Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCHA 2018 Off-Season: Nobody's Walking Out On This Old-Fashioned Hockey Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA 2018 Off-Season: Nobody's Walking Out On This Old-Fashioned Hockey Conferenc

oh! hunting belugas! I'm not anti hunting in anyway shape or form. And one less grizzly ok with me. They are higher on the food chain than we are. but the belugas! saw them in Hudson Bay and they were such fun. followed our little zodiac and when we stopped they swam right up to the boat and poked their heads out of the water. to me they are one of nature's most beautiful creature. that's something I don't think I could ever kill.
    well, the belugas and about 500 other animals!!
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Re: WCHA 2018 Off-Season: Nobody's Walking Out On This Old-Fashioned Hockey Conferenc

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      oh! hunting belugas! I'm not anti hunting in anyway shape or form. And one less grizzly ok with me. They are higher on the food chain than we are. but the belugas! saw them in Hudson Bay and they were such fun. followed our little zodiac and when we stopped they swam right up to the boat and poked their heads out of the water. to me they are one of nature's most beautiful creature. that's something I don't think I could ever kill.
      well, the belugas and about 500 other animals!!
      You and me both. I love eating moose, and hubby does hunt, but I don't think I could shoot and kill one unless my survival depended on it. Too much of an animal lover at heart.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Not trying to one-up myself but they also killed a baby seal about a month ago, village life is different. One snowstorm or a couple of more missed flights from Ravn and I would be forced to live off the land.
        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
          Not trying to one-up myself but they also killed a baby seal about a month ago, village life is different. One snowstorm or a couple of more missed flights from Ravn and I would be forced to live off the land.
          Killing for subsistence is different.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

way different.
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

You know, sometimes I think that UAH may rival BGSU for being the student body least likely to be missing for deer season. (This isn't a bad thing; my family is all over rural Dixie.)

UAH President Bob Altenkirch will retire at the end of the academic year, which makes me sad on a lot of levels. His predecessor may have been a hockey proponent, but he was terrible for the University as a whole. Bob the Builder has done a fantastic job with the breadth and depth of the school.

And yeah, this makes me a little bit worried about our hockey program. I'm not very worried, but we go from a known quantity to an unknown one.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                UAH President Bob Altenkirch will retire at the end of the academic year... His predecessor may have been a hockey proponent, but he was terrible for the University as a whole. Bob the Builder has done a fantastic job with the breadth and depth of the school. And yeah, this makes me a little bit worried about our hockey program. I'm not very worried, but we go from a known quantity to an unknown one.
                GFM
                If a new president worries you, keep an eye on how MTU's new president (started this month) handles Tech's hockey team down the road. We hired him away from LSU which I hear is the "Hockey Hotbed of the Gulf Region". (Well at least that's what Gary Bettman says but he said the same thing about Atlanta, Miami and Phoenix.) Maybe the new Huskies president will see the tiny amount we spend on our D-I team and will increase our ice hockey budget 20x so we can get more on par with what he was spending on LSU football? That would be nice...

Ryan J
                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                  If a new president worries you, keep an eye on how MTU's new president (started this month) handles Tech's hockey team down the road. We hired him away from LSU which I hear is the "Hockey Hotbed of the Gulf Region". (Well at least that's what Gary Bettman says but he said the same thing about Atlanta, Miami and Phoenix.) Maybe the new Huskies president will see the tiny amount we spend on our D-I team and will increase our ice hockey budget 20x so we can get more on par with what he was spending on LSU football? That would be nice...

Ryan J
                  I don't think that Susan's predecessor looked to kill the program. Also, what you'll see with someone moving from football to hockey country doesn't really equate to what happens with a President coming to the weird outpost of hockey in football country. Combine that with a Board of Trustees for the system that may impanel the new guy with a mandate to kill our program, and ...

Don't doubt that it could happen. Ask UAB football.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Yeah but if UAH folds, who's going to play Louisville and Illinois? Oh UNLV and Iowa too, sorry I almost forgot about them. I think all the teams that are going to have D-I "soon" should have a double elimination tourney. The winner gets all the money that all the teams have saved up and that ONE team gets to start a D-I program. The rest of the teams start over the to try again in five years when the next tourney is held. Should make for some interesting games and keeps expansion under control. We can't just have D-I hockey teams popping up all over the country on a whim. Maybe we could even have the "I want a hockey team" championship game as a final game(s) during the Frozen Four weekend?

My prediction: Louisville will have D-I men's hockey before UAH folds their program. MTU football got taken to the brink a few years ago. When the university officially pulled the plug, the private supporters stepped up like never before. I would be very surprised if anyone would have the stones to shut down UAH hockey at this point after the effort that was just made to bring it back.

Ryan
                    Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 07-19-2018, 07:23 AM.
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                      My prediction: Louisville will have D-I men's hockey before UAH folds their program. MTU football got taken to the brink a few years ago. When the university officially pulled the plug, the private supporters stepped up like never before. I would be very surprised if anyone would have the stones to shut down UAH hockey at this point after the effort that was just made to bring it back.
                      I sure hope that you're right. The great thing is that Mack Portera retired years ago.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                        Yeah but if UAH folds, who's going to play Louisville and Illinois? Oh UNLV and Iowa too, sorry I almost forgot about them. I think all the teams that are going to have D-I "soon" should have a double elimination tourney. The winner gets all the money that all the teams have saved up and that ONE team gets to start a D-I program. The rest of the teams start over the to try again in five years when the next tourney is held. Should make for some interesting games and keeps expansion under control. We can't just have D-I hockey teams popping up all over the country on a whim. Maybe we could even have the "I want a hockey team" championship game as a final game(s) during the Frozen Four weekend?

Ryan
                        Tech alumni and supporters have done an outstanding job in saving football and increasing the financial resources the hockey program needed to return to the upper echelon of college hockey.

The question for UAH is will they commit the resources their program needs to be successful? 20 hour bus trips the day before a playoff begins are not conducive to success.
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                          I don't think that Susan's predecessor looked to kill the program. Also, what you'll see with someone moving from football to hockey country doesn't really equate to what happens with a President coming to the weird outpost of hockey in football country. Combine that with a Board of Trustees for the system that may impanel the new guy with a mandate to kill our program, and ...

Don't doubt that it could happen. Ask UAB football.

GFM
                          I was a big fan of UAB football. it was a real sad day when they stopped. I think the board really messed that one up. a lot of people in BHM were upset.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            I was a big fan of UAB football. it was a real sad day when they stopped. I think the board really messed that one up. a lot of people in BHM were upset.
                            The UAS BoT is dominated by Tide folks, including Bear's son. If you aren't from UAT, you cannot trust the BoT.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

With that changes to Anchorage's and Fairbanks' schedules, I hope I have updated everything correctly.

29 NCHC Games (0-0-0)
                              14-15 Big10 Games (0-0-0)
                              8 Hockey East Games (0-0-0)
                              7 Atlantic Hockey Games (0-0-0)
                              4-5 ECAC Games (0-0-0)
                              4-5 Independent Games (0-0-0)
                              0-1 Interleague Games (Not counted in league total)
                              9 Exhibitions (Not counted in league or team total)
                              TOTAL: 0-0-0

ALABAMA-HUNTSVILLE (0-0-0)
                              -at Miami (2)
                              -at Colorado College
                              -at Denver
                              -Arizona State (2)
                              -vs Vermont, TD Bank Catamount Cup, Burlington, VT
                              -vs Northeastern, TD Bank Catamount Cup, Burlington, VT

ALASKA (0-0-0)
                              -at Arizona State (2)
                              -St. Cloud State (2)
                              -at Denver (2)

ALASKA-ANCHORAGE (0-0-0)
                              -Colorado College (2)
                              -at North Dakota (2)
                              -at Nebraska-Omaha (2)

BEMIDJI STATE (0-0-0)
                              -Lakehead (EXH)
                              -North Dakota
                              -at North Dakota
                              -Merrimack (2)
                              -at St. Cloud State (2)
                              -at Air Force (2)

BOWLING GREEN (0-0-0)
                              -at Mercyhurst
                              -at Western Michigan
                              -at Robert Morris
                              -Robert Morris
                              -Western Michigan
                              -at Ohio State
                              -Ohio State
                              -at US Under 18 Team (EXH)
                              -Windsor (EXH)

FERRIS STATE (0-0-0)
                              -US Under 18 Team (EXH)
                              -Lethbridge (EXH)
                              -Western Michigan
                              -at Western Michigan
                              -Mercyhurst (2)
                              -at Michigan State
                              -Michigan State

LAKE SUPERIOR STATE (0-0-0)
                              -at Merrimack (2)
                              -Ni****ing (EXH-2)
                              -Michigan (2)
                              -at US Under 18 Team (EXH)
                              -vs. Michigan State, Great Lakes Invitational, Detroit, MI
                              -vs. Michigan Tech/Michigan, Great Lakes Invitational, Detroit, MI

MICHIGAN TECH (0-0-0)
                              -Minnesota-Duluth (2)
                              -at Wisconsin (2)
                              -at Clarkson (2)
                              -vs. Michigan, Great Lakes Invitational, Detroit, MI
                              -vs. Lake Superior State/Michigan State, Great Lakes Invitational, Detroit, MI

MINNESOTA STATE (0-0-0)
                              -Mount Royal (EXH)
                              -Boston University (2)
                              -at North Dakota (2)
                              -at Minnesota
                              -Minnesota
                              -vs. Minnesota-Duluth, Desert Hockey Classic, Glendale, AZ
                              -vs. Arizona State/Clarkson, Desert Hockey Classic, Glendale, AZ

NORTHERN MICHIGAN (0-0-0)
                              -at Michigan State (2)
                              -at St. Cloud State (2)
                              -Cornell (2)
                              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post

-Ni****ing (EXH-2)
                                This gets funnier every time I see it. I want everyone to get Ni****ing on the schedule just for this.

Comment

Working...
                                X