about this issue. Technology is always a mess.
    Should apartments facing south & west charge more for rent??

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Should apartments facing south & west charge more for rent??
    Why not? Some charge more for a view. Supply and demand. Simple economics...
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

I pay a little more than other 1 BR apts, since I have vaulted ceilings.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

there's a good buck in that racket.

Mookie would pay extra for bjs

Made in the USA

Of course, they already have to pay more for running an AC unit in the summer, compared to those with northern exposures...
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Thread Information