Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NonConference games matter more than conference ones..RPI needs changes

Originally posted by freedomfighter View Post
    Look back carefully. BC was in a 3 way tie for 1st...check the points. #4 and #5 went.
    They were in a 3 way tie for 1st .. check pts. # 4 and #5 went
    At first I thought I was in a time loop, but you really are just repeating yourself.

Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
    BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
      Now you’re just being an *****hole.
      Could not find my posting to you. Sorry.

Comment

The format of posting of Fan form is hard to get used to. Not like Facebook. I reply and go back and do not see my answer. Then it later appears in an answer to the person who is “yellowed” with my reply below. Hence “many postings “ of same conversations with one person. Just a confusing system for me. Never saw anything like it before. SORRY FOR REPEATS!

Comment

SORRY FOR REPEATS!
          Simple solution: just stop posting. Please stop posting.
          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
            Simple solution: just stop posting. Please stop posting.
            Just don’t answer.

Comment

Just don’t answer.
              Can you please share with us which 16 teams should have actually made the tournament this year and last year, thanks in advance.

Comment

The format of posting of Fan form is hard to get used to. Not like Facebook. I reply and go back and do not see my answer. Then it later appears in an answer to the person who is “yellowed” with my reply below. Hence “many postings “ of same conversations with one person. Just a confusing system for me. Never saw anything like it before. SORRY FOR REPEATS!
                Regardless of you getting confused, every time you post that BC should have made the NCAA tournament the past two seasons there are a dozen or more replies that clearly state why they didn't make the tournament, which you either don't read, don't understand, or don't like the answer, because you just post the same complaint again and again. If you truly believe the regular season champions deserves an automatic bid you need to either:

1. Contact Hockey East and get the league to award their automatic bid to the regular season champion and not the tournament champion; or
                2. Contact the NCAA and get them to change how autobids are awarded, so regular season champions get one if they don't win their league tournament.

I wish you well in your efforts.

Sean
                Last edited by Sean Pickett; 04-13-2018, 03:49 PM.

BU Hockey Games
                NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Honestly: it’s fine.

Yeah, we can quibble over RPI vs KRACH vs whatever, but the system does what it needs to do: make it about wins and losses.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                    Can you please share with us which 16 teams should have actually made the tournament this year and last year, thanks in advance.
                    Last year, the BU super duper team should have gotten two bids.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Jerk.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                      NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

• Re: NonConference games matter more than conference ones..RPI needs changes

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Well if we are giving BC 2 bids they don't deserve, then giving BU at least one they didn't earn as well makes sense.

Comment

Thanks but helps my point that OOC counts more. But Thanx.
                          OK... throw out OOC. How do you want to rank conference strength? All conferences are equal?
                          So... 1st and 2nd place from each conference make the NCAA's, plus 4 at large bids? (can't have the top 3 teams from each, there are 6 conferences and that would be 18 teams).

Hockey East this season went 0-10-1 vs tBig, 7-14-1 vs NCHC, and 0-3-1 vs WCHA.
                          BC performed well against mediocre HE teams and flopped against the stronger OOC teams, and they're deserving? Not in my book.

Your tournament would suck IMO... lots of deserving teams sit home and lots of undeserving teams play for a watered down NC.
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

It seems that an argument that conference standings are the most important consideration rings a little hollow in a season in which Duluth, who finished barely above .500 and a distant 3rd place in its conference, was good enough to win the National Title.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

This is probably degenerated into hazing the new guy, but heavens to Roboshark... Not even the BC fans think they should have made the NCAA tournament.

Maybe he used to work for the Lowell Sun and he has a bone to pick with those dang new-fangeled computers?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                              -Blackadder
                              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                              -Casablanca
                              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Ah Jesus Christ this thread is still going? Doesn't look like any progress was made but I applaud the winning advice given out by Uncle Ray.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X