X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Religion Thread: We Could Say a Prayer

Meanwhile in Rome...

@AmericanPapist: This appears to confirm that the rooftop of the Basilica Church of Saint Peter in Chains in Rome has collapsed. This is Cdl Wuerl’s titular parish! http://cathstan.org/Content/News/Nat...gton/2/26/4554 http://www.askanews.it/cronaca/2018/...0180830_151522
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      There has been only one true Pope. After a Council or two we labeled the rest anti Popes. Interesting note: A tombstone reads "Here lies Baldassarre Cossa, who used to be Pope John XXIII"

In the current example, if Francis was forced to resign at "gun point", that would be a violation of Canon Law. We would end up with two popes, with Francis being the de jure Pope and the new guy the de facto Pope. One would eventually be declared the legitimate successor of St. Peter.

I pray that doesn't happen.
      I am pretty sure that one sect deciding other sects are not legitimate doesn't hold water for anyone but the sect that decided they were top of the heap. I spent a whole day once looking up the 'one Pope' thing as well as the quote from Scripture that Catholics feel gives this legitimacy. Talk about diverging history and beliefs. It was awhile ago but it was really interesting how the Catholic Church decides what its history was and then erases everything that proves otherwise. The Pope thing and the veneration of Mary are both later constructs that most would think were present from the start but were things that answered issues centuries after the church was first born.

Comment

Churchmilitant.com, not a fan of heterodox stuff in Holy Mother Church, reports that Donald Cardinal Wuerl is in seclusion preparing to be spirited out of the country to hole up in the Vatican.

If this happens, oh my God.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Churchmilitant.com, not a fan of heterodox stuff in Holy Mother Church, reports that Donald Cardinal Wuerl is in seclusion preparing to be spirited out of the country to hole up in the Vatican.

If this happens, oh my God.
          Yikes- the wording of this is like The Enquirer or Access Hollywood. Who knew there was a Catholic branch of them?

Comment

On a more serious note if this is happening for real then it is like trying to stuff a genie back in the bottle.

Comment

Today, at my church, I was asked why I haven't taken communion yet. I simply said I wasn't ready to.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Took communion at my church today. Felt nervous going up, but knelt and did it. I think Rev. Jen was surprised to see me up there.

That felt good, because earlier this week, I encountered a gatekeeper, someone who told me I was taking hormones to run from God and I had to stop to be saved.

On that note, the sermon this week was about the Gentile woman who said "even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from the children's table."
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Eric

Re point 1.

The belief comes from the Gospel of Matthew

"Thou art Peter and upon this rock I will build My Church and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it.
                  Whatsoever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven and whatsoever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."
                  If we take this as written, and we should, how does it equate to the pope and all the powers it is believed by some he has.

Also you mentioned Purgatory earlier, what is the biblical basis for this as far as you understand?
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    If we take this as written, and we should, how does it equate to the pope and all the powers it is believed by some he has.

Also you mentioned Purgatory earlier, what is the biblical basis for this as far as you understand?
                    http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12575a.htm

https://www.catholiceducation.org/en...purgatory.html
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

"If you transition, you're going to hell."- some dope from my old church.

Look lady, if it's my soul or breasts, I'm taking the breasts.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                        "If you transition, you're going to hell."- some dope from my old church.

Look lady, if it's my soul or breasts, I'm taking the breasts.
                        Breasts are amazing. I'm with you, Amber.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                          THey may be amazing but they get in the way!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            THey may be amazing but they get in the way!
                            Meh - that's what packing tape is for!

Comment

Meh - that's what packing tape is for!
                              hahahahahahah.....hahahahahaha!

Comment

Without augmentation, I might get to a B cup!

Comment

Working...
                                X