Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isn't this what Trumpies call winning?
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

http://fortune.com/2018/10/09/ford-s...trade-tariffs/

Jim Hackett, Ford’s CEO, is working to engineer a $25.5 billion restructuring of the automaker, hoping to cut costs and remain competitive, the Wall Street Journal reports. But auto sales are down, and one reason is the trade tariffs that Trump has imposed on metals and other goods. According to Bloomberg, Hackett has said they have already cost the company $1 billion in profit and could do “more damage” if the disputes aren’t resolved quickly.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Get/build the parts here? We used to do that.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Get/build the parts here? We used to do that.
          Sure, they'll be super competitively priced The world doesn't work how you think it does.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Someone doesn't understand economics 101 and the principle of comparative advantage.

Comment

That’s why Republicans support this ****. They just don’t understand.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Look, I know you've been retired for a bit, but I didn't think the accounting field had passed you by this quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  That’s why Republicans support this ****. They just don’t understand.
                  They understand what plays to voters....
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I was talking about the GOP voters
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      They understand what plays to voters....
                      A minority of voters. Gerrymandering, voter restrictions on say registration, districting and the electoral college do the rest.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Last year’s tax legislation eliminated that benefit for all industries but one: real estate.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                          A minority of voters. Gerrymandering, voter restrictions on say registration, districting and the electoral college do the rest.
                          mookie votes every time and has never witnessed one person turned away...

Comment

At least its good that you agree there is gerrymandering, districting and the electoral college...which makes it so that the people's preferences don't matter.

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            mookie votes every time and has never witnessed one person turned away...
                            Registration - Everyone in these states who isn't already registered to vote will 'be turned away'. AL, AK, AZ, AR, FL, GA, HI, IN, KY, LA, MI, MS, MO, OH, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX - pretty much all states that have been run by the GOP.

Voter ID - Since the late 20th century, the Republican Party has led efforts to create more stringent voter ID laws. 12 states now require voters to show some form of photo identification with approximately 13 other states pursuing similar legislation. The laws were often introduced by the Republican members of ALEC (i.e., a shady special interest group) and signed by Republican governors. The Texas law recognized government-issued photo identification and weapons permits but not college IDs, resulting in criticism that the law was unfavorable to young voters, who trend liberal, while favorable to gun owners, who trend conservative. Wiki.

Research has shown that the type of voter fraud that would be prevented by voter IDs is extremely rare. There is evidence that voter ids turns voters away. https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...voter-id-laws/

But mookie is everywhere...so never mind.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

And they'd cost even more than the imported parts do now with the added tariffs. So instead of it costing them a billion, it'll cost them 2-5 billion. Maybe more.

You cut into profit enough, and they won't be able to pay the CEO his $200 million salary. And the CEO doesn't want that. No sir, that would be the worst thing that could happen to the company.
                              Last edited by rufus; 10-14-2018, 08:41 AM.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                                At least its good that you agree there is gerrymandering, districting and the electoral college...which makes it so that the people's preferences don't matter.

Registration - Everyone in these states who isn't already registered to vote will 'be turned away'. AL, AK, AZ, AR, FL, GA, HI, IN, KY, LA, MI, MS, MO, OH, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX - pretty much all states that have been run by the GOP.

Voter ID - Since the late 20th century, the Republican Party has led efforts to create more stringent voter ID laws. 12 states now require voters to show some form of photo identification with approximately 13 other states pursuing similar legislation. The laws were often introduced by the Republican members of ALEC (i.e., a shady special interest group) and signed by Republican governors. The Texas law recognized government-issued photo identification and weapons permits but not college IDs, resulting in criticism that the law was unfavorable to young voters, who trend liberal, while favorable to gun owners, who trend conservative. Wiki.

Research has shown that the type of voter fraud that would be prevented by voter IDs is extremely rare. There is evidence that voter ids turns voters away. https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...voter-id-laws/

But mookie is everywhere...so never mind.
                                mookie should be everywhere

should be national id cards too. homeland security should fund for domestic travel. can be coded for citizen, resident, visitor, etc. visitors (students) pay, citizen get free. resident aliens pay less than visitors.

besides security issues, they can (should) be used for voting id. no need to register. citizen...show your national id and vote. get a ink dunk on your thumb too

good idea there 5min. thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X