Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    The Embargo Act? I know it's probably not covered in the history texts anymore, but way way back when we were told that banning trade with France and England stimulated American business.
    Well if someone said it before, it certainly must still be true.

Comment

Papa John himself used the N-word on a conference call... and he resigned as Chairman of the Board.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Everyone needs to descend on Bend, Ore.

@nbcwashington: Alaska's last two Blockbuster video stores are calling it quits, leaving just one store open in the U.S. http://nbc4dc.com/tgYBj7y
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

You need to start watching last week tonight
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            You need to start watching last week tonight
            I don't pay for HBO.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Then watch it on YouTube
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...r-goods-2018-7

This was the line that got an audible "holy sh-t" from me.

"The consumer goods subject to the new tariffs together account for almost 6% of the core CPI," he said. "Assuming no supply-chain margin compression — there will be some, initially — that means 10% tariffs would boost the index by up to 0.6%."

A 0.6% increase in the CPI index would be substantial, as it would raise inflation by 0.6 percentage points, or 30% of the Federal Reserve's 2% target.
                Code:

Comment

And inflation's already at its highest levels in some time.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    Yep. We're ****ed.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                      Unless you lived through the 70s, you have no idea on inflation.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Thank you for the history lesson gramps, but I was there.

Thanks for being the board know-it-all, lecturing everyone who you feel falls beneath your gargantuan intellect. Putz. Don't you have some fetuses to save?

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          To the contrary, I've been watching it eat away at my generation's savings and retirement potential for years.

Comment

Joe don't care, his SS gets adjusted every year to keep up with inflation.

Unlike our wages.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              Joe don't care, his SS gets adjusted every year to keep up with inflation.

Unlike our wages.
                              Nope. I don't collect SS. My Federal retirement has not kept place with inflation.

Oh, and rufus. I try to maintain a civil posture on this board. It would behoove you to learn manners. You'll make more friends that way.
                              Last edited by joecct; 07-13-2018, 06:13 PM.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Nope. I don't collect SS. My Federal retirement has not kept place with inflation.

Oh, and rufus. I try to maintain a civil posture on this board. It would behoove you to learn manners. You'll make more friends that way.
                                Posture really is the perfect word for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X