Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Memphis is all but owned by FedEx IINM.
    From what I hear that is true. Surprisingly, UPS and Louisville are not similar.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
      Colorado Springs is a military town if anything. Mega churches/moral whacktivists would be a very distant 2nd.
      Knowing the general make up of the Air Force Officer Corps I’d say they go hand in hand.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

Don't think corporations 'own' cities. I would say partner...and that is actually quite important as they are an understandably major user of services...and can provide lots of local benefits themselves.

I've done research and work for local governments, and they are really, really trying to do their best for the public.

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        I’ve never understood why the post office somehow needs to run a surplus. Does the FBI? Does the White House? What about Congress?
        Don't have any more recent data...but the PO lost over a billion each year from 20017 through 2015. Its just like many other services that are unwanted by the private sector...they're very tough on the finances.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          Don't have any more recent data...but the PO lost over a billion each year from 20017 through 2015. Its just like many other services that are unwanted by the private sector...they're very tough on the finances.
          What's your point? Because I think you completely missed mine perhaps?

The Post Office shouldn't need to make a profit. It's an essential government service.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            Knowing the general make up of the Air Force Officer Corps I’d say they go hand in hand.
            Which is true, but the AF population is dwarfed by Fort Carson.

Comment

What's your point? Because I think you completely missed mine perhaps?

The Post Office shouldn't need to make a profit. It's an essential government service.
              It looks like we're in agreement.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                not expecting even a single party switcher like ben nighthorse campbell or whatnot?
                If they were at 59, I could see someone switching parties to give them 60.

But even with a blue wave that's a borderline tsunami, the Dems can only realistically reach 54 or 55 Senate seats next January. And if I had to wager money, I'd put the over under at 50. The map is that bad this year.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post

But even with a blue wave that's a borderline tsunami, the Dems can only realistically reach 54 or 55 Senate seats next January. And if I had to wager money, I'd put the over under at 50. The map is that bad this year.
                  Yep. It's at 50. They need 51 because Saruman the White is the deciding vote.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post

I could see a Republican Senator in a blue state pulling a George Wallace ("Guess what? I woke up this morning and No More Racism!!!")

But are there even any Republican Senators in blue states anymore? One of the consequences of them going Full Nazi is no room in the party for anybody with even a slice of functioning brain any more.

Actually, there are:

CO 2020
                    ME 2020
                    NV 2022

and some other targets:

FL 2022 (Rubio isn't flipping, but that would sure be funny)
                    NC 2020
                    NC 2022
                    OH 2022
                    PA 2022
                    WI 2022
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Memphis is all but owned by FedEx IINM.
                      I think AutoZone is HQ'd there as well.

MEM also has a pretty big office that is the center for Hilton IT ops. The suits sit at HQ in Virginia, of course.
                      Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 04-24-2018, 06:00 PM.

Comment

NBC News reported this week on the latest findings from the Joint Committee on Taxation, which suggest the plan’s progressive critics were on to something.

The deduction, which ranges up to 20 percent, will shower $40.2 billion in tax breaks on owners of pass-throughs – largely businesses owned by an individual or a partnership, or those “S” corporations that kick income and losses to shareholders for tax purposes – in 2018, the Joint Committee on Taxation estimated. The provision was included in the larger overhaul of tax rates enacted in December.

In 2018, the lion’s share of the benefit – $17.4 billion, or 44.3 percent of the total – will go to roughly 200,000 Americans making $1 million or more who claim the pass-through deduction, the committee said. Another $3.6 billion, or 8.9 percent, will go to a similar number of taxpayers who earn $500,000 to $1 million.

By 2024, the tax deductions will amount to $60.3 billion, and those making $1 million or more will account for $31.6 billion (52.4 percent) of that.
                        Every single tax cut legislator in this country can all go **** themselves. Either get creative or just stop. This isn't creativity, it's theft.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Anyone else hear that Mulvaney and Carson are looking to raise the HUD minimum rent payment something like 50-100%?
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Anyone else hear that Mulvaney and Carson are looking to raise the HUD minimum rent payment something like 50-100%?
                            Sure, why not.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f8eb29147a2a

Comment

Subway will close 500 stores this year.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                                Subway will close 500 stores this year.
                                *smiles, sheathes avocado-stained dagger once again*
                                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Working...
                                X