Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

Quote Originally Posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    What has he really done at Providence? He came into the program coming off a national championship team and has a bunch of "grinding" players with no elites under him. Both Foley and Pinho were before Borek came to the school. Who on their roster (freshmen and sophomores this past season) do you see playing at the next level? I am a Providence supporter but hated the Borek hire and wasn't happy with his recruits who haven't shown anything.
    He built on that run by kids who now cement them as top 4, replacing UNH. As mentioned, got late recruits Wilkins, Duhaime, Mirageas and Bjorkquist (and even Kawaguchi, before he was deferred)

Jay O'Brien, a second round pick this year, Jack Dugan, a top 3 USHL scorer, Mike Callahan a mid round pick defender,

For the future, Brett Berard, a US National kid, Maxwell Crozier.

Add in two top Ontario kids who would have been impact but went major junior, Cam Hills and Merrick Rippon.

So lots of positives in the pipeline, effectively taking from UNH the "non-Boston HE top 4 team."
    Mister blue sky please tell us why
    You had to hide away for so long (so long)
    Where did we go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by NCAA watcher View Post
    He built on that run by kids who now cement them as top 4, replacing UNH. As mentioned, got late recruits Wilkins, Duhaime, Mirageas and Bjorkquist (and even Kawaguchi, before he was deferred)

Jay O'Brien, a second round pick this year, Jack Dugan, a top 3 USHL scorer, Mike Callahan a mid round pick defender,

For the future, Brett Berard, a US National kid, Maxwell Crozier.

Add in two top Ontario kids who would have been impact but went major junior, Cam Hills and Merrick Rippon.

So lots of positives in the pipeline, effectively taking from UNH the "non-Boston HE top 4 team."
    Itís not as simple to Evaluate him at PC recruiting wise it was always a group effort with Leaman a prime mover. I think this coming winter would have been a real test, could his groundwork be converted to build on the 21 class grab impacts for 22 and even finish off 20 while on the fly figuring how to possibly replace 4-5 players who are likely to leave early.

Mirageas came on board during Miller era as did Kawaguchi. Borek was in the camp to go in another direction on him

Add Conway to rebuilt Incoming Ď17 group he played role. Bryson was early in Miller era. Barr had role

OíBrien groundwork pre Borek. Almost entirely Leaman and Mayotte
    Hakkarainen was mostly done pre Borek
    Dugan played at Northwood for Leaman college teammate
    Thompson was also groundwork pre Borek mostly Leaman and Mayotte
    Same with Callahan

Rippon and Hillis were more Mayotte, Rhodes who also went major junior was a Borek (mid Atlantic guy)

Had groundwork part of Ford, Gould, Ehrnberg, Johnson, Printz, OíNeill, Ryzcek, Conger, Baum, Zieky (recruited walk on) Koopmans, Mulera (if anyone jumps to Merrimack itís himóanother mid Atlantic guy), McDermot, Harding though some of that groundwork on most of these predates him and Leaman/Mayotte did quite a bit to close. Tyler Young was a group effort

Ones most responsible for are the ones for Ď21. Vallesse again Mid Atlantic, Berard, hard to know how much legacy, growing up at Schneider, being a RIer, David was with Leaman a year in 14, but David was also A player at PC during first Borek PC go round and his assistant at Colby and LSSU. Add Alami also

Quote Originally Posted by cavbim View Post
    Itís not as simple to Evaluate him at PC recruiting wise it was always a group effort with Leaman a prime mover. I think this coming winter would have been a real test, could his groundwork be converted to build on the 21 class grab impacts for 22 and even finish off 20 while on the fly figuring how to possibly replace 4-5 players who are likely to leave early.

Mirageas came on board during Miller era as did Kawaguchi. Borek was in the camp to go in another direction on him

Add Conway to rebuilt Incoming Ď17 group he played role. Bryson was early in Miller era. Barr had role

OíBrien groundwork pre Borek. Almost entirely Leaman and Mayotte
    Hakkarainen was mostly done pre Borek
    Dugan played at Northwood for Leaman college teammate
    Thompson was also groundwork pre Borek mostly Leaman and Mayotte
    Same with Callahan

Rippon and Hillis were more Mayotte, Rhodes who also went major junior was a Borek (mid Atlantic guy)

Had groundwork part of Ford, Gould, Ehrnberg, Johnson, Printz, OíNeill, Ryzcek, Conger, Baum, Zieky (recruited walk on) Koopmans, Mulera (if anyone jumps to Merrimack itís himóanother mid Atlantic guy), McDermot, Harding though some of that groundwork on most of these predates him and Leaman/Mayotte did quite a bit to close. Tyler Young was a group effort

Ones most responsible for are the ones for Ď21. Vallesse again Mid Atlantic, Berard, hard to know how much legacy, growing up at Schneider, being a RIer, David was with Leaman a year in 14, but David was also A player at PC during first Borek PC go round and his assistant at Colby and LSSU. Add Alami also
    Based on what you say here...one kid who is expected to be an impact player in Berard and we donít know how much the fatherís relationship to PC played into this. The other players are grinders that havenít shown elite skills!

If nothing else, the Borek hiring has really increased traffic on our threads!

http://www.themackreport.com/news/re...graduate-rule/

Bummer! I can't blame him though.

2016 Hockey East Overlords

Losing a grad transfer sucks enough as it is, but losing him to BU has to be a special kind of suck.

Now their top 4 scorers (using that term very loosely) are gone. Top returning scorer next year had a whopping 8 goals this year. '18 Recruits excite anyone? Kesselring is highly regarded, and Holmes might be solid. Anyone know about Gresock? August Von Ungern-Sternberg has a great name if nothing else (love his coaches quote, "...very good forechecking forward and one of our team's top PK players." In other words, he won't score any goals unless they deflect off his skate.
    But hey, at least the men's lacrosse team is crushing it!
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Maybe you guys can use being ultra PC as a recruiting platform https://www.boston.com/news/local-ne...joke-professor

Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevengeance View Post
    Losing a grad transfer sucks enough as it is, but losing him to BU has to be a special kind of suck.
    Iíd say itís an endorsement of Dennehyís staffís recruiting and development if one of the top programs in the nation is interested in him at this time.

By all accounts Luddy a great student-athlete as well. I donít know if he has a 4.0 like his brother - if so, he should have transferred to Harvard.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    Maybe you guys can use being ultra PC as a recruiting platform https://www.boston.com/news/local-ne...joke-professor
    There was plenty of un-pc stuff happening when I was there, and seems that way still based on Barstool Merrimack
    Last edited by Yuppie Scum; 05-08-2018 at 12:03 AM.

THEY CAN NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!

McMann posted more details http://www.themackreport.com/news/mo...sson-transfer/

How many teams is he going to talk to? I get a kick out of him wanting to be a top 2 center on a national contender. Kid, you're a good player and would be our top center here, but we ain't a national contender. You ain't got a snowball's chance in hell of being a top 2 center on any of the top teams in the country. Big head much?????

Stuff like this ****es me off. Not to sound like an old man (I'm not BTW) but he wants the easiest road. He wants to just go be a top 2 center on a contender? If I am MC I tell him to go leave. Even if he doesn't decide to transfer, tell him his spot is gone. With a new coach Mack is trying to build something now and we don't need someone like this in the locker room who doesn't want to be here. Grass isn't always greener. If I am Merrimack I force his hand, tell him to make his decision by the end of the week or his spot on our roster is gone to someone else. Plenty of recruits in the pipeline and you could take Larson's scholarship and give it to Borek to go bring in a kid now.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    Snowflakes!

Ciocco is officially on staff (changed his twitter bio). Also, know some people in minor hockey who say that there is a chance Dennehy hooks on in the pro ranks. Manchester, Worcester, Providence, a lot of local options for him if he decides to go that route.

Non-MC folks... earmuffs..

Hockey aside - can we recognize for a second what an amazing weekend it's been for MC athletics? Lax is onto the NCAA final four, Softball is in the NCAA east regional.. baseball is onto the NCAA east regional after winning the conference title. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by MC Alumni View Post
    Non-MC folks... earmuffs..

Hockey aside - can we recognize for a second what an amazing weekend it's been for MC athletics? Lax is onto the NCAA final four, Softball is in the NCAA east regional.. baseball is onto the NCAA east regional after winning the conference title. Amazing.
    the PJ Brown kid is amazing. Saw he pitched 145 pitches today or something? Bonkers!

Quote Originally Posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
    the PJ Brown kid is amazing. Saw he pitched 145 pitches today or something? Bonkers!
    145 pitches today, over 400 pitches total in the past 14 days!!! Absolutely insane! Plus 3 wins over nationally ranked teams - kid is a super hero..hopefully his arm doesn't fall off.
    Also, the team didn't play a single home game all year! And is 31-19... incredible job by that coaching staff.. amazing story.

145 pitches today, over 400 pitches total in the past 14 days!!! Absolutely insane! Plus 3 wins over nationally ranked teams - kid is a super hero..hopefully his arm doesn't fall off.
    Also, the team didn't play a single home game all year! And is 31-19... incredible job by that coaching staff.. amazing story.
    you don't think they cut baseball do you? I was really nervous about that when I read a story about how they eliminated plans for a park on campus. I think I read someone (Mack Report??? can't remember) that that was not the case, but I am still nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
    you don't think they cut baseball do you? I was really nervous about that when I read a story about how they eliminated plans for a park on campus. I think I read someone (Mack Report??? can't remember) that that was not the case, but I am still nervous.
    Apparently Gibson has personally told the players and alumni that the program won't be cut.. but who knows what's going on in Hopeys head.. it seems like he's making the decisions behind the scenes anyway.
    But it would be a sad sight to see.. the baseball program over the last 5 years or so has been great to follow. What the athletic department did to that program this year is a travesty.. and for the team to accomplish what they have.. good on them.
    From what I understand the baseball alumni association is pretty strong - backed by some powerful alums.. so I hope they can fight off those rumors. That program is a wonderful representation of the school and is popular around campus..it'd be a huge mistake to cut it.

Apparently Gibson has personally told the players and alumni that the program won't be cut.. but who knows what's going on in Hopeys head.. it seems like he's making the decisions behind the scenes anyway.
    But it would be a sad sight to see.. the baseball program over the last 5 years or so has been great to follow. What the athletic department did to that program this year is a travesty.. and for the team to accomplish what they have.. good on them.
    From what I understand the baseball alumni association is pretty strong - backed by some powerful alums.. so I hope they can fight off those rumors. That program is a wonderful representation of the school and is popular around campus..it'd be a huge mistake to cut it.
    Bummed they lost today but still alive (double elimination). Glad to hear the same that it is sticking around as a program too.

Does anyone know what the hockey staff looks like? I know that Ciocco was reported but the school never made it official.

Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

Any chance Dennehy gets a look at BU? I know he is a BC alum and his win loss record hasnít been great, but I think thereís a compelling argument for him to take on a larger program.

Big menís lax game tonight. Iím making some tentative plans to go to Gillette next weekend for the national championship game if they get thru this round.

Thread Information