Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

Why does everyone keep tying a short term bump in the markets to tariffs rather than a 30% reduction in corporate tax?

Never mind that the deficit was up over 50% in August vs. last year.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Oh boy, those Trump tax cuts really hit the spot. My employer just announced a 10% workforce reduction over the next three years. That's about 30,000 layoffs.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
        Why does everyone keep tying a short term bump in the markets to tariffs rather than a 30% reduction in corporate tax?
        They do?
        I see the two as conflicting forces and the tax cut influence is overcoming the tariffs and pushing the market up.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          Oh boy, those Trump tax cuts really hit the spot. My employer just announced a 10% workforce reduction over the next three years. That's about 30,000 layoffs.
          Without giving away more than you wish to say, ... industry/business sector?
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            Pretty easy to determine if you scan headlines from yesterday

Comment

Stagecoaches.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Oh come on, scanning headlines or googling "30,000 layoffs" isn't that hard.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  Oh come on, scanning headlines or googling "30,000 layoffs" isn't that hard.
                  If you Google "30,000 layoffs", the first few things that come up are stories regarding Volkswagen.

Edit:

In fact Wells Fargo doesn't come up at all.
                  Last edited by SJHovey; 09-21-2018, 03:18 PM.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    If you Google "30,000 layoffs", the first few things that come up are stories regarding Volkswagen.

Edit:

"cut workforce 10%" worked for me

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Edit:

On google news it's the first hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Cripes.... mookie saw that and he is in the Middle East
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                          They do?
                          I see the two as conflicting forces and the tax cut influence is overcoming the tariffs and pushing the market up.
                          yeah, the only reason the market's up is all the stock buybacks.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            yeah, the only reason the market's up is all the stock buybacks.
                            Right, please tell me how "the market going up" helps the average person.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                              On google news it's the first hit.
                              I just googled "workforce reduction" before I saw all these posts.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                                Right, please tell me how "the market going up" helps the average person.
                                I can't, and I won't.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X