Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

Sure. When they move to Mississippi we can all laugh together.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Sure. When they move to Mississippi we can all laugh together.
      We all know they have more educated and skilled folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        No, they're youngin's, new hires, early in career, on the steep part of the wage growth curve. They don't feel it ... yet.
        One of my relatives just bought a starter home for 800k.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          One of my relatives just bought a starter home for 800k.
          I heard over the weekend (forget which S-XM channel) that median (not mean, median) in San Jose is over $900k.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            I heard over the weekend (forget which S-XM channel) that median (not mean, median) in San Jose is over $900k.
            That sounds completely accurate

Comment

Actually, ... it's low.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/01/...8-zillow-says/
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

We all know they have more educated and skilled folks.
                I think you and Scooby are making the same mistake that a lot of people make when thinking about this problem.

No one is saying that there aren't skilled workers in Minnesota. There are oodles of them.

The problem (if you're trying to attract someone who needs a lot of skilled workers) is that there is already too much competition for them here. Thus, Amazon isn't going to be able to attract enough, at the right "price" to work for them.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  I think you and Scooby are making the same mistake that a lot of people make when thinking about this problem.

No one is saying that there aren't skilled workers in Minnesota. There are oodles of them.

The problem (if you're trying to attract someone who needs a lot of skilled workers) is that there is already too much competition for them here. Thus, Amazon isn't going to be able to attract enough, at the right "price" to work for them.
                  Now you're cooking. Correct. They don't want to move here cause they don't want to pay anybody. Same with any corporation. You found common ground.

Oh. I made no mistake.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

No, I understood that. As I’ve said, too many other firms here. Couple that with the lesser tax breaks and it wasn’t gonna happen.

It’s just too easy to make jokes about skilled workers in Mississippi

Comment

It’s just too easy to make jokes about skilled workers in Mississippi
                      Then Amazon must've messed up when they gave feedback to Minnesota. Confused ends of the river?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                        Then Amazon must've messed up when they gave feedback to Minnesota. Confused ends of the river?
                        They lie. They all lie.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Kep

If AMZN relocates to Montgomery County MD, the local roads, mass() transit, and schools can't handle the influx
                          You know that enormous parcel of land out beyond Dulles right on the Fairfax/Loudon border?

Amazon building out there would destroy my commute by it would also probably triple my home value so I could retire five years earlier and get off this hellish coast.

Edit: I swear to God I had no idea VA had bid when I wrote that. Not only did they bid, they bid THAT VERY SPOT!
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            ... retire five years earlier and get off this hellish coast.
                            Movin' to Flyover, eh?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              You know that enormous parcel of land out beyond Dulles right on the Fairfax/Loudon border?

Amazon building out there would destroy my commute by it would also probably triple my home value so I could retire five years earlier and get off this hellish coast.
                              Data centers are moving into that area like crazy. My mother's in Ashburn and she loves that. It means good taxes for the area with hardly any traffic; plus the power grid is super-strong because the companies don't want to risk anything going down. Having actual companies with workers moving in would kinda suck. (Fun related story: they were going to build a single-A baseball stadium in One Loudoun right next to Route 7 but then changed plans, possibly because they realized that was a monumentally dumb place to put a baseball stadium.)

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                Movin' to Flyover, eh?
                                God, it's not even Flyover. It's the place Flyovers fly over when they go from LA to Vegas.

It's God's Easy Bake Oven.

Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X