Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMD Bulldogs National Champions!

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    UMD is now a tier 1 hockey program in the country, joining BC, BU, DU, UM, UMN, UND, and uw. Congrats.

Notre Dame is trying to be the next in that group.
    How the heck is Wisconsin in there

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Congratulations to the team and it's fans!!! Well done UMD!!!

Comment

Big Congrats to Dultooth

Comment

Congrats UMD!!! So great they beat the Big Ten teams this year.

For the record I am a fan of Bulldog and Gopher hockey. Attended UMD for two years, family has a deep UM tradition.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            How the heck is Wisconsin in there

6 natties...................Congrats to the Bulldogs! Sorry Irish

Comment

Doesn't UMD have 2, why isn't Maine in there then Congrats to UMD, how to get hot at the right time of year. I wonder if Biddie is sober yet? Looks like Maine gets to play Natl Champs next year. Good stuff

Comment

Congrats UMD fans!

Comment

.0001 > .02 Sincerely, a gopher fan. Congratulations.
                  You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Doesn't UMD have 2, why isn't Maine in there then Congrats to UMD, how to get hot at the right time of year. I wonder if Biddie is sober yet? Looks like Maine gets to play Natl Champs next year. Good stuff

I am sober but hungover!
                    Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                    Congrats! Bulldogs. I hope Biddy doesn't die from alcohol poisoning.
                    I survived!
                    Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                    Biddy made it on the screen in the celebration...not unusual.
                    That's fantastic.

Never in a million years did I think this would happen...
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                      I am sober but hungover!

I survived!

That's fantastic.

Never in a million years did I think this would happen...
                      I certainly was more impressed with UMD at Alfond than you were. 2 highlites of the season, meeting me and UMD winning it all Enjoy, Wish I could come out to UMD next season.

Comment

Congratulations to the dogs and their fans!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                        Twenty red lights in his honor
                        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Congratulations UMD from a UMASS Hockey East fan. Just a great job from top to bottom. We got out to the Amsoil this past October and had a wonderful time and met some great fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                            Duluth is like bizarro St. Cloud. Very jealous. Mind boggling stat. Sandelin win % all time is 51.9%. In the NCAA tournament it is 71.9%> Ridiculous
                            One thing that I hadn't seen discussed is that Minnesota Duluth set a record for losses for a National Champion with 16. The previous high was 14 ('81 Wisconsin and '76 Minnesota) and three squads have won it all with 13 losses ('15 Providence, '07 Michigan State, and '66 Michigan State). The Bulldogs' .602 winning percentage was also the second-lowest in NCAA history, only ahead of the 1965-1966 Michigan State Squad's .552 winning percentage.

Talk about getting hot at the right time...just like those other B1G schools listed here.
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                              One thing that I hadn't seen discussed is that Minnesota Duluth set a record for losses for a National Champion with 16. The previous high was 14 ('81 Wisconsin and '76 Minnesota) and three squads have won it all with 13 losses ('15 Providence, '07 Michigan State, and '66 Michigan State). The Bulldogs' .602 winning percentage was also the second-lowest in NCAA history, only ahead of the 1965-1966 Michigan State Squad's .552 winning percentage.

Talk about getting hot at the right time...just like those other B1G schools listed here.
                              I haven't looked, but with 16 losses, how does that compare with total games played? I suppose win % would be the telling stat here......

Edit: didn't read whole post, my bad.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                I haven't looked, but with 16 losses, how does that compare with total games played? I suppose win % would be the telling stat here......
                                Correct. For example, while the 1965-1966 Spartans lost 13 games, they only won 16 (and were sub .500 in the WCHA that season). They got hot at the right time, knocked off Michigan and Michigan Tech in the WCHA Tournament to be co-champions and earn one of the WCHA's two bids into the Frozen Four (at the expense of Michigan Tech). Michigan State would go on to knock off BU and Clarkson to capture their first national championship.

On a side note, that same year, Denver knocked off North Dakota in the other "Co-Championship" game in OT to get the WCHA's other bid to the Frozen Four. Despite being the higher seed, North Dakota had to travel to Denver for the "Co-Championship" game.
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X