Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

Oops, wrong link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_(continent)

(His point is still total crap mind you.)

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Are we sure Australia is real? That hoax is still around, no reason our resident bot wouldn’t fall for it

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Are we sure Australia is real? That hoax is still around, no reason our resident bot wouldn’t fall for it
        Australia doesn't exist. Also, Earth is flat. Ever hear of the Southern Ice Wall? Do some research, educate yourself. Take the redpill and be woke!

Comment

Best argument I saw to erasing a nation from the map was this one for Finland:

Population of Finland = 5.495 Million
          Population of Earth = 7.442 Billion

Percent of Global Population that is Finnish = 0.074%

Best government census margin of error = 1.0%

Therefore, there's a 50/50 chance Finland doesn't exist.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

So over the winter, my plant cut everyone's OT.

Then they fell behind.

Now most production is working 10-11 hour days, with mandatory Saturday OT.

In case you're wondering, we're not union. At our yearly employee meeting last October, we had to watch a 30 minute video on why unions are bad.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              So over the winter, my plant cut everyone's OT.

Then they fell behind.

Now most production is working 10-11 hour days, with mandatory Saturday OT.

In case you're wondering, we're not union. At our yearly employee meeting last October, we had to watch a 30 minute video on why unions are bad.
              So all y’all are rich now
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                So all y’all are rich now
                Not really. We don't get merit pay. We get a raise if our corporate overlords deem it so.

That being said, I'm attending open interviews at Pine Rest on Tuesday for a psychiatric technician position, and then at Gentex (manufacturing) on Wednesday for whatever. Both of their non-discrimination policies would cover me, and Gentex handles their LGBT employees well.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Oh, look at that, another US manufacturer feeling the bite of the Trump tariff war. This time, the CEO of a boat manufacturing company is looking at its options, none of which are good for the US laborers working for the company.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...8-8?yptr=yahoo
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    Oh, look at that, another US manufacturer feeling the bite of the Trump tariff war. This time, the CEO of a boat manufacturing company is looking at its options, none of which are good for the US laborers working for the company.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...8-8?yptr=yahoo
                    We don't tax exports. It's not our problem that those on the other side of the tariffs are butthurt that they can't take the US to the woodshed anymore.

Comment

McD's will now start selling 48-piece McNugget buckets in Japan for a limited time. They will come with one dipping sauce, $0.50 for each additional sauce.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        McD's will now start selling 48-piece McNugget buckets in Japan for a limited time. They will come with one dipping sauce, $0.50 for each additional sauce.
                        They just started McDelivery around here.

BTW, at the mall, I notice Burger Thing is now using the self serve kiosks.

Comment

Based on personal observations, the kiosks aren’t saving much on labor costs as there’s still 2-3 people at the front handing out the orders. It’s saving time slightly but not on labor.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            Based on personal observations, the kiosks aren’t saving much on labor costs as there’s still 2-3 people at the front handing out the orders. It’s saving time slightly but not on labor.
                            Right, that and they've had the option to use kiosks for over 20 years and decided that it's just cheaper and more efficient to have someone just relay the order from the register.

Comment

Because up until recently, the cost of a high school kid manning the counter has been nothing. As labor increases, so does automation.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Interesting read on the sharing economy: https://mises.org/power-market/shari...y-exploitative

Comment

Working...
                                X