X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.31: "The Caravan is Coming.""The Caravan is Coming."

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Say Cohen did get compensated, and not with election campaign funds, then what? A lawyer got paid. And.

I'm trying to understand where folks think Cohen is going to take them.
    The campaign finance laws are murky (and probably written that way intentionally) so on that front it's hard to say from what I have read. The bigger picture is other business dealings and potential impropriety there, since there is so much chatter that Trump is more concerned with this investigation than he is by even the Mueller probe. So right now, the answer is that we really don't know. This could be just Cohen's cross to bear but given the depth of his involvement with Trump it's not hard to imagine that whatever shady business deals Cohen was involved in that Trump may have some involvement as well. It's been reported that Mueller has proof that Cohen was in Prague to possibly help cover up Trump's urinary indiscretions and/or other election conspiracy/collusion business as the Steele dossier alleges and Cohen has denied. If Cohen was there dealing with the Russians and lied about it, then obviously the question is what was he doing there and why is he lying about it. Anything is possible at this point.

Comment

What contortions? I'm asking where people think this is going to go. We still do speculate here, don't we?

You speculate an "illegal (payoff)". How so would consensual sex and a hush-hush agreement be illegal? Are you thinking campaign funds were (mis)used for the payoff?

As far as ending an investigation, I keep hearing that in the media but it hasn't happened in the 15 months he's had the power.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by dave122793 View Post
        The campaign finance laws are murky (and probably written that way intentionally) so on that front it's hard to say from what I have read. The bigger picture is other business dealings and potential impropriety there, since there is so much chatter that Trump is more concerned with this investigation than he is by even the Mueller probe. So right now, the answer is that we really don't know. This could be just Cohen's cross to bear but given the depth of his involvement with Trump it's not hard to imagine that whatever shady business deals Cohen was involved in that Trump may have some involvement as well. It's been reported that Mueller has proof that Cohen was in Prague to possibly help cover up Trump's urinary indiscretions and/or other election conspiracy/collusion business as the Steele dossier alleges and Cohen has denied. If Cohen was there dealing with the Russians and lied about it, then obviously the question is what was he doing there and why is he lying about it. Anything is possible at this point.
        So Cohen has my much speculated "manila envelope" is what folks are thinking.
        If it exists, yeah, the lawyer would have it.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

What contortions? I'm asking where people think this is going to go. We still do speculate here, don't we?

You speculate an "illegal (payoff)". How so would consensual sex and a hush-hush agreement be illegal? Are you thinking campaign funds were (mis)used for the payoff?

As far as ending an investigation, I keep hearing that in the media but it hasn't happened in the 15 months he's had the power.
          It's obvious to me that the Dump team coordinated with Russia in the run-up to the election -- the meeting at Trump Tower, the connections between his henchmen and the Russians, and his own ties with Putin's oligarch friends and his using them for loans make him Patient Zero for investigating financial crimes and illegal campaign activities. I have no reason to believe they stopped short of anything, and I assume Putin wanted to implicate them as far as possible on the crazy chance that they won (which he did not expect). So I think we will eventually have the evidence that Dumpy himself and his flunkies and spawn were guilty of colluding with attacks on our democratic institutions -- in a word, treason.

I don't think the sex means anything (beyond further evidence he's a creep). We're not talking about impeaching him because he's a sh-tty husband or a sh-tty person. He's going down because he's a traitor.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

My understanding is that if Cohen paid the money solely to help Trump win the election it would be a violation because the max an individual can donate is like $5k or something. I completely agree with everything else. I’m not sure how or why Stormy thinks she should be let out of the agreement.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              It's obvious to me that the Dump team coordinated with Russia in the run-up to the election -- the meeting at Trump Tower, the connections between his henchmen and the Russians, and his own ties with Putin's oligarch friends and his using them for loans make him Patient Zero for investigating financial crimes and illegal campaign activities. I have no reason to believe they stopped short of anything, and I assume Putin wanted to implicate them as far as possible on the crazy chance that they won (which he did not expect). So I think we will eventually have the evidence that Dumpy himself and his flunkies and spawn were guilty of colluding with attacks on our democratic institutions -- in a word, treason.

I don't think the sex means anything (beyond further evidence he's a creep). We're not talking about impeaching him because he's a sh-tty husband or a sh-tty person. He's going down because he's a traitor.

So Stormy is the distraction so we quit watching Magician Mueller's other hand until he's ready to pull the rabbit (bear?).

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Sure, I'll bite. Unless you're stupid, or Cohen is, you'd have to assume he got paid back somehow on that 130K. If he lies to the feds about that he's fuked. Its as simple as that. So, until we get that answered, he's in some legal jeopardy. If he somehow got paid by way of Russian interests acting either in league with the Trump campaign, or as a way to curry favor with Trump, he's seriously fuked. But what anybody has to ask is if this is all on the up and up, why are the people involved fighting tooth and nail to keep it quiet? Chump's already the President so if this was a straight out old guy paying for sex deal, just cop to that and call it a day.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

So Stormy is the distraction so we quit watching Magician Mueller's other hand until he's ready to pull the rabbit (bear?).
                  No, Stormy is just another tawdry tale this boob is involved with. By putting Dump in power we've cracked open the running sewer of his life, and now we're all going to have to bathe in it until he's deposed, dead, and deleted from history.

All those nice fundy women so worried about their kids seeing a nipple on TV must be really proud of themselves that they have put this gross old fool with his hookers, adultery, and pee tapes on the front page for the next few years.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 04-19-2018, 01:54 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If Ken Starr can find a way, so can these dingbats.

Comment

Say Cohen did get compensated, and not with election campaign funds, then what? A lawyer got paid. And.

I'm trying to understand where folks think Cohen is going to take them.
                      There are multiple ways to be compensated that don't require direct cash payoff. At times, tracking down stuff like that seems to be what my company does. (Not really, but we do spend a significant amount on that annually.)

Regardless, if Cohen received $130,000 in goods, services (how much is access to Komrade Oligarch worth?), or layered cash payments (with interest premium) from a third-party shell payer, like Golden Drumpf Showers, LLC., that can then be traced back to the campaign.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

i'm not speculating, I'm regurgitating what press are saying. Are you not paying attention?

To both investigations- you then deny dumps statement that he fired Comey over the russia investigation? Or you deny the constant barrage of tweets against Mueller? Is your head in the sand? Are you not thinking that the tweets against the raid on Cohen against that investigation, too?

There's plenty of media speculation to go around.

Your contortions are somehow trying to lift those accusations from a person you constantly deny backing. Funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          Sure, I'll bite. Unless you're stupid, or Cohen is, you'd have to assume he got paid back somehow on that 130K. If he lies to the feds about that he's fuked. Its as simple as that. So, until we get that answered, he's in some legal jeopardy. If he somehow got paid by way of Russian interests acting either in league with the Trump campaign, or as a way to curry favor with Trump, he's seriously fuked. But what anybody has to ask is if this is all on the up and up, why are the people involved fighting tooth and nail to keep it quiet? Chump's already the President so if this was a straight out old guy paying for sex deal, just cop to that and call it a day.
                          Cohen is not going to lie to the feds to save Dump's wrinkled old hide. Cohen owes Dump nothing, Dump repays loyalty with contempt anyway, and Cohen has the survival instincts of, well, a shady New York attorney.

Dumpy should be sweating every night.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            All those nice fundy women so worried about their kids seeing a nipple on TV must be really proud of themselves that they have put this gross old fool with his hookers, adultery, and pee tapes on the front page for the next few years.
                            Well supposedly they care about all that stuff despite all evidence proving otherwise.

Comment

If you let it distract you, that would be your fault. Stormy is an entirely different set of laws that someone thinks were broken, hence it being moved to a different group of people doing the investigation.

Duh.

Just like none of this should distract us from the POS and very corrupt Pruitt, who has overspent his legal bounds more than once.

Comment

Cohen --> Russian Mafia is a very short trip, Cohen --> Trump is an equally short trip. Maybe he can link the two...

Comment

Working...
                                X