X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.31: "The Caravan is Coming.""The Caravan is Coming."

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    Comey appointed the prosecutor that convicted Libby. Having spent 15 months reversing Obama policies, Trump is now working on Comey's.
    Well, he's already destroyed Obama. Obamacare is destroyed and that's pretty much the only legislation we got from him. All of Obama's Executive Orders have been overturned. Obama may as well have never been President cause he will go down in history as one of the most inconsequential President's in history.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      And more money to throw down a hole.

Just take their pensions away. That's what everyone else does.

http://www.startribune.com/trump-con...tem/479587253/
      He saw that the response to his Amazon rants was pretty "blah" (cause they were false AND everyone uses Amazon) so he just shifted the blame to the USPS who previously were being screwed by Amazon. Now he is using the classic GOP canard about the USPS in hopes people buy that...

As for the Comey stuff...I find it hilarious that people in the Trump camp were leaking how they planned to attack Comey days before they did it. His tweets match up exactly with the stuff sources told The Hill and others earlier this week.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Well, he's already destroyed Obama. Obamacare is destroyed and that's pretty much the only legislation we got from him. All of Obama's Executive Orders have been overturned. Obama may as well have never been President cause he will go down in history as one of the most inconsequential President's in history.
        That isnt how history works...
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          That isnt how history works...
          Well, maybe not. But Trump has the eraser out and he's dismantled everything. The CFPB is almost gone as well. The Deficits are back. The tax cuts are back. The sabre rattling is back. The mandate in Obamacare it's core principle is gone.

Can you cite anything for me that Obama accomplished that hasn't been erased?
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

In my opinion, Obama will be viewed much as John Marshall Harlan's dissent in Plessy. Keep in mind this was written in 1896:

Our Constitution is color-blind and neither knows nor tolerates classes among citizens. In respect of civil rights, all citizens are equal before the law. The humblest is the peer of the most powerful. The law regards man as man and takes no account of his surroundings or of his color when his civil rights as guaranteed by the supreme law of the land are involved... If evils will result from the commingling of the two races upon public highways established for the benefit of all, they will be infinitely less than those that will surely come from state legislation regulating the enjoyment of civil rights upon the basis of race.
            Ahead of his time and surrounded by reactionaries from an ancien regime already crumbling, Obama's intellect and demeanor and eloquence and calm and kindness will be a model that all future presidents strive to emulate.

I also believe he is a harbinger of a coming era, when we begin again to free ourselves from the serfdom of the last fifty years' bowing and scraping before the Briber Class. But even if that's not true, nothing effaces his honor and manifestation of the best America offers the world.
            Last edited by Kepler; 04-13-2018, 08:57 AM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              In my opinion, Obama will be viewed much as John Marshall Harlan's dissent in Plessy. Keep in mind this was written in 1896:

Ahead of his time and surrounded by reactionaries from an ancien regime already crumbling, Obama's intellect and demeanor and eloquence and calm and kindness will be a model that all future presidents strive to emulate.

I also believe he is a harbinger of another era, when we finally free ourselves from the serfdom of the last fifty years' bowing and scraping before the Briber Class. But even if that's not true, nothing effaces his honor and manifestation of the best America offers the world.
              How he acted will always be revered. That's not what I'm saying. What he accomplished will be forgotten. Cause it's gone.

Comment

Trump not only tells OUR enemies when we are coming...his fellow morons tell HIS enemies when an attack is coming.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

How he acted will always be revered. That's not what I'm saying. What he accomplished will be forgotten. Cause it's gone.
                    No. That's just your pessimism.

For one thing, nothing is ever forgotten.

For another, history never ends. The fascists are in the ascent now but their days are numbered; that number may be hundreds or thousands, but it's not millions. I know the last 40 years have been awful in this country, and I know it looks like the forces of hatred and violence just grow stronger while the intelligent and well-meaning cower, or are bloodied. But that's always been the fight, ever since we dragged our fins out of the ocean. It's always the striving for what we could be against the terrified, ignorant, vicious animal of where we've come from. That's the Ascent of Man.

We've been in worse fixes before. All we need is bravery and fortitude. The orcs aren't thinking or planning, they're just reacting. A thinking man can defeat an instinctive beast. A handful of free men can defeat an army of slaves.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I also believe he is a harbinger of a coming era, when we begin again to free ourselves from the serfdom of the last fifty years' bowing and scraping before the Briber Class. But even if that's not true, nothing effaces his honor and manifestation of the best America offers the world.
                      I’m (moderately) on the other side and can appreciate Obama’s noble vision. The problem is that Russia and China don’t share it and we don’t have any great way of dealing with them. That along with inequality and spending way beyond our means are our grand challenges of the 21st century.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            I’m (moderately) on the other side and can appreciate Obama’s noble vision. The problem is that Russia and China don’t share it and we don’t have any great way of dealing with them. That along with inequality and spending way beyond our means are our grand challenges of the 21st century.
                            I appreciate that nobility doesn't mean you can't still be wrong. "Robert E. Lee, white* courtesy telephone please." Bill Buckley was dignified and honest and wrong on just about everything he ever opined.

It's interesting that you picked inequality and spending as the two big problems. In my opinion you have identified the problem in a nutshell. Spending per se is no problem -- debt is the problem. Our debt and inequality feed each other; as inequality increases the need for spending on the poor increases but our revenues decrease as we continue to shrink both sources of revenue: the middle class itself shrinks as more fall into poverty, and revenue from the rich shrinks as our policies shield them more and more from taxation. The result is the deadly circle that has gripped the US since Reagan's tax cuts.

Reverse this and reverse the circle. Equality increases, the middle class grows, revenue is recovered from the rich and expands as the middle class expands. Social spending drops because there are fewer poor who need it. 99% of the population benefits -- only the world-be trillionaires at the top "suffer" in the sense of having to settle for 20 homes instead of 25.

* Well, yeah.
                            Cornell University

Comment

And more money to throw down a hole.

Just take their pensions away. That's what everyone else does.

http://www.startribune.com/trump-con...tem/479587253/
                              and lemme guess. the solution is to turn their duties over to FED EX and UPS.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Again, that's not the point I was making. That's ok though. Carry on.

Comment

Working...
                                X