Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCHA 2018 Off-Season: Nobody's Walking Out On This Old-Fashioned Hockey Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA 2018 Off-Season: Nobody's Walking Out On This Old-Fashioned Hockey Conferenc

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Wait, you were in Girdwood for the Super Bowl when the Giants beat the Patriots? Shirtless Guy and I were in Girdwood watching the Giants beat the Patriots...how did we not realize this at the time?
    we were all up there the weekend before for the Tech game - I remember we ran into you and Shirtless at the Anchorage (or Alaska) Museum. but you couldn't have been in Talkeenta. there was only one place to stay - a bed and breakfast and we were the only people there and the bar was the only thing open and surely we would have seen you - it was small. what/where is Girdwood?
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Re: WCHA 2018 Off-Season: Nobody's Walking Out On This Old-Fashioned Hockey Conferenc

it would have been the 2007 or 2011 Super Bowl. good gawd, I can't remember that far back. Jamie was still coaching and Dave Shiyak for Anchorage.
      Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
        we were all up there the weekend before for the Tech game - I remember we ran into you and Shirtless at the Anchorage (or Alaska) Museum. but you couldn't have been in Talkeenta. there was only one place to stay - a bed and breakfast and we were the only people there and the bar was the only thing open and surely we would have seen you - it was small. what/where is Girdwood?
        We drove up to talkeetna, did breakfast at some place, flew around Denali and drove back...we drove down to seward, checked out gulf of alaska, drove back to girdwood and had dinner at double musky inn and watched super bowl with the kitchen staff.
        February 2008
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          We drove up to talkeetna, did breakfast at some place, flew around Denali and drove back...we drove down to seward, checked out gulf of alaska, drove back to girdwood and had dinner at double musky inn and watched super bowl with the kitchen staff.
          February 2008
          flew around Denali?? that must have been awesome. I really need to get back up there. I haven't seen Fairbanks and would love to do more exploring in Anchorage. We drove to Seward too. Most everything was closed. But it was a beautiful drive.
          Boosh Factor 4

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
            Girdwood is about a 45 minute drive down Turnigan Arm, near Mt Alyeska. There’s a cool new brewery in Girdwood and you can take the tram/gondola up the the bar/restaurant at the top. Pretty incredible time.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
              Yeah, we were in Girdwood, while you were in Talkeetna. Kinda went opposite ways out of Anchorage.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                February 2008
                Isn’t that where we ended up at PJ’s with Donald?
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  Yup it was that trip
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Thanks. I just puked a bit in my mouth.

After that experience I was so terrified of the concept of "natural women" that I couldn’t watch NatGeo for 3 months.
                    Last edited by bigblue_dl; 06-28-2018, 10:33 PM.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      With the way these city-dwellers brag about surviving, you'd think all of Alaska was like the Brooks Range.
                      Brooks sounds good right about now, as I currently sit in Point Lay, a village of 200 people. Majorioty of the town went beluga hunting these past couple days. Took a picture of a small blonde grizzly they shot a couple weeks ago. Played basketball with some kids with a cloud of mosquitoes annonying us every step. Good thing I brought extra food as Ravn Airlines cancelles flights left and right, but arrive just to take off without mentioning hey there is an extra seat you could've used.

Diatribe done.
                      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                        Brooks sounds good right about now, as I currently sit in Point Lay, a village of 200 people. Majorioty of the town went beluga hunting these past couple days. Took a picture of a small blonde grizzly they shot a couple weeks ago. Played basketball with some kids with a cloud of mosquitoes annonying us every step. Good thing I brought extra food as Ravn Airlines cancelles flights left and right, but arrive just to take off without mentioning hey there is an extra seat you could've used.

Diatribe done.
                        what are you doing there?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          Thanks. I just puked a bit in my mouth.

After that experience I was so terrified of the concept of "natural women" that I couldn’t watch NatGeo for 3 months.
                          It took a lot just to able to type that. I think it’s easier that PJ’s was torn down.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

It took a lot just to able to type that. I think it’s easier that PJ’s was torn down.
                            That statement was like a giant brick being removed from my chest. I warn just about anyone going to Alaska to not go there...EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              what are you doing there?
                              Cleaning up chemical waste. Glycol was leaking from it's line and inginted Zappit 73. Suprised the whole building didn't burn down.
                              Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                                Girdwood is about a 45 minute drive down Turnigan Arm, near Mt Alyeska. There’s a cool new brewery in Girdwood and you can take the tram/gondola up the the bar/restaurant at the top. Pretty incredible time.
                                this sounds like a must do.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Working...
                                X