Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Denny Sanford. Sioux Falls, SD.

Thinking about Amazon's HQ2: I won't bet against you.
    They got cut because they gave a half assed bid that didnít bend over. Target and B.B. are hq here as you know and Dayton wasnít going to roll out the red carpet.

Iím sure youíd have found a comment had MN not bid, too.

Kicizapi Cetan

Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    They got cut because they gave a half assed bid that didn’t bend over. Target and B.B. are hq here ...
    So, they didn't bend because they're already bent?
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

North Dakota Hockey:

So, they didn't bend because they're already bent?
    No. As Iím sure youíve noted before weíre not a low tax state. Lots of places HQ here despite that. Why would you lure in a new one and give them special breaks the others donít get? ESP when that comes with a zillion headaches like Seattle has experienced.

Kicizapi Cetan

... comes with a zillion headaches like Seattle has experienced.
    Caffeine headaches from all the coffee?

I have relatives in Seattle that tell me it's the greatest thing since bread (forget the sliced aspect).

North Dakota Hockey:

Caffeine headaches from all the coffee?

I have relatives in Seattle that tell me it's the greatest thing since bread (forget the sliced aspect).
    Then maybe they are like my family, wealthy enough to be insulated and always able to afford the rising prices. For others though, itís not been good.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    That's meaningless. They got cut because they wouldn't bend over. That's meaningful.
    According to the reports that came out of the State, Amazon said that Minnesota didn't make the cut because of a concern about a sufficient number of qualified skilled workers.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    According to the reports that came out of the State, Amazon said that Minnesota didn't make the cut because of a concern about a sufficient number of qualified skilled workers.
    LOL.

That's hilarious. And utter and complete BS.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

LOL.

That's hilarious. And utter and complete BS.
    http://tcbmag.com/news/articles/2018...s-hq2-not-enou
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Kicizapi Cetan

Then maybe they are like my family, wealthy enough to be insulated and always able to afford the rising prices. For others though, it’s not been good.
    No, they're youngin's, new hires, early in career, on the steep part of the wage growth curve. They don't feel it ... yet.

North Dakota Hockey:

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    North Dakota (or South, I forget) lured the Citicorp HQ from NYC. Money talks.

The second HQ is going to be DC so they can get their hands on all the lovely gubmint graft, er, investment. That's a given. But if they ever decide to move their first HQ my bet would be sunny climes and the kind of voters who close schools to fund HS footbaw.
    Kep

If AMZN relocates to Montgomery County MD, the local roads, mass() transit, and schools can't handle the influx

Sure. When they move to Mississippi we can all laugh together.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Sure. When they move to Mississippi we can all laugh together.
    We all know they have more educated and skilled folks.

No, they're youngin's, new hires, early in career, on the steep part of the wage growth curve. They don't feel it ... yet.
    One of my relatives just bought a starter home for 800k.

Kicizapi Cetan

One of my relatives just bought a starter home for 800k.
    I heard over the weekend (forget which S-XM channel) that median (not mean, median) in San Jose is over $900k.

North Dakota Hockey:

I heard over the weekend (forget which S-XM channel) that median (not mean, median) in San Jose is over $900k.
    That sounds completely accurate

Kicizapi Cetan

North Dakota Hockey:

We all know they have more educated and skilled folks.
    I think you and Scooby are making the same mistake that a lot of people make when thinking about this problem.

No one is saying that there aren't skilled workers in Minnesota. There are oodles of them.

The problem (if you're trying to attract someone who needs a lot of skilled workers) is that there is already too much competition for them here. Thus, Amazon isn't going to be able to attract enough, at the right "price" to work for them.

I think you and Scooby are making the same mistake that a lot of people make when thinking about this problem.

No one is saying that there aren't skilled workers in Minnesota. There are oodles of them.

The problem (if you're trying to attract someone who needs a lot of skilled workers) is that there is already too much competition for them here. Thus, Amazon isn't going to be able to attract enough, at the right "price" to work for them.
    Now you're cooking. Correct. They don't want to move here cause they don't want to pay anybody. Same with any corporation. You found common ground.

Oh. I made no mistake.

No, I understood that. As Iíve said, too many other firms here. Couple that with the lesser tax breaks and it wasnít gonna happen.

Itís just too easy to make jokes about skilled workers in Mississippi

Kicizapi Cetan

It’s just too easy to make jokes about skilled workers in Mississippi
    Then Amazon must've messed up when they gave feedback to Minnesota. Confused ends of the river?

North Dakota Hockey:

Thread Information