Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 714

Thread: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

  1. #441
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44,925

    Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

    Actually, they DID build their business.


    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  2. #442
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    25,558

    Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

    The things I’ve seen in the Pharmacy hall at this conference were enough to make my skin crawl and blood boil.

  3. #443

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    34,987
    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    The things I’ve seen in the Pharmacy hall at this conference were enough to make my skin crawl and blood boil.
    Vendors and MDs will say you need a pill to control your allergic reaction.

  4. #444
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44,925

    Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

    Well who didn't see that coming... http://www.startribune.com/amazon-fl...tax/485213961/
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  5. #445
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom
    Posts
    15,058

    Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    It is kinda tough to play hardball with what I imagine is the city's largest employer.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  6. #446
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,855

    Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

    How about if there is no “income tax” on corporations? But a revenue tax? 1 or 2%? Pick a number.

  7. #447
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    20,631

    Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

    Yeah, I thought taxes were bad?
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

  8. #448
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,855

    Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

    Govt should (could) fund through

    Personal income tax (first 100k exempt)
    Revenue tax (vat) on sales - no Corp taxes
    Federal property tax - directed tax to fund national security and national spending (defense homeland transportation)

  9. #449
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,855
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Yeah, I thought taxes were bad?
    Gotta get funds to pay for stuff, dopey

  10. #450
    wubba lubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    30,647

    Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    How about if there is no “income tax” on corporations? But a revenue tax? 1 or 2%? Pick a number.
    You'd see an increase in purchase prices of just over 1%, on average.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

    "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

  11. #451
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,855
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    You'd see an increase in purchase prices of just over 1%, on average.
    Fine. And if someone can compete they’d lower prices. And with first 100k exempt from income so want? Big ticket items would pay more tax than fruit loops.

    Give and take regardless of where you dig

  12. #452
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom
    Posts
    15,058

    Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    How about if there is no “income tax” on corporations? But a revenue tax? 1 or 2%? Pick a number.
    State income taxes or the federal corp tax? For state taxes I assume Amazon will just claim most of the revenue is earned out of state, thus making it necessary that every state follows suit and institutes a similar tax.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  13. #453

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    60,340

    Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    How about if there is no “income tax” on corporations? But a revenue tax? 1 or 2%? Pick a number.
    If you want me to design the system from scratch it's entirely on personal income and wealth. Get rid of everything else:

    sales tax
    corporate tax
    excise tax

    Exempt the bottom 50% of the population from all taxation. Then start progressively taxing income from 20% up to 95% and wealth from 1% up to 10%. No exemptions no deductions.

    Or... to be an American citizen then all your wealth is patriated as American assets. Zero offshore holdings. Otherwise you're a financial illegal alien and your brats will sleep in a WalMart child prison.

    Also: everything a company extends you is income: your insurance, your options, your company car, your jet, your business dinner, your Knicks tickets.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

  14. #454
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    State income taxes or the federal corp tax? For state taxes I assume Amazon will just claim most of the revenue is earned out of state, thus making it necessary that every state follows suit and institutes a similar tax.
    There are receipts. Electronic recognition.

  15. #455
    wubba lubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    30,647

    Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Fine. And if someone can compete they’d lower prices. And with first 100k exempt from income so want? Big ticket items would pay more tax than fruit loops.

    Give and take regardless of where you dig
    Well, the poorest people filing taxes don't pay much, some receiving net tax subsidies. Taxing revenues is essentially a sales tax under a different name. So while you're not directly taxing the poor at a higher rate than before, you're lessening their purchasing power - making life even tougher for them.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

    "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

  16. #456
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    20,631

    Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Gotta get funds to pay for stuff, dopey
    Really? That's not what I keep hearing.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

  17. #457
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    If you want me to design the system from scratch it's entirely on personal income and wealth. Get rid of everything else:

    sales tax
    corporate tax
    excise tax

    Exempt the bottom 50% of the population from all taxation. Then start progressively taxing income from 20% up to 95% and wealth from 1% up to 10%. No exemptions no deductions.

    Or... to be an American citizen then all your wealth is patriated as American assets. Zero offshore holdings. Otherwise you're a financial illegal alien and your brats will sleep in a WalMart child prison.

    Also: everything a company extends you is income: your insurance, your options, your company car, your jet, your business dinner, your Knicks tickets.
    Mookie thinks all income is income. Shouldn’t be 50% are winners and 50% are losers. There is a number out there where your cross from exempt into taxable. Again 90k for family income isn’t even middle class.

    Jared and Ivanka should be hitting a high bracket on their 82mm

  18. #458

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    60,340

    Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Mookie thinks all income is income. Shouldn’t be 50% are winners and 50% are losers. There is a number out there where your cross from exempt into taxable. Again 90k for family income isn’t even middle class.

    Jared and Ivanka should be hitting a high bracket on their 82mm
    Then call it a single exemption up to the median income, and the median wealth, respectively.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

  19. #459
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,855
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Well, the poorest people filing taxes don't pay much, some receiving net tax subsidies. Taxing revenues is essentially a sales tax under a different name. So while you're not directly taxing the poor at a higher rate than before, you're lessening their purchasing power - making life even tougher for them.
    What is US gdp?

    At some point all citizens are responsible for what is provided to them. If you pay a couple points on purchase and nothing else, good for you.

  20. #460
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Then call it a single exemption up to the median income, and the median wealth, respectively.
    It again, middle class is how big? 30-70%?

    Half your middle class pays and half doesn’t?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •