Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

Is the rumor true that one of Finland's top goalies (age 18) Jere Huhtamaa is thinking about attending Merrimack?

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
      Is the rumor true that one of Finland's top goalies (age 18) Jere Huhtamaa is thinking about attending Merrimack?
      It appears he has committed to Merrimack.

http://www.themackreport.com/news/fi...-to-merrimack/

Comment

We need offense

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          Mark Dennehy named Wheeling Nailers HC...
          That didn't last long---he's moving on up.... Dennehy named Binghamton Devils HC.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            That didn't last long---he's moving on up.... Dennehy named Binghamton Devils HC.
            Bailing on a team because a better offer came along? Stay classy..........
            Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
              Bailing on a team because a better offer came along? Stay classy..........
              If a different company offered to give you a large promotion and double your salary would you stay at your current employer?

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                If a different company offered to give you a large promotion and double your salary would you stay at your current employer?
                Don't publicly sh*t on kids who decommit to take a better offer at a better school and then turn around and do it yourself. Just calling it like it is but Dennehy was one of the most outspoken coaches about that stuff. I guess it is ok to leave one offer and take another when the shoe is on the other foot.

We have had so many recruits commit in the last 3 months. Never saw a run like this before. Jeff Cox has done interviews with I think two of the recent recruits (if you have a subscription to new england hockey magazine you can read it) and both of the players said they committed because of the coaches. Check a box for Scotty Bo.
                Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

If he was leaving Merrimack to go to the AHL, then your point would have more merit. The team he left didn't have commits. Players weren't making a decision to go there like they make the decision to commit to a school. It's a business at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    If he was leaving Merrimack to go to the AHL, then your point would have more merit. The team he left didn't have commits. Players weren't making a decision to go there like they make the decision to commit to a school. It's a business at this point.
                    How would that make it more valid? He "made a commitment" to the Wheeling Nailers and then bailed before ever coaching a game because a better job came along in the AHL. Sounds exactly like a kid committing to a school and then bailing before ever playing a game because a better offer came along. I don't have a problem with it and I would do the same thing. I work for a bank, and if another bank came to me tomorrow and offered me more money and a higher profile job I would take it, but I find it comical that he was always saying decommitting was a problem and people needed to live up to their word, and then he goes and does exactly what a kid who decommits does, leaving for a better spot somewhere else. Hypocritical a little bit.
                    Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

• Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
                      Don't publicly sh*t on kids who decommit to take a better offer at a better school and then turn around and do it yourself. Just calling it like it is but Dennehy was one of the most outspoken coaches about that stuff. I guess it is ok to leave one offer and take another when the shoe is on the other foot.
                      Do you have an example of him publicly shttng on a kid who decommitted? I didn't see him do it, but if he did it may cause me to begin to agree with you.

Comment

• Re: Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                        Do you have an example of him publicly shttng on a kid who decommitted? I didn't see him do it, but if he did it may cause me to begin to agree with you.
                        http://www.themackreport.com/news/wa...imack-college/

I remember that one off the top of my head. He used to do a podcast show with Mike McMahon every week and McMahon used to get off topic a lot and ask him about recruiting stuff all the time (like Merrimack fans cared about that stuff???) and he would always say things like "decommit isn't a word" and talk about how kids needed to live up to their word. To be fair he would crap on other schools for doing it to players as well. But he always struck me as one of the guys in college hockey who would fight for committing to mean something and then this happens. Like I said I don't blame him, and I would do it too, but found it funny
                        Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Yeah, I definitely remember hearing him go off on a few kids for de-committing in the podcast interviews. I looked to see if it was Austin Plevy, I couldn't find anything on the record beyond the facts as they happened. I think he had to stay mum on that one because that was the one where the NLI was "never filed."

As for this situation, it really doesn't impact my life at all and I don't think anybody's shedding a tear in Wheeling, so I'm not going to hold a grudge. Also, it's a vertical move. I think "the unwritten rules" allow that without causing shame and dishonor.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                            Yeah, I definitely remember hearing him go off on a few kids for de-committing in the podcast interviews. I looked to see if it was Austin Plevy, I couldn't find anything on the record beyond the facts as they happened. I think he had to stay mum on that one because that was the one where the NLI was "never filed."

As for this situation, it really doesn't impact my life at all and I don't think anybody's shedding a tear in Wheeling, so I'm not going to hold a grudge. Also, it's a vertical move. I think "the unwritten rules" allow that without causing shame and dishonor.
                            Well I would argue it is a vertical move when a kid de-commits from Merrimack and goes to North Dakota (even though it didn't work out for the kid we're talking about, but at the time)
                            Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

A buddy who I think would know sent me a text to say Mack is selling beer next year at all games and everyone in the arena? Anyone else hear that?
                              Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

• Merrimack 2018-19: It's Time For The Scotty Bo Show

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
                                A buddy who I think would know sent me a text to say Mack is selling beer next year at all games and everyone in the arena? Anyone else hear that?
                                About time! Most of the rest of HEA is doing it. It will certainly attract more students and young alumni and make the atmosphere livelier. And it will be more revenue for the program I hope (unless it goes into pockets of the Islanders guy)

Comment

Working...
                                X