Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 70

Thread: Tragedy for the Humboldt Broncos

  1. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,452

    Re: Tragedy for the Humboldt Broncos

    I watched leader of SJHL in tears. Best thing in my opinion is the other three teams skate to center ice at Broncos ice and take sweaters off at center ice and concede championship. That would be such an outstanding statement from fellow players and competitors. I want to make emoji heart. I wish nhl and players can follow and bring respect to their center ice.

  2. #42
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44,800

    Re: Tragedy for the Humboldt Broncos

    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  3. #43
    All Hail
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,315

    Re: Tragedy for the Humboldt Broncos

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    From what I've seen, the truck likely pulled out in front of the bus. That explains the cab being intact, the truck and its contents on its side, and the significant damage to the bus.
    The evidence so far would indicate that to be so. The question that will have to be answered by the accident investigation is whether 1) the truck ran the flashing red stop light at that intersection or 2)The truck stopped at the intersection but had started across as the bus approached. Remember, this is a semi that was pulling at least one and possibly two trailers, so it wouldn't have been moving very fast after initially starting across that intersection from a standing stop. The answers will come in due course.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

  4. #44

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Living from my car
    Posts
    21,674
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    From what I've seen, the truck likely pulled out in front of the bus. That explains the cab being intact, the truck and its contents on its side, and the significant damage to the bus.
    My uneducated guess is along the same lines as you. Google Earth also shows that there is a substantial tree line on the SE-Corner. Truck driver may have looked quick at the stop sign, misjudged the bus (or didn't see it), hammered down to get across the intersection and *BAM*. The debris field and final location of the two vehicles leads me to believe that the bus t-boned the trailer.

  5. #45
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    10,850

    Re: Tragedy for the Humboldt Broncos

    Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    The debris field and final location of the two vehicles leads me to believe that the bus t-boned the trailer.
    My thoughts as well.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four

  6. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, MA
    Posts
    3,676

    Re: Tragedy for the Humboldt Broncos

    Thursday night at their first playoff game, the Boston Bruins will be holding a 50/50 raffle with all proceeds going to the Humboldt Broncos. Obviously "most" people reading this would not be able to attend; however, the Bruins have also started a website which can be viewed
    here.

  7. #47
    RIP WaP Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    190,994

    Re: Tragedy for the Humboldt Broncos

    Surpassed $8M and 100K contributors.

  8. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,723
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

  9. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    3,447

    Re: Tragedy for the Humboldt Broncos

    Unbelievable tweet from a liberal
    http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=58240

  10. #50
    All Hail
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,315

    Re: Tragedy for the Humboldt Broncos

    Quote Originally Posted by icehawk View Post
    Unbelievable tweet from a liberal
    http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=58240
    Just when you think you've seen/heard/read it all... Possibly the most vile, irrational screed I've ever had the misfortune of encountering.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

  11. #51
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44,800

    Re: Tragedy for the Humboldt Broncos

    Wouldn't be a bad idea to put a stick or two out in memoriam. I'm tearing up just wondering if the now deceased kids would also like to borrow a pair of skates...
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  12. #52
    Blue & Gold Until I'm Dead & Cold
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    2,014

    Re: Tragedy for the Humboldt Broncos

    Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    Thursday night at their first playoff game, the Boston Bruins will be holding a 50/50 raffle with all proceeds going to the Humboldt Broncos. Obviously "most" people reading this would not be able to attend; however, the Bruins have also started a website which can be viewed
    here.
    Have to be within the state of MA to purchase.

  13. #53
    Really??!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Great white north
    Posts
    1,876

    Re: Tragedy for the Humboldt Broncos

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Wouldn't be a bad idea to put a stick or two out in memoriam. I'm tearing up just wondering if the now deceased kids would also like to borrow a pair of skates...
    I just put 3 sticks out my front door

  14. #54
    RIP WaP Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    190,994

    Re: Tragedy for the Humboldt Broncos

    The trainer has become the 16th fatalilty.

    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-11-2018 at 07:52 PM.

  15. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    8

    Re: Tragedy for the Humboldt Broncos

    Please encourage participation in this. https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4610501

  16. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    4,310
    Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    My uneducated guess is along the same lines as you. Google Earth also shows that there is a substantial tree line on the SE-Corner. Truck driver may have looked quick at the stop sign, misjudged the bus (or didn't see it), hammered down to get across the intersection and *BAM*. The debris field and final location of the two vehicles leads me to believe that the bus t-boned the trailer.
    Just so I can wrap my head around this, that intersection was a two way stop sign on the road the truck was traveling? No traffic control on the bus side?

  17. #57
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Southwest MI
    Posts
    5,805

    Re: Tragedy for the Humboldt Broncos

    Quote Originally Posted by LTsatch View Post
    Just so I can wrap my head around this, that intersection was a two way stop sign on the road the truck was traveling? No traffic control on the bus side?
    Yes, the bus was traveling North on a primary highway. The truck was heading West on a secondary highway. There are no stop lights or stop signs for the primary highway at the intersection. There are both stop signs and red flashing lights for the secondary highway at the intersection.

  18. #58
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    4,310

    Re: Tragedy for the Humboldt Broncos

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Yes, the bus was traveling North on a primary highway. The truck was heading West on a secondary highway. There are no stop lights or stop signs for the primary highway at the intersection. There are both stop signs and red flashing lights for the secondary highway at the intersection.
    Thanks for that. I was a firefighter covering I-95 down here for 32 years and thank goodness I never had to pull up on a scene as horrific as that one. Prayers for the families and first responders whos lives will never be the same.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

  19. #59
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44,800

    Re: Tragedy for the Humboldt Broncos

    Quote Originally Posted by Midfan View Post
    Please encourage participation in this. https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4610501
    I know I'll be donning at least an AHL jersey, since my college one isn't exactly clean enough, and there may be rivalry concerns if I go with NHL.
    Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 04-12-2018 at 08:09 AM.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  20. #60
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    39,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    The trainer has become the 16th fatalilty.

    What can we leave out for her?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •