This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.31: "The Caravan is Coming.""The Caravan is Coming."

NPR and PBS are still about as good as you're going to see among the mainstream media outlets, simply because they are least compromised by business interests. Even they are suffocated somewhat because of donors -- IINM Koch is a big donor to PBS precisely so they can exert their leverage and kill stories they don't like. Pete Peterson's group does that too.

Flag cited Veritas. There is a model there that could work -- independent group produces segments and then sells them to distributors. Veritas itself unfortunately is just in the business of creating content to reinforce the lies sold on Fox. But you could have a group with integrity that tried to operate that way. They problem of course would be they couldn't sell their product to the corporate media if it was too on the nose and counter to corporate media programming.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      NPR and PBS are still about as good as you're going to see among the mainstream media outlets, simply because they are least compromised by business interests. Even they are suffocated somewhat because of donors -- IINM Koch is a big donor to PBS precisely so they can exert their leverage and kill stories they don't like. Pete Peterson's group does that too.
      I agree on PBS for the most part, but NPR raises giant red flags with me too often. Koch brothers are a fairly recent major underwriter but NPR has been deteriorating for a long time IMO.

Comment

Kellyanne done f-cked up again.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
          I agree on PBS for the most part, but NPR raises giant red flags with me too often. Koch brothers are a fairly recent major underwriter but NPR has been deteriorating for a long time IMO.
          NPR while doing good work is also loathe to challenge its guests. I understand you don't want to get into a screaming match with them but pointing out hypocrisy for example even if politely would be a good place to start.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            I agree with most of this but I do chalk it up to cowardice. If you're being told by the corporate overlords what to report on, one would think a reporter would have the right connections to leak what's going on to a friendly platform in order to get it out there. Maybe that wasn't possible 25 years ago, but it is now. I get the part about not wanting to lose your job but how hard can it be for Van Jones for example to get the FALSE EQUIVALENCY OR ELSE memo from Zucker at CNN sent to a Charlie Pierce or somebody?
            Some do, but it's tough to then get it out because not only do reputable journalists want a second source, but there's always a trace somewhere that eventually leads to the person's exile and downfall; not always a risk to take, especially if a journalist is built upon his/her reputation.

Comment

Kellyanne done f-cked up again.
              "This guy swung an election,"
              They admit it and they still get away with it.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                The worst of the so-called mainstream outlets that I am familiar with is NPR. The anchors of their main morning and afternoon news broadcasts are among the worst for getting guests to answer questions, or for letting them make statements that clearly are mistaken or unjustified. Just this morning the COO of Starbucks was on and the first question asked was whether or not the staff racially profiled the men who were arrested there last week in the incident seen in the viral videos. She completely ignored the question and proceeded to make a generic statement. After a couple of other softball questions the host repeated the question and got yet another generic response about how all companies must learn from the things they do they don't go well and make proper changes. If you ask a question and the interviewee does not answer, how about calling them out on it with a simple "are you going to answer the question I just asked?" NPR has fallen so far in the last 10-15 years IMO. Actually wonder why I ever tune in anymore. I haven't been a contributing member since they dumped Bob Edwards in 2004.
                Then maybe they should try asking real questions instead of just pushing racial division. People are seeing the ruse for what it really is, and they're not going to entertain silliness like that.

Comment

Flag cited Veritas. There is a model there that could work -- independent group produces segments and then sells them to distributors. Veritas itself unfortunately is just in the business of creating content to reinforce the lies sold on Fox. But you could have a group with integrity that tried to operate that way. They problem of course would be they couldn't sell their product to the corporate media if it was too on the nose and counter to corporate media programming.
                  Interesting how it's all of a sudden a lie if it doesn't fit with pretenses that you have going in. Trump could cure cancer and you'd still see it as a bad thing because "it's Dump". Just like how y'all were anti-war right up until Obama got in, something I predicted would happen when I first saw all the war protests.

Comment

This has nothing to do with Syria. It is a proxy war against Iran.
                    If only.

The proxy was is with ... Russia. That's what's scaring the heck out of me in this.
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Scooby? This you? https://www.infowars.com/top-dem-wom...ing-elections/

Must be a Minnesota thing...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Scooby? This you? https://www.infowars.com/top-dem-wom...ing-elections/

Must be a Minnesota thing...
                        Just another stupid Democrat idea that won't work. And he's like, what, #2 at the party? Sigh
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Just another stupid Democrat idea that won't work. And he's like, what, #2 at the party? Sigh
                          He seems to be as passionate as you when it comes to the PPACA... and still hasn't gotten past the fact that people are waking up to the racial/gender/whatever division games.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            He seems to be as passionate as you when it comes to the PPACA... and still hasn't gotten past the fact that people are waking up to the racial/gender/whatever division games.
                            There are no games. Those are in your head.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                              If only.

The proxy was is with ... Russia. That's what's scaring the heck out of me in this.
                              Well, to be fair Dumpy isn't fighting a proxy war with anybody, he's just scouting for applause lines and preening in the reflected glory of the boom boom.

Russia has been crowding us out geo-militarily the way the PRC has been crowding us out geo-economically: this is the result of having a coward and weakling in the Oval Office. The US will have a lot of ground to make up once we excrete the Dump. Until then, the bad actors will just run wild.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                If only.

To quote Obama from 2012, "The 1980's called, and they want their foreign policy back." Russia has been a distraction from what's really going on for the past nearly 70 years now.

Comment

Working...
                                X