Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

Hello Warrior Fans,

A few days ago, I picked up a few Merrimack jerseys, including one from the late 1990s early 2000s. It is a bit of a mystery to me as the name is removed. It looks like the photo below but it is a #27 Nike jersey and has the standard Hockey East patch. The other strange part is that it was signed not once, not twice but three times by the same mystery person on the inside of the jersey. Looks like they were practicing to sign something more important. Anyone have a guess who this might be? Anyone know what years this style of Nike jersey was worn? Any help would be appreciated.

Do I have a guess? Well that looks like an R and an F and a T together, so that's a nope.
    (If you watch SNL, you know what I'm talking about...)

Unrelated, I made my first trip to Merrimack last weekend and watched you guys put a whoopin' on BU. Nice work!

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Well that was an unproductive weekend. Smoked at Amherst, then can't close it out in North Andover. Having said that, this is not your father's (or older brother's) UMass. Makar is outstanding, and Leonard was an excellent local get for the Minutmen. I could see them making some noise in Hockey East this year.
      Last edited by RENCEB; 10-29-2018, 09:29 AM.
      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
        Well that was an unproductive weekend. Smoked at Amherst, then can't close it out in North Andover. Having said that, this is not your father's (or older brother's) UMass. Makar is outstanding, and Leonard was an excellent local get for the Minutmen. I could see them making some noise in Hockey East this year.
        my expectations are low. Borek was stuck with Dennehy's leftovers so give him 3 years to get some scoring in here.
        Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Hockey East suspends Tavernier one game.

Comment

Pantano with 31 saves, another terrific effort. Too many penalties. Wow, BC is STRUGGLING, 0-5 with only 5 goals in 6 games. Let's hope they don't find their offense until the weekend is over.

Comment

Wow, what is going on on Comm Ave?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                Hello Warrior Fans,
                A few days ago, I picked up a few Merrimack jerseys, including one from the late 1990s early 2000s. It is a bit of a mystery to me as the name is removed (photos below). The other strange part is that it was signed not once, not twice but three times by the same mystery person on the inside of the jersey. Looks like they were practicing to sign something more important. Anyone have a guess who this might be? Anyone know what years this style of Nike jersey was worn? Any help would be appreciated.

Do I have a guess? Well that looks like an R and an F and a T all together, so that's a nope.
                (If you watch SNL, you know what I'm talking about...)

Unrelated, I made my first trip to Merrimack last weekend and watched you guys put a whoopin' on BU. Nice work!

UPDATED 11/5/18 with photos. Anyone have any guesses?
                Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 11-05-2018, 07:25 AM.
                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                  UPDATED 11/5/18 with photos. Anyone have any guesses?
                  I actually thought the first name was Robert? but I can't think of any robert on the team around that time. The last name doesn't line up either.
                  Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Anyone subscribed to McMahons VIP podcast? Saw that he may have discussed gym renovations..would love to see what he said if anyone has any insight.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Alumni View Post
                      Anyone subscribed to McMahons VIP podcast? Saw that he may have discussed gym renovations..would love to see what he said if anyone has any insight.
                      basically he said there are probably going to do it but he believes they are building a fieldhouse first and that the football team needs to move their locker room to the field house. Apparently the football team has locker rooms in the gym, which I think weird but once they move out then they will have the space to renovate the gym
                      Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

• Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
                        basically he said there are probably going to do it but he believes they are building a fieldhouse first and that the football team needs to move their locker room to the field house. Apparently the football team has locker rooms in the gym, which I think weird but once they move out then they will have the space to renovate the gym
                        I completely forgot that football has their locker room in the basketball gym. It actually makes no sense..they literally have to walk across the basketball court in order to get outside to the football field, haha. You’d think that would be the basketball locker room, but those are closer to the hockey rink.. strange design. A field house really is necessary, but the current basketball gym is a bit of an embarrassment for D1 competition in my opinion. Really makes you think how big of an adjustment it will be for the school to move up- so many renovations/building projects to be done.

Side note - the away locker room at Lawler is hilarious. Absolutely no effort at all to give the away team any amenities.. good bit of gamesmanship. Reminds me of how Camden Yards used to have a cobblestone path leading from the bullpen to the field.. home field advantage indeed.

Comment

Well this is embarrassing....allowing 7 goals on 20 shots so far, a scintillating 0.65 save percentage. Just wow. Is the Hallady kid ever even going to dress? Can't possibly be worse than this, can he?

Comment

Well this is embarrassing....allowing 7 goals on 20 shots so far, a scintillating 0.65 save percentage. Just wow. Is the Hallady kid ever even going to dress? Can't possibly be worse than this, can he?
                            Yeah, I know Vogler has played some good games in the past, but this year he must have pictures of Borek or something.

I imagine the thinking is to keep Pantano from taking too much abuse before the conference schedule really picks up? But he most certainly is playing like an ace this year.

Comment

And I thought THAT game was embarrassing. Tonight, give up a goal 13 seconds in and get outshot 15-1 in your own building in the 1st period? Maybe, just maybe they weren't, um, ready to play? Wow. Sure, I understand that the cupboard was left bare, but c'mon.

Comment

Well, the women’s team is doing pretty well

Comment

Working...
                                X