Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 85

Thread: The National >>>>> B1G

  1. #1
    Falling on fans at NHC since 2001
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    3,171

    The National >>>>> B1G

    Three in a row.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,864

    Re: The National >>>>> B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    Three in a row.
    3 out of 4 national titles since the formation of the NCHC... pretty good but still some work to do.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Back down in Uptown
    Posts
    12,072

    Re: The National >>>>> B1G

    2 National champions and a runner up in the last 3 years for state of Minnesota teams! Yeah!
    Go Gophers!

  4. #4
    Kings affiliate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    St. Cloud, MN
    Posts
    11,024
    Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    2 National champions and a runner up in the last 3 years for state of Minnesota teams! Yeah!
    2?

  5. #5
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    112,662

    Re: The National >>>>> B1G

    Top to bottom the B1G is better. Doesn't mean they have the best overall team. There is a difference.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  6. #6
    Falling on fans at NHC since 2001
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    3,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Top to bottom the B1G is better. Doesn't mean they have the best overall team. There is a difference.
    Head to Head NCHC was better than the B1G this year. Before the two biggest games of the year

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,864

    Re: The National >>>>> B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    Head to Head NCHC was better than the B1G this year. Before the two biggest games of the year
    And the year before that, and the year before that, etc.

  8. #8

    Re: The National >>>>> B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    Head to Head NCHC was better than the B1G this year. Before the two biggest games of the year
    Out of curiosity, what was the head-to-head between the NCHC and the B1G?
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    7,161

    Re: The National >>>>> B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    2 National champions and a runner up in the last 3 years for state of Minnesota teams! Yeah!
    Quote Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    2?
    You know. It's like those 7 titles.

  10. #10
    Falling on fans at NHC since 2001
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    3,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Out of curiosity, what was the head-to-head between the NCHC and the B1G?
    10-5-2

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    711

    Re: The National >>>>> B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Out of curiosity, what was the head-to-head between the NCHC and the B1G?
    And head tp head count for what come March?

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    711

    Re: The National >>>>> B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by willythekid View Post
    And the year before that, and the year before that, etc.
    And ten years ago, and next year?

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Vail, CO
    Posts
    36

    Re: The National >>>>> B1G

    National CHampions Conference!!!!

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,524
    Quote Originally Posted by samboni View Post
    National CHampions Conference!!!!
    National Champions Hockey Conference maybe?! I know that was too hard to figure out.

  15. #15

    Re: The National >>>>> B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    10-5-2
    Yikes. Pretty dominant.

    That being said, the B1G did get more teams in the NCAA Tournament (4-3) and Frozen Four (3-1) and had a pretty good run in the NCAA Tournament, going a collective 7-4. However, the NCHC went 5-2...including going 3-1 against the B1G, and claimed the national title.

    Decent arguments could be made both ways as for who was "better" this season, but I think the two conferences are pretty close to each other in terms of strength. Given that, the B1G certainly closed the gap that had existed the past 2-3 seasons, and the "West" definitely has the edge in hockey at the moment. Now we just have to wait until next season to see where it goes.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

  16. #16
    Falling on fans at NHC since 2001
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    3,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Yikes. Pretty dominant.

    That being said, the B1G did get more teams in the NCAA Tournament (4-3) and Frozen Four (3-1) and had a pretty good run in the NCAA Tournament, going a collective 7-4. However, the NCHC went 5-2...including going 3-1 against the B1G, and claimed the national title.

    Decent arguments could be made both ways as for who was "better" this season, but I think the two conferences are pretty close to each other in terms of strength. Given that, the B1G certainly closed the gap that had existed the past 2-3 seasons, and the "West" definitely has the edge in hockey at the moment. Now we just have to wait until next season to see where it goes.
    This isn't the time to be magnanimous. This is the time to rub their noses in it. Especially Speed Kills, Fred, and Dubbs

  17. #17
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    112,662

    Re: The National >>>>> B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    This isn't the time to be magnanimous. This is the time to rub their noses in it. Especially Speed Kills, Fred, and Dubbs
    Agree with ridiculing those posters. But many of us don't claim them as part of our fanbases, so at least be fair about it.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,864

    Re: The National >>>>> B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
    And ten years ago, and next year?
    Ten years ago the NCHC and the big10 didn't exist in college hockey... Who knows about next year... A smart betting man would put money on the NCHC being the better of the two conferences. Again.

  19. #19
    Falling on fans at NHC since 2001
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    3,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Agree with ridiculing those posters. But many of us don't claim them as part of our fanbases, so at least be fair about it.
    Almost all Gopher fans acknowledge their team has stunk. Before they stole our coach I barely hated them anymore.

  20. #20
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    112,662

    Re: The National >>>>> B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    Almost all Gopher fans acknowledge their team has stunk. Before they stole our coach I barely hated them anymore.
    Side note: Got some stink eye today, as I thanked all SCSU fans for their coach. It was good natured, and they took it that way, but still satisfying.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •