X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.31: "The Caravan is Coming.""The Caravan is Coming."

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    I disagree that such a blanket statement about this topic is correct. There are clearly instances where a lawyer cannot and should not disclose the identity of his client. https://www.law.ua.edu/pubs/jlp_file...vol08art11.pdf
    Exceptions to a rule don't cover this case. You swing and miss a pitch when you've got two strikes, you take a seat on the bench. Of course there are exceptions to that rule. They don't happen to apply of course if instead of missing, you hit the ball over the centerfield fence, but when you were going around the basepath, you passed the runner who was on 1st base. Sure there are swing and miss exceptions, but in this case another section of the rule book applies to what just happened. Same thing with Hannity and Cohen. Give it up already. The ACLU defends Nazis and racist skinheads for crying out loud. If Hannity (or Cohen's) legal rights were being dragged through mud, someone would be coming to their rescue too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      It will be interesting to see what sort of changes this brings about in the industry. I wonder if you could hire a lawyer through an LLC or something like that.
      It won't change anything in the industry, because this isn't anything new.

Again, hilarious how Republicans care more than actual attorneys.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
        It won't change anything in the industry, because this isn't anything new.

Again, hilarious how Republicans care more than actual attorneys.
        And of course only care because it is well-known conservatives caught in the legal cross-hairs.

Comment

The best people.

Trump’s choice to dismantle net neutrality regulations, Chairman Ajit Pai, is losing one of his dubious cronies. The Wall Street Journal reports that Elizabeth Ann Pierce, former CEO of Alaska telecommunications, has been arrested on allegations she forged contracts to the tune of $250 million.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            More and more I think I need to remove myself from the political discourse, because the daily litany of offenses trump and his allies are committing is having the effect on me of really beginning to simply hate anyone who can find a reason to vote for a republican. At best I can limit it to extreme pity, disdain and dismissal, but even that is becoming difficult.

The people out there who can't or won't admit that trump is the worst person by far of the 44 men who have been the president are the actual problem. It's not trump anymore. It isn't the elected republicans who are letting him get away with grand theft every day. It really is the 63,000,000 voters out there who left us standing here. They are so proud of themselves and so unwilling to admit they were wrong, either to have voted for a guy who treated them as rubes, or wrong to believe the things they believe in the first place, that's the real reason trump is allowed to loot this country.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
              More and more I think I need to remove myself from the political discourse, because the daily litany of offenses trump and his allies are committing is having the effect on me of really beginning to simply hate anyone who can find a reason to vote for a republican. At best I can limit it to extreme pity, disdain and dismissal, but even that is becoming difficult.

The people out there who can't or won't admit that trump is the worst person by far of the 44 men who have been the president are the actual problem. It's not trump anymore. It isn't the elected republicans who are letting him get away with grand theft every day. It really is the 63,000,000 voters out there who left us standing here. They are so proud of themselves and so unwilling to admit they were wrong, either to have voted for a guy who treated them as rubes, or wrong to believe the things they believe in the first place, that trump is allowed to loot this country.
              Here's how I deal with it. 99% of people don't follow politics closely. They know what little they know because of the news that's on unconsciously as background noise or because of the people they talk to who are just like them, hot boxing the same myths among themselves.

So don't blame them for supporting these scum suckers. They know not what they do.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Here's how I deal with it. 99% of people don't follow politics closely. They know what little they know because of the news that's on unconsciously as background noise or because of the people they talk to who are just like them, hot boxing the same myths among themselves.

So don't blame them for supporting these scum suckers. They know not what they do.
                and they knew Trumpy cause they saw him on the teevee every week. lambasting people and yelling 'you're fired!!!!".

a strong leader. no nonsense, business man. they saw it themselves with their own eyes.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  No they do when it comes to certain things. Trust me there is a reason O'Reilly settled for $30 million or whatever it was if it got out what he supposedly did his career was over as a Right Wing pundit.

These guys arent just sexually harassing women or knocking up interns...their perversions (well what would be according to the Jesus Freaks) are pretty deep. Even Trump wouldnt be supported.
                  His career is already over (other than drunk podcasting AFAIK) and he settled because it'd probably cost more not to.

The evangelicals think god put Trump in the White House and the Stormy Daniels thing, the pee tape, and him performing an abortion live on youtube might not even change anything and the same goes for any of these pundits.

Comment

Or they follow politics only when it comes to their one or two pet issues, to which the current legal concerns wouldn't specifically apply, and thus not making it into their news filters. (i.e. pro-life people)
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      I disagree that such a blanket statement about this topic is correct. There are clearly instances where a lawyer cannot and should not disclose the identity of his client. https://www.law.ua.edu/pubs/jlp_file...vol08art11.pdf
                      I agree there are instances but this is not one of those cases. (imho)
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                        His career is already over (other than drunk podcasting AFAIK) and he settled because it'd probably cost more not to.

The evangelicals think god put Trump in the White House and the Stormy Daniels thing, the pee tape, and him performing an abortion live on youtube might not even change anything and the same goes for any of these pundits.
                        You are wrong. I know you wont believe me but trust me I have connections to the case I know the details. It isnt about the money it is about what he did. There is no "No Spin Network" if it goes public (and it was within hours of going public about 5 months ago) and I bet Faux doesnt give him the severance he got. His whole image would be shot and recovery would take a decade at least. As it is he could show up on Sinclair tomorrow and no one would care. Not possible if the truth came out.

Trust me O'Reilly was willing to do anything to keep this silent he was over a barrel.

edit: FWIW I give it two years before it leaks. He is a world class d-bag and it almost leaked before because of him and his lawyers playing games.
                        Last edited by Handyman; 04-17-2018, 12:29 PM.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          No they do when it comes to certain things. Trust me there is a reason O'Reilly settled for $30 million or whatever it was if it got out what he supposedly did his career was over as a Right Wing pundit.

These guys arent just sexually harassing women or knocking up interns...their perversions (well what would be according to the Jesus Freaks) are pretty deep. Even Trump wouldnt be supported.
                          Bill O'Reilly could aledgedly enjoy jerking himself off while wearing a full leather body suit while having "Naked Cowgirl" Sandy Kane sit on his face while sh**ing, and the uppity Christian Republicans would dismiss it as "we all have our troubles, Bill is forgiven," and they would summarily ask if Bill would want a chorus of choir boys to stand in the corner of the room to sing praise during his escapade.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            You are wrong. I know you wont believe me but trust me I have connections to the case I know the details.
                            Sexual or criminal?
                            Cornell University

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Sexual or criminal?
                                whynotboth.jpg
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X