Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMD Bulldogs National Champions!

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    One thing that I hadn't seen discussed is that Minnesota Duluth set a record for losses for a National Champion with 16. The previous high was 14 ('81 Wisconsin and '76 Minnesota) and three squads have won it all with 13 losses ('15 Providence, '07 Michigan State, and '66 Michigan State). The Bulldogs' .602 winning percentage was also the second-lowest in NCAA history, only ahead of the 1965-1966 Michigan State Squad's .552 winning percentage.

Talk about getting hot at the right time...just like those other B1G schools listed here.
    Wow that's crazy. UMD got hot throughout the second half.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Congratulations to the Bulldogs. Can't wait to see them when they come to the Mac next year!

Comment

Yes, congats! Well played game, good defense right to the final face off.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          I certainly was more impressed with UMD at Alfond than you were. 2 highlites of the season, meeting me and UMD winning it all Enjoy, Wish I could come out to UMD next season.
          SCSU fans said the same exact thing the next weekend. This was a rebuilding season and never did I think a title was possible until Saturday night.
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Nice run 'Dogs!

UMD played nearly perfect hockey throughout the tournament. (Some "re-build" you guys have had there. )

Best of all, Duluth downed another Jeff Jackson goon squad.

While I completely respect Jackson's body of work, I despise the style he's coached since he was at Lake State forever ago...

The good guys won this time around, and I expect to continue to see their more modern approach prevail going forward. Duluth made my little hockey-party very festive last night.

Brats all around!

Comment

Congratulations to the Bulldogs, quite the rebuild from last years Froz4 team of 7 seniors and 3 early exits to the pros. Sandelin also has another talented group coming in. You kept the NCHC on the map. That 0.0001 MN heart shot (with the Natty on top) is going to hurt for a long long time.

Comment

Congratulations to UMD. Sandelin knows how to coach an NCAA team. He's made 8 NCAA tournaments and UMD has won at least 1 game in all 8. Big time winning when the spotlight is brightest. I wonder how many other coaches have as many appearances in the NCAAs having always won at least one game?

Comment

Congratulations to Minnesota Duluth. In this decade, Duluth has more NCAA Tournament wins (14), Frozen Four wins (5), and National Championship Game Appearances (3) than any program in college hockey. They also evened up BC in national titles in the decade. Pretty **** impressive.

Some on here might say you don't "belong" with the elites of college hockey, but the numbers say otherwise. Once again, congrats on a great season.
                  I stole this stat and posted it on Twitter and now it's my most popular tweet by likes and retweets. So thanks!
                  tUMD Hockey

Comment

Some on here might say you don't "belong" with the elites of college hockey, but the numbers say otherwise. Once again, congrats on a great season.
                    Only a moron would say UMD does not belong with the elites of college hockey, that's for sure. There aren't more than 3 or 4 programs that would trade their last 18 years for UMDs are there?

Comment

Ok, fine.

Well done.

Comment

Congrats to Coach Sandelin and team. Future looks very bright with this guy at the helm

Comment

Congrats to UMD!
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                            I stole this stat and posted it on Twitter and now it's my most popular tweet by likes and retweets. So thanks!
                            Hah, you're welcome. I just hope you gave me credit.
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Hah, you're welcome. I just hope you gave me credit.
                              That I did.
                              tUMD Hockey

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X