Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Joe, simple question: should LGBTQ be granted federal protections like those afforded blacks?
    I'm shocked, shocked I say, that he chose to ignore this one.
    Last edited by GrinCDXX; 07-14-2018, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
      I'm shocked, shocked I say, that he chose not to ignore this one.
      He was working on his posture.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
        He was working on his posture.
        I ordered the joe special at target field last night- super soft pretzel covered In salt

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          I ordered the joe special at target field last night- super soft pretzel covered In salt
          Yum

Nothing beats salty pretzels!
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Yum

Nothing beats salty pretzels!
            Cheesy salty pretzels.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by brenthoven View Post
              cheesy salty pretzels.
              with deep fried cheese curds!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                So why post pictures of a trans child in the other thread? Sure seemed like best case you were disgusted by him and suggesting conversion therapy was needed.
                My beef is with the parents. Which, I believe, was the thrust of the original post.

How do you feel about the kids in the TV show "Toddlers & Tiaras"? There is no way a kid should be slathered with that much makeup. The parents need adjustment.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  My beef is with the parents. Which, I believe, was the thrust of the original post.

How do you feel about the kids in the TV show "Toddlers & Tiaras"? There is no way a kid should be slathered with that much makeup. The parents need adjustment.
                  IF the parents are forcing on the child. If that is what the child wants, the parents should show encouragement.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Joe, simple question: should LGBTQ be granted federal protections like those afforded blacks?
                    Should heteros be protected? Should virgins? Polygamists? Jews? Catholics? Muslims?

Everyone should be treated with respect and dignity. Just like the rest of society, some members of a group are saints and some are absolute arses. The vast majority are in between.

How far do you want to go to compartmentalize society?

I prefer to deal with individuals, rather than groups. I've worked directly with every demographic group you can think of, except TG as our TG research leader was in California, not Maryland. All were treated as they deserved to be treated.
                    Last edited by joecct; 07-14-2018, 02:26 PM.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      IF the parents are forcing on the child. If that is what the child wants, the parents should show encouragement.
                      I want to be a police officer, daddy! Fine son, here's a Glock.

No kid knows what he or she wants. They're copycats.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Should heteros be protected? Should virgins? Polygamists? Jews? Catholics? Muslims?

Everyone should be treated with respect and dignity. Just like the rest of society, some members of a group are saints and some are absolute arses. The vast majority are in between.

I prefer to deal with individuals, rather than groups. I've worked directly with every demographic group you can think of, except TG as our TG research leader was in California, not Maryland. All were treated as they deserved to be treated.
                        Slippery slope argument. Nice.

And not even a good one. Jews, Catholics, and even the ickiest Muslims are already protected. Your argument is nice that they should all be treated with dignity. Unfortunately, history shows that isn’t the case.

So I’ll ask you again, should LGBTQ be granted federal protections like whites, men, and Catholics are already afforded?
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

It sounds as if you are saying gays should be permitted to marry.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post

There was a kid in my grade school named Jason who is now Jocelyn. And that is not exactly shocking to anyone who knew him/her.

There are others I would suspect turned out fabulous. Why should they have to pretend otherwise until they're 18?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              It sounds as if you are saying gays should be permitted to marry.
                              You forgot to read the white text. "...the way they deserved to be treated, [like the flith we all knew they were during the pre-Vatican II era that I long for.]

Oh - that's because joe forgot to type it.
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post

Catholics, Muslims, and Jews are protected. it's illegal to discriminate based on religion. Heteros are protected to the same extent gays are: the class is sexual orientation, not gayness.

Nice try, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X