Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How were they aable to serve beer in St. Paul?

Made in the USA

Re: How were they aable to serve beer in St. Paul?

Quote Originally Posted by Joey13 View Post
    How were they able to serve beer in St. Paul? I had never seen that before?
    Pull the tap back and let the liquid pour.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

"Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Quote Originally Posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    Because beer is the only thing that makes being in Minnesota tolerable.
    This is the first thing that a Techie has ever said that I agree with.
    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by scoreboard View Post
    We were at the Fan Fest for the semis waiting in line for a beer in the freezing cold when a guy went up on stage and said he had a historic FF announcement to make. He said "beer and wine will be sold throughout the arena for the first time ever". We promptly got out of the line went into the arena and got a craft beer in a warm environment. Beer had only previously been available in suites at the FF. Of course, the most obnoxious drunk, screaming and whistling during his team's game, just happened to be seated behind us in the club level. Can you guess what school he was cheering for?
    That would fit the ohio state persona to a "T" except that ohio state doesn't have any hockey fans. I saw one in Tom Reid's but that was it.
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by UMICH View Post
    That would fit the ohio state persona to a "T" except that ohio state doesn't have any hockey fans. I saw one in Tom Reid's but that was it.
    Nope. Not Ohio State. So, with previous guesses UMD and Notre Dame being incorrect, think about which team is left....

Quote Originally Posted by UMICH View Post
    This is the first thing that a Techie has ever said that I agree with.
    Unfortunately even beer doesn't help Washtenaw County

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Because beer is the only thing that makes being in Minnesota tolerable.
    Yes, because your area with all the trees and two lane roads and no population, jobs, or entertainment are quite enticing. Holy wah.

(BTW, you should be friendly to Minnesotans, we pump up your economy every year).
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Yes, because your area with all the trees and two lane roads and no population, jobs, or entertainment are quite enticing. Holy wah.

(BTW, you should be friendly to Minnesotans, we pump up your economy every year).
    By willing to spend their hard-earned money and vacation time coming up to be entertained amongst our peaceful trees and two lane roads while providing good jobs to our non-overpopulated area.

You're right, thank you yellow rodent fans.

Quote Originally Posted by scoreboard View Post
    Nope. Not Ohio State. So, with previous guesses UMD and Notre Dame being incorrect, think about which team is left....
    That would be a Walmart fan then....

Unfortunately even beer doesn't help Washtenaw County

Your agoraphobic view is noted....

By willing to spend their hard-earned money and vacation time coming up to be entertained amongst our peaceful trees and two lane roads while providing good jobs to our non-overpopulated area.

You're right, thank you yellow rodent fans.

We've had local businesses tell us outright that they upped their staff when they saw the Gophers on the MTU schedule. We have an entire inn booked in Eagle River for eternity (not kidding) for a weekend in July (and we spend the first 2 days of that vacation in Houghton)*. I had a gift shop owner tell me last year, that a buddy and me just doubled her weekend income from our purchases.

*That inn? Gopher group weekend is easily top five, most often top 2, for weekend income for the year. July 4 being number one, and we won't come close to that, understandably.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

We've had local businesses tell us outright that they upped their staff when they saw the Gophers on the MTU schedule. We have an entire inn booked in Eagle River for eternity (not kidding) for a weekend in July (and we spend the first 2 days of that vacation in Houghton)*. I had a gift shop owner tell me last year, that a buddy and me just doubled her weekend income from our purchases.

*That inn? Gopher group weekend is easily top five, most often top 2, for weekend income for the year. July 4 being number one, and we won't come close to that, understandably.
    Nowhere beats the Keweenaw in July. Thanks for making the trip.

Too bad we can't get you back for two against the gophers at the Mac in the winter. Bring your skis and snowshoes and make a week of it.

Nowhere beats the Keweenaw in July. Thanks for making the trip.

Too bad we can't get you back for two against the gophers at the Mac in the winter. Bring your skis and snowshoes and make a week of it.

Gophers are the reason the general public can't rent the 2 big suites at the arena. Per the prez "We don't want opposition's fanbase to have that sort of presence." Truth. And tMel (I know he is now hated there) wanted to bring MN back. I asked him personally during a tUMD/MTU series where our fanbase was up there cheering on MTU.

Like most I was surprised when I walked into the XCel Center and found out that beer was being sold. Finally nice to see the NCAA treating their customers as adults. My take on this change is based on the evolving relationship between the NCAA and the host arenas. Up to now the NCAA has basically told the people who run these arenas that, if you want to have us come, you have to wipe the place of all advertising and any indications of professionalism. And we need your place for almost a week. I think that the arenas finally drew the line and said, you want us to accommodate you, while we lose out on revenue from pro events or concerts, we need something in return. Alcohol sales was the solution. Not for a minute do I think this would have come to pass except that the NCAA is no longer negotiating from a position of strength. Their overall aura has lost luster and, beyond that, there is no longer a guarantee that the FF will sell out. The one in St. Paul didnít. Itís a new dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
    Their overall aura has lost luster and, beyond that, there is no longer a guarantee that the FF will sell out. The one in St. Paul didn’t. It’s a new dawn.
    It came close to a sellout. 18,026 for the two semi's and 18,303 for the final. Pretty good considering the closest team there was located 150 miles away, and the other three considerably further.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Like most I was surprised when I walked into the XCel Center and found out that beer was being sold. Finally nice to see the NCAA treating their customers as adults. My take on this change is based on the evolving relationship between the NCAA and the host arenas. Up to now the NCAA has basically told the people who run these arenas that, if you want to have us come, you have to wipe the place of all advertising and any indications of professionalism. And we need your place for almost a week. I think that the arenas finally drew the line and said, you want us to accommodate you, while we lose out on revenue from pro events or concerts, we need something in return. Alcohol sales was the solution. Not for a minute do I think this would have come to pass except that the NCAA is no longer negotiating from a position of strength. Their overall aura has lost luster and, beyond that, there is no longer a guarantee that the FF will sell out. The one in St. Paul didnít. Itís a new dawn.
    Completely agree. The move to NHL-sized rinks was definitely a mixed blessing for the NCAA. They can no longer bully the venue. The artificial ticket shortage was exposed in Columbus and given its death knell at Ford Field.

Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    It came close to a sellout. 18,026 for the two semi's and 18,303 for the final. Pretty good considering the closest team there was located 150 miles away, and the other three considerably further.
    With SRO, the Wild pack in close to 22,000. So not close.

With SRO, the Wild pack in close to 22,000. So not close.
    Official attendance is usually announced at around 19,200 and change. We'll see what they announce for tonight's game, which the Wild just won 6-2. I'll be there tomorrow night, hoping they can tie and extend the series to at least six games...the Jets are for real!

Official attendance is usually announced at around 19,200 and change. We'll see what they announce for tonight's game, which the Wild just won 6-2. I'll be there tomorrow night, hoping they can tie and extend the series to at least six games...the Jets are for real!
    http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/upload/MS...rds%202015.pdf
    On Friday evening, the 21,609 is a new record for the largest crowd to ever attend an indoor
    hockey game in the state of Minnesota

Just putting it out there.

Official attendance is usually announced at around 19,200 and change. We'll see what they announce for tonight's game, which the Wild just won 6-2.
    Tonight's attendance was listed as 19,175.

http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/upload/MS...rds%202015.pdf
    On Friday evening, the 21,609 is a new record for the largest crowd to ever attend an indoor
    hockey game in the state of Minnesota

Just putting it out there.
    Bear in mind that on Friday night at the Boy's State Tournament they sell tickets for some seats twice, mostly as the result of students leaving after their teams' games are over and new ones for the second game arrive.

Thread Information