Tragedy for the Humboldt Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    We're not perfect. Another reason why we should live every day to its fullest and be thankful for what we have.
    +1 ✔
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Re: Tragedy for the Humboldt Broncos

A hockey team was in the restaurant today & a stranger paid their entire over $300 bill in honour of the Humboldt Broncos. The team is now donating the money they planned on spending to the players & families affected. There is still so much good in the world
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Over 5.5 mil now.

Good of the NHL to take the time to honor those who perished during a number of their games. It was quite touching to also see the picture of the Blackhawks and Jets next to opposite team members around centre ice to show their solidarity. Shows how much the roots really matter to all of these players even at the professional level, and how despite our differences in brand loyalty, we all still show our love for hockey itself.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Over 5.5 mil now.

Good of the NHL to take the time to honor those who perished during a number of their games. It was quite touching to also see the picture of the Blackhawks and Jets next to opposite team members around centre ice to show their solidarity. Shows how much the roots really matter to all of these players even at the professional level, and how despite our differences in brand loyalty, we all still show our love for hockey itself.
            Incredible
            https://www.gofundme.com/funds-for-humboldt-broncos
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                ...I feel for that truck driver, having to live with that guilt for the rest of his life. That weight on his shoulders....yes it's his fault from the reports, and he should feel guilt, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have major sorrow.....
                With all due respect, I'd advise holding back on assuming blame until the accident investigation report comes out. Initial reports from disaster scenes are historically inaccurate and this is probably no different. Yes, I've read the early stories stating that the truck hit the bus but, looking at the accident scene photos, the truck cab is largely intact and the truck driver is apparently uninjured. If the truck truly hit the bus, the truck cab would have been squashed and the truck driver a likely fatality. Instead, it is the front of the bus that is squashed and the bus driver is among the fatalities.

There's more to this than meets the eye. The cause and any applicable charges will become known in due course. In the meantime, you're right about the driver having to bear the pain of this for the rest of his life, regardless of liability or lack thereof.
                Last edited by Split-N; 04-09-2018, 04:03 PM.
                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

From what I've seen, the truck likely pulled out in front of the bus. That explains the cab being intact, the truck and its contents on its side, and the significant damage to the bus.
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                  East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                  Northeast Regional:
                  West Regional: 2015, 2021
                  Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                  Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                    From what I've seen, the truck likely pulled out in front of the bus. That explains the cab being intact, the truck and its contents on its side, and the significant damage to the bus.
                    That is what I read in numerous places. The truck driver had a stop sign which also had blinking lights and was hit by the bus which had the right of way. The truck driver might have been blinded by the sun.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

This is so awful. Here is another idea the league is coming out with to raise money. If I see more details I will forward along. A great way for the college hockey community to support our junior hockey leagues...

https://www.sjhl.ca/news_article/sho...rrer_id=618093

Comment

I watched leader of SJHL in tears. Best thing in my opinion is the other three teams skate to center ice at Broncos ice and take sweaters off at center ice and concede championship. That would be such an outstanding statement from fellow players and competitors. I want to make emoji heart. I wish nhl and players can follow and bring respect to their center ice.

Comment

Coach's Corner tribute https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg0sz6RQ6xU

Comment

The evidence so far would indicate that to be so. The question that will have to be answered by the accident investigation is whether 1) the truck ran the flashing red stop light at that intersection or 2)The truck stopped at the intersection but had started across as the bus approached. Remember, this is a semi that was pulling at least one and possibly two trailers, so it wouldn't have been moving very fast after initially starting across that intersection from a standing stop. The answers will come in due course.
                            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

My uneducated guess is along the same lines as you. Google Earth also shows that there is a substantial tree line on the SE-Corner. Truck driver may have looked quick at the stop sign, misjudged the bus (or didn't see it), hammered down to get across the intersection and *BAM*. The debris field and final location of the two vehicles leads me to believe that the bus t-boned the trailer.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                The debris field and final location of the two vehicles leads me to believe that the bus t-boned the trailer.
                                My thoughts as well.
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                                Northeast Regional:
                                West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X