• Show
Clear All

Re: Premier D3 jobs

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
    It definitely wasn’t money. I’m guessing location. Newport is tough to beat

Comment

Originally posted by Adam_Krug#1 View Post
      I guess I should have said who wants to spend winters in a non metro place in the winter. Salve is on the rise because of their location I would assume
      Why would anybody want to spend time in a metro area in the winter? If I didn't have grandkids here, I'd be on my way back to Vermont lickety split. Too many people, too much pollution, and too much hassle.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
        Why would anybody want to spend time in a metro area in the winter? If I didn't have grandkids here, I'd be on my way back to Vermont lickety split. Too many people, too much pollution, and too much hassle.
        Did you think that way when you were 20 though?

Comment

Yes, that's why I went to Dartmouth
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
            Move the grandkids.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
              It definitely wasn’t money. I’m guessing location. Newport is tough to beat
              But why has Salve never been as good? It isn't like Salve is a NEW program
              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                But why has Salve never been as good? It isn't like Salve is a NEW program
                Not inferring anything, but Salve's recent success is eerily reminiscent of another program's meteoric rise locted near Philly.

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                  Not inferring anything, but Salve's recent success is eerily reminiscent of another program's meteoric rise locted near Philly.
                  While I'd love to agree, 1 of 30 foreign players vs 18 of 28...not even close. Now if Salve gave out 1 foreign aid scholarships to that one said foreign player, they would be close to that percentage...I mean case.......

Having said that I dont by the "beautiful Newport" argument either. A...these are 20 year old men.... beautiful sunsets, nice houses and artistic buildings are the last thing on their minds. Newport didn't just happen two years ago since Salve has been around (and dormant) for decades.

I DO think some $$$ has influenced a couple players, but I also think there is more beyond the scope of grants/aides going on...meaning the coach and more so the Universitys push to put a great program on the ice.

If they were stacked with Canadian players I'd agree, but they're not. I'd say they are more on par with a team out of Michigan. Now did they promise their incoming players they'd be going DI in a couple years like Adr....I mean yea, Salve has come a long ways....
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

What makes the other three so appealing? Sure those three have nice rinks, but spending winters in those places cant be a great recruiting tool. With the expanding d3 field theres better places to go.
                    Whens the last time Platty was relevant?
                    As for Norwich, why did they lose out on eight kids to Salve last year...per Prez
                    The last time Plattsburgh was relevant was LITERALLY a year ago when they won the SUNYAC? Prior to this year they made it to three consecutive conference championship games.

Comment

Originally posted by BKrosky View Post
                      The last time Plattsburgh was relevant was LITERALLY a year ago when they won the SUNYAC? Prior to this year they made it to three consecutive conference championship games.
                      Fredonia played in this year's said championship game. Are they now relevant?
                      It's been years since I've put Platty in national contender.
                      Coach Emery is no doubt one of the best D3 has seen, but they aren't where they were a decade ago.

Comment

Does not mean they are not relevant....

Comment

Coach Emery is no doubt one of the best D3 has seen, but they aren't where they were a decade ago.
                          Cool, new rule. Your team is not relevant unless they've won a NC. See you later.

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
                            Cool, new rule. Your team is not relevant unless they've won a NC. See you later.
                            That's not what I said.
                            See you later

Comment

So making the NCAA tournament 5x in the last 10 years doesnt make you relevant. What are the qualifications then? I would say making the conference finals for 20+ years straight in one of the best D3 conferences in the nation, including winning it 5x in the past 10 means they are still relevant. If they have a season like this year for the next 10 years then I may agree with you but until then, I am willing to bet that most if not everyone will agree they are still relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by dmac1103 View Post
                                So making the NCAA tournament 5x in the last 10 years doesnt make you relevant. What are the qualifications then? I would say making the conference finals for 20+ years straight in one of the best D3 conferences in the nation, including winning it 5x in the past 10 means they are still relevant. If they have a season like this year for the next 10 years then I may agree with you but until then, I am willing to bet that most if not everyone will agree they are still relevant.
                                Just giving my opinion

Comment

Working...
                                X