This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.31: "The Caravan is Coming.""The Caravan is Coming."

It's funny how when the police gun certain people down it's the victims fault for breaking some law in the first place, but when everything is done by the book we are going down a dangerous path. I wonder what the difference could be?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      I believe in our justice system. You don't?
      Oh, I believe in our justice system. That's why I'm not that enthused about an integral part of it being compromised.

If you report that the Feds got a warrant and seized all of Jared's files or Trumps files from Trump Tower, I wouldn't have said a peep. Great. The feds got a warrant and they seized some files. That's what they are supposed to do when criminal activity is afoot.

But I think that client communications with an attorney are sacrosanct and I'm not that excited to see that chipped away at.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        Oh, I believe in our justice system. That's why I'm not that enthused about an integral part of it being compromised.

If you report that the Feds got a warrant and seized all of Jared's files or Trumps files from Trump Tower, I wouldn't have said a peep. Great. The feds got a warrant and they seized some files. That's what they are supposed to do when criminal activity is afoot.

But I think that client communications with an attorney are sacrosanct and I'm not that excited to see that chipped away at.
        You ever seen The Firm with Tom Cruise? Or read the book? I wouldn't be so high and mighty about what is and isn't sacrosanct.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

That Judge would be breaking his or her oath if he/she did that. I seriously doubt it.
          Projection. Conservatives would do it in a heartbeat for political gain, so scream and howl about it as a possibility.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            Projection. Conservatives would do it in a heartbeat for political gain, so scream and howl about it as a possibility.
            Yeah, I'm finding lately that projection is a term I should have been more in tune with a long time ago.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

SO with all this FBI raiding news, I have to ask, "What was your favorite Jeff Sessions moment?"
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  BS. There is no one who whines more about judges and their decisions here in Cafe than our resident lefties. Someone who dropped down from space and read a years worth of the posts of you guys would conclude that we have the most politically corrupt judiciary of all time.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

You ever seen The Firm with Tom Cruise? Or read the book? I wouldn't be so high and mighty about what is and isn't sacrosanct.
                      Spectacular. We're now holding our legal system up to comparison with a Tom Cruise movie?

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

See posts 146 - 188

Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Spectacular. We're now holding our legal system up to comparison with a Tom Cruise movie?
                          Tom Cruise would be a better president than Dump.

I'm not joking.

Think about that.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

BS. There is no one who whines more about judges and their decisions here in Cafe than our resident lefties. Someone who dropped down from space and read a years worth of the posts of you guys would conclude that we have the most politically corrupt judiciary of all time.
                            I think the judiciary is the only thread left holding America from the GOP fascist state, so don't lump me in.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Tom Cruise would be a better president than Dump.

I'm not joking.

Think about that.
                              But you gotta admit, that's not really a high bar.

Comment

Isn’t the fbi suppose to be focusing on Hilary? When did they find time to do this raid?

Comment

Working...
                                X