Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

I think if 5mn would just admit he's a gun-hating, country club Republican, we'll all get along much better.

Comment

So he’s like the photonegative of Drew?
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Apple and Tesla are aspirational brands for rich white people. Please explain to us how they benefit your beloved working class.
        National productivity and wealth disparity are not the same. It doesn't do anyone any good to just make one segment of society worse off...if it doesn't benefit another segment. Make the country richer (the whole country) and then use whatever levers necessary to make sure that the wealth/benefit gains are appropriately balanced.

If Apple and Tesla are strictly aspirational brands...they still directly benefit somebody. Then they indirectly benefit many others as the best of their features are sooner or later adopted into low end phones/cars that benefit the less affluent. In the end, the ripple effect of jobs, tax revenues, direct product desirability, and genetic advances they bring to the industry make these guys valuable to even the bottom half.

This is not trickle down. 81% of Americans own a mobile phone - and the vast majority are benefiting greatly from innovation at Apple.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          In the end, the ripple effect of jobs, tax revenues, direct product desirability, and genetic advances they bring to the industry make these guys valuable to even the bottom half.

This is not trickle down. 81% of Americans own a mobile phone - and the vast majority are benefiting greatly from innovation at Apple.
          Do Apple and Tesla have genetic coding in them now? Were they spliced?
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

GE dropped from DJIA and replaced by Walgreens.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Yeesh
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

GE has been in the john for years now. And yet still they pay no taxes.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  GE has been in the john for years now. And yet still they pay no taxes.
                  Do they have a + net income? You don't pay taxes when you lose money.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Do they have a + net income? You don't pay taxes when you lose money.
                    Amazon doesn't, either. It has nothing to do with + net income in this case, but rather loopholes and shelters.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Amazon doesn't, either. It has nothing to do with + net income in this case, but rather loopholes and shelters.
                      Which means that their tax accountants and lawyers have receptive ears in Congre$$.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

@FoxBusiness: 21st Century Fox accepts Disney’s higher bid $DIS $FOXA https://fxn.ws/2I5dgNZ
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Good. I’d rather have Disney win in the battle of evil empires.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

So instead of, say, FOXN, we'll now get ESPNN??
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

So instead of, say, FOXN, we'll now get ESPNN??
                              It'll be interesting to see how the regional sports stations shake out. I think some of them were independent of Fox, but contracted with them.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Keep it up!

https://qz.com/1311779/spacex-sold-t...con-heavy/amp/
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X