Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Ford getting out of the car building business.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/04/25/fo...us-active/amp/

Currently, Ford sells six sedans and coupes in North America: the Fiesta, Focus, Fusion, C-Max, Mustang and Taurus.
    Three of those are cars I'd never drive. The Fusion and Taurus are solid. The Mustang is the Mustang.

My questions are:
    - What's McConaughy going to drive in Lincoln ads now (assuming the Lincoln sedans are gone with this also)?
    - What' Ford going to run for a car body in NASCAR?
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

It's a start.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        Three of those are cars I'd never drive. The Fusion and Taurus are solid. The Mustang is the Mustang.

My questions are:
        - What's McConaughy going to drive in Lincoln ads now (assuming the Lincoln sedans are gone with this also)?
        - What' Ford going to run for a car body in NASCAR?
        All the cars are imports anyway, save for the Taurus which is built in the same Chicago plant as the Explorer, and (if I recall from my post in the cars thread) some assembly of thr Fusion was in a Wayne assembly plant that will likely be re-tooled for use as assembly for the new Focus Hatchback. (The only car "saved" alongside the Mustang.)

Lincoln may become, unintentionally, only luxury SUV's and pickups, unless they keep a sedan body platform that powers the Police Interceptor Sedan.

Ford already runs the Mustang on the Busch Grand National... err Xfinity Series. Chevrolet eliminated the SS a year ago (it was it's own model, not a trim package for an Impala) and graduated the Camero to the Winston err Monster Energy Series for this season. Mustang would likely follow suit.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Whoa

Why kill yourself by buying an anchor of a company and tying it around your neck?
          They think the new T-Mobile company will be large enough to build the first 5G network in the land. They, allegedly, want to get ahead of the phones. The cell towers all have the tech ready for deployment to handle the speed, but the phones aren't there yet.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            All the cars are imports anyway, save for the Taurus which is built in the same Chicago plant as the Explorer, and (if I recall from my post in the cars thread) some assembly of thr Fusion was in a Wayne assembly plant that will likely be re-tooled for use as assembly for the new Focus Hatchback. (The only car "saved" alongside the Mustang.)

Lincoln may become, unintentionally, only luxury SUV's and pickups, unless they keep a sedan body platform that powers the Police Interceptor Sedan.

Ford already runs the Mustang on the Busch Grand National... err Xfinity Series. Chevrolet eliminated the SS a year ago (it was it's own model, not a trim package for an Impala) and graduated the Camero to the Winston err Monster Energy Series for this season. Mustang would likely follow suit.
            I'm pretty sure the new Focus hatch is just to meet CAFE standards to offset the Mustang.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              They think the new T-Mobile company will be large enough to build the first 5G network in the land. They, allegedly, want to get ahead of the phones. The cell towers all have the tech ready for deployment to handle the speed, but the phones aren't there yet.
              Interesting piece on just that.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

The Chevy SS was just an American version of the Holden Monero.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.872299ab086e

Too little too late little Marco. The time to come out against the tax cut was before it was passed. Not after. You're trying to be Trump and have your cake and eat it too. That only works for Orange Baboons.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Too little too late little Marco. The time to come out against the tax cut was before it was passed. Not after. You're trying to be Trump and have your cake and eat it too. That only works for Orange Baboons.
                    It took Nixon to go to China.. .
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Domo arigato, Marco Ruboto.

If he really cared, he wouldn't have voted for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        The Chevy SS was just an American version of the Holden Monero.
                        That it was. And a sweet car at that.

It's a **** shame that GM shut down Holden's plant and just sell rebadged Chevy's.
                        Last edited by aparch; 05-01-2018, 08:28 AM.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Is he up for re-election? Sounds more like a campaign to me...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Is he up for re-election? Sounds more like a campaign to me...
                            He's not up until 2022. While he may be trying to build a brand for a 2020 nomination challenge I can't imagine that's what he would go with, unless he thinks he'll be competing against Paul Ryan and he wants to take a wild swing at economic populism.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              He's not up until 2022. While he may be trying to build a brand for a 2020 nomination challenge I can't imagine that's what he would go with, unless he thinks he'll be competing against Paul Ryan and he wants to take a wild swing at economic populism.
                              He gonna flip parties come Jan 2019
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                He gonna flip parties come Jan 2019
                                I'd give him a golf clap for that. But the Mexicans will still hate a Cuban.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X