Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCHA 2018 Off-Season: Nobody's Walking Out On This Old-Fashioned Hockey Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Nah, you're good. It's always interesting when the Alaska people start to think they matter, for some reason.
    One of the best things about Alaska, people like you don't surivive a winter.
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Re: WCHA 2018 Off-Season: Nobody's Walking Out On This Old-Fashioned Hockey Conferenc

So Notre Dame and Illinois to B1G, ASU to the NCHC with Minnesota State?

Based on rumours of Illinois indeed starting D1 hockey soon.
      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post

I would actually enjoy ASU in the NCHC, only because it would be funny to watch them helicopter dick the rest of that conference off the ice.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post

Notre Dame is already in the Big 10. They won both the regular season & tournament titles this past season.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: WCHA 2018 Off-Season: Nobody's Walking Out On This Old-Fashioned Hockey Conferenc

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            My Google Maps say take AK-3 N until I hit Fairbanks. And Google Maps says I can drive from MD to Anchorage.
            What was your point again?
            Originally Posted by aparch
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
              What was your point again?
              That he doesn't know where the capital of Alaska is?
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                That he doesn't know where the capital of Alaska is?
                No. It's Nome, right?

The idea was that I could drive from here to there. I can also drive to Juneau but I need to take 2 ferries at some time.

I've taken the ferry across Lake Champlain and the Lewes - Cape May ferry, so it's not that big a deal. 90 miles may be different, so it costs a bit more and takes a bit longer.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  No. It's Nome, right?
                  With the way these city-dwellers brag about surviving, you'd think all of Alaska was like the Brooks Range.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    With the way these city-dwellers brag about surviving, you'd think all of Alaska was like the Brooks Range.
                    I figure they're all like all of the reality TV shows about Alaska tell us they are.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      I figure they're all like all of the reality TV shows about Alaska tell us they are.
                      It’s a great experience...once you get there!
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        HA! I counted them all up once, I think there have been over 50 reality shows about Alaska. Almost all of them are not "real" in any sense of the word. We know Marty Raney, and the things he can tell ya …
                        Originally Posted by aparch
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Ferguson Resigns As Hitmen Head Coach

The Calgary Hitmen Hockey Club today announced Head Coach Dallas Ferguson has resigned due to family reasons.

“Dallas approached me last week, stating his wife is unable to continue to work her current job in Alaska while moving to Calgary as originally planned. As a father to two young girls he does not want to live apart from his family again this year. We respect this decision, supporting that family comes first and wish Dallas all the best in the future,” said Hitmen General Manager Jeff Chynoweth.
                          Ferguson led the Hitmen to a 24-37-9-2 record in his one season as bench boss finishing in fifth place in the Central Division.
                          The search for a new Head Coach will begin immediately.

Comment

I, for one, love Alaska and love having them in our league. Yes, the trip up is a killer, but so worth it. Anchorage was much larger and cosmopolitan than I envisioned. Suze was the consummate host. Every WCHA fan should try to make the trip at least once. We made it an extended trip, went to Seward, Denali, Talkitna (did I spell that right?) where we watched the Super Bowl. That was like the Alaska you see on TV. One B&B open and one bar. Folks came to the bar with food to share and most of the guys had a dog with them, sleeping under the table. The bartender and I were the only women. Giants beat the Patriots and one of the fans cheering on the Giants was a black man from New York City. We all fed off his excitement and it was a great time. The mister then drove us to an AFB where he was documenting the old facility, they put us up in the new part. Some of the nicest quarters I've stayed in the military. Even if there was an inch of ice on the inside of the windows in the morning. -50. Wish we had made it up to Fairbanks, but didn't have the time. Must put that on the bucket list.
                            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                              I, for one, love Alaska and love having them in our league. Yes, the trip up is a killer, but so worth it. Anchorage was much larger and cosmopolitan than I envisioned. Suze was the consummate host. Every WCHA fan should try to make the trip at least once. We made it an extended trip, went to Seward, Denali, Talkitna (did I spell that right?) where we watched the Super Bowl. That was like the Alaska you see on TV. One B&B open and one bar. Folks came to the bar with food to share and most of the guys had a dog with them, sleeping under the table. The bartender and I were the only women. Giants beat the Patriots and one of the fans cheering on the Giants was a black man from New York City. We all fed off his excitement and it was a great time. The mister then drove us to an AFB where he was documenting the old facility, they put us up in the new part. Some of the nicest quarters I've stayed in the military. Even if there was an inch of ice on the inside of the windows in the morning. -50. Wish we had made it up to Fairbanks, but didn't have the time. Must put that on the bucket list.
                              Wait, you were in Girdwood for the Super Bowl when the Giants beat the Patriots? Shirtless Guy and I were in Girdwood watching the Giants beat the Patriots...how did we not realize this at the time?
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                                HA! I counted them all up once, I think there have been over 50 reality shows about Alaska. Almost all of them are not "real" in any sense of the word. We know Marty Raney, and the things he can tell ya …
                                I like the one with the really screwed up, inbred-like family...that is probably too general, given all that have existed. Can't recall the name of it. Terrible TV, but ok for a *** laugh for 5 minutes.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X