Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
    Going to drive up to the game on Sunday to take in Lawler and Lake St. for the first time, how is parking around the arena?
    Honestly, I’d probably park close to the entrance of the college and do the 10 minute walk to the arena. Otherwise, if you park right next to the arena or in the larger lot by the Student center you can easily get stuck in a lot of traffic on the way out if the attendance numbers are high. Plus it gives you a chance to walk through some new parts of campus.

Comment

• Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

Predictions for the weekend? Not knowing much about LSSU, I'll go with 1-0-1 Merrimack.

Things really would have to break MC's way to finish out of the cellar this year. We should as always have strong goaltending with 3 starter candidates. Will have to see how defense and offense change under Borek's system. We do have a few promising freshmen: Seifert, Gresock, Drevitch, August Von Ung[...]
      Last edited by Yuppie Scum; 10-05-2018, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Nice season preview here: https://merrimackathletics.com/news/...n-preview.aspx

Comment

Who's making the trek down to Waltham to see Bentley's new digs?
          Bentley University Hockey
          On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
            Would have loved to as it's a couple miles from my house, unfortunately out of town that week.

Comment

• Originally posted by schiegs View Post
              I am going and excited to check out the new facilities
              Rinks Visited
              DCU Center
              Tulley Forum
              TD Garden
              Tsongas Arena
              J. Thom Lawler Arena
              Conte Forum
              Whittemore Center
              Agganis Arena
              Verizon Center
              Gutterson Fieldhouse
              Matthews Arena
              Thompson Arena
              Mullins Center
              Alfond Arena
              Schneider Arena
              Magness Arena
              Ingallas Arena
              Hart Center
              Prudential Center
              TD Bank Sports Center
              John A Ryan
              Lynah Rink
              Appleton Arena
              Cheel Arena
              Germain Arena
              XL Center
              Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

Anybody know if there are any closures of restaurants etc in Andover or North Andover due to the gas problem? I know Lawrence is still hit hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                  Things really would have to break MC's way to finish out of the cellar this year. We should as always have strong goaltending with 3 starter candidates. [...]
                  Sorry, but things will have to break MC's way for them not to be one of the bottom feeders in all of college hockey.

And 3 starter candidates in goal? Really? Where? There is 1 (Pantano).

Look, I realize the cupboard is pretty bare. Dennehy's last couple of recruiting classes were abysmal. You want to start the season off on a good note? Don't start your 4th string goalie in the 1st game!! (yes, I know they only have 3 goalies on the roster). Vogler was 1-7-2 last year, with a less than 88% save percentage, and starts the season? Give up 5 goals on 19 shots? NO chance you can win with that!

#frustratedonegamein
                  Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

Offense was non-existent til well into the third period today too. It’s gonna be a long year.

MMQB here but I feel like if I had explicitly stated that I was going to try a few guys in net on opening weekend, I would have started Pantano on opening night. He had a great year last year and deserved a chance to roll with it. Maybe he could have been the difference that got us ONE win this weekend vs zero.
                    Last edited by Yuppie Scum; 10-07-2018, 10:40 PM.

Comment

It looks like it might be a long winter in North Andover. It is only two games in, but i didn’t see much of a change in style this weekend. Although they did not win the effort was still there.I told myself that I would be on here more often and that I would not say anything negative about players, so I will say that I like the new home jerseys and am happy that they now beer.
                      Rinks Visited
                      DCU Center
                      Tulley Forum
                      TD Garden
                      Tsongas Arena
                      J. Thom Lawler Arena
                      Conte Forum
                      Whittemore Center
                      Agganis Arena
                      Verizon Center
                      Gutterson Fieldhouse
                      Matthews Arena
                      Thompson Arena
                      Mullins Center
                      Alfond Arena
                      Schneider Arena
                      Magness Arena
                      Ingallas Arena
                      Hart Center
                      Prudential Center
                      TD Bank Sports Center
                      John A Ryan
                      Lynah Rink
                      Appleton Arena
                      Cheel Arena
                      Germain Arena
                      XL Center
                      Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

Last weekend I had the privilege of going to two outstanding places. The Bentley Arena is a great rink. Perfect size and the crowd was good. The other great thing was the goaltending in that game. I thought Bentley had the better opportunities but Merrimack was able to capitalize.

Army’s Tate Rink wasn’t as nice, but what a campus. Right along the Hudson the school is a thing of beauty. What wasn’t beautiful was the play for the second half of the first period and the second period. However I did like the play in the third.

Right now the two issues I see are playing a full game and getting the puck out of the zone. The first three to four shifts seem fine, but the team then goes into a lull. Also I can’t count the amount of pucks that are 5 to 10 feet away from the blue line that are not getting out. Do that against Hockey East teams and you are toast.
                        Rinks Visited
                        DCU Center
                        Tulley Forum
                        TD Garden
                        Tsongas Arena
                        J. Thom Lawler Arena
                        Conte Forum
                        Whittemore Center
                        Agganis Arena
                        Verizon Center
                        Gutterson Fieldhouse
                        Matthews Arena
                        Thompson Arena
                        Mullins Center
                        Alfond Arena
                        Schneider Arena
                        Magness Arena
                        Ingallas Arena
                        Hart Center
                        Prudential Center
                        TD Bank Sports Center
                        John A Ryan
                        Lynah Rink
                        Appleton Arena
                        Cheel Arena
                        Germain Arena
                        XL Center
                        Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

Well that was a pleasant surprise!

Some interesting comments from older players saying it was the most complete game they’d had in their entire careers. Also talked about how they’d “go to war” for that locker room - Interesting dynamic considering all of the new players and HC.

Homecoming next Saturday, should be a sold out crowd coming into a game with lots of momentum.. should be fun!

Comment

Wow, I picked a hell of a game to miss. It sounds like BU is really struggling in general right now, but let's not take anything away from MC. Great win, maybe we wrote the obituary for this squad a little early.

Comment

Well THAT was a pleasant surprise. Second goal was outstanding. Beautiful passing and going hard to the net. 2nd shutout for Pantano, and another game giving up one goal. Keep it up.
                              Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Recruit Kevin Wall de-commits. He's currently 3rd in the BCHL in scoring.

http://www.themackreport.com/news/wa...rom-merrimack/

Comment

Working...
                                X