Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Wrong. They are supposed to cause economic chaos that will further divide America, and benefit Russia and China.
    Oh, well why didn't they just say so?
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I recommend if you're a business owner of some significance don't smok weed live on a podcast as it might not work in your favor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        I recommend if you're a business owner of some significance don't smok weed live on a podcast as it might not work in your favor.
        Joe Rogan certainly has a way of having people show their true colors, doesn't he?
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          "I go flyin' so high when I'm stoned."
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Originally posted by joecct View Post
            "I go flyin' so high when I'm stoned."
            Ahahahahaha. But seriously, has anyone in the past year really doubted that Musk was getting fooked up on a regular basis, whether it was weed or (more likely) something stronger? The nonsensical rage Tweets gave it away for me.

Comment

He’s tanking the stock making it all the more easier to fire that imbecilic dude bro. I’ve said he’s a charlatan for years. Not so happy to see I was right.

Ahhhh who am I kidding. **** that guy.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                He’s tanking the stock making it all the more easier to fire that imbecilic dude bro. I’ve said he’s a charlatan for years. Not so happy to see I was right.

Ahhhh who am I kidding. **** that guy.
                Settle down, dx. He's probably an addict, not necessarily an imbecile.

Comment

Yeah, life must be so tough for the billionaire. I do t know how he manages.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Ahahahahaha. But seriously, has anyone in the past year really doubted that Musk was getting fooked up on a regular basis, whether it was weed or (more likely) something stronger? The nonsensical rage Tweets gave it away for me.
                    He puffed it like a cigar. I don’t think he smokes weed on the regular. Maybe abusing stimulants though...

Comment

So with the tariffs...we're dealing damage to our own companies and citizen buying power for the good of the country? So how's the war going? Not so good.

Trade War Update: China Trade Unfazed By Trump Tariffs

The Trump vs Xi Jinping trade war has not harmed China’s trade economy, based on recent trade data for August and the first week of September. Total trade activity climbed 12.9% on an annual basis in August in yuan terms, up from 12.5% in July. That marked the 22nd month of growth, Panjiva research analysts said this week.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapo.../#5a7245806a6b
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                        So with the tariffs...we're dealing damage to our own companies and citizen buying power for the good of the country? So how's the war going? Not so good.

The Trump vs Xi Jinping trade war has not harmed China’s trade economy, based on recent trade data for August and the first week of September. Total trade activity climbed 12.9% on an annual basis in August in yuan terms, up from 12.5% in July. That marked the 22nd month of growth, Panjiva research analysts said this week.

So, China is still kicking our ***. Who didn't see that coming?
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          So, China is still kicking our ***. Who didn't see that coming?
                          Trump makes the best deals. He's a dealmaker.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post

That strikes me as only part of the story at the moment. HK and China Mainland stocks are off 20-25% on the year so far. Let's say a trillion dollars in valuation has disappeared. There's indications that this uptick above expected trade flow is due in part to companies rushing to build inventory as a hedge against possible future tariff impositions. If that's the case, whether tariffs are imposed or not, it's likely that there will be a glut of inventory on hand in the US before long, which means short term gains by suppliers may be eaten up by low orders, no cash flow and low or negative margins in the near future. Short term might be great, but there's probably trouble ahead for Chinese vendors either way.
                            Originally posted by WiscTJK
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              That strikes me as only part of the story at the moment. HK and China Mainland stocks are off 20-25% on the year so far. Let's say a trillion dollars in valuation has disappeared. There's indications that this uptick above expected trade flow is due in part to companies rushing to build inventory as a hedge against possible future tariff impositions. If that's the case, whether tariffs are imposed or not, it's likely that there will be a glut of inventory on hand in the US before long, which means short term gains by suppliers may be eaten up by low orders, no cash flow and low or negative margins in the near future. Short term might be great, but there's probably trouble ahead for Chinese vendors either way.
                              Which would all be a problem on an equal scale with the US if China was a representative democracy, which it is not. China's unelected govt can simply throw money at Chinese vendors to make them whole, or tell them to suck it up and deal with it or else. Chump can try to do the same thing but he's got an election coming up shortly where his party is widely expected to get its a ss kicked. If that doesn't make Trump call off the trade war, he then faces an election of his own 2 years hence. A communist dictatorship with plenty of reserve funds and no public accountability can easily hold off that long, a fact that Trump Humping economists seem to miss when assessing this trade war.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Trump is a genius at business. A genius.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/09/b...imes&smtyp=cur
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X