Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 1001

Thread: POTUS 45.31: "The Caravan is Coming.""The Caravan is Coming."

  1. #581
    RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    68,526

    Re: POTUS 45.31: "The Caravan is Coming.""The Caravan is Coming."

    Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    Ah, BS. The problem is, you want those shows to be like this message board, or a third grade playground, where everyone jumps up and screams "liar, liar pants on fire!" in response.
    The Press Secretary of the United States is allowed to just stand up there and lie. And it continues over and over and over again. If you don't think that's wrong I can't help you see otherwise.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  2. #582
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom
    Posts
    15,146

    Re: POTUS 45.31: "The Caravan is Coming.""The Caravan is Coming."

    Scoobs is correct. If the press core is just repeating what the gubmint talking heads are telling them then what's the point? For too long, all and I mean all of the lamestream media will basically allow a politician to come on, give a verbal press release even if it has no basis in reality, and then move on to the next subject. This is why reporters and pundidiots are about as popular as meter maids and payday loan venders. Speaking as a lib, its high time my fellow lefties stop trusting the press to do the right thing as they're completely useless and too afraid of being accused of "bias".
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  3. #583
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    45,150

    Re: POTUS 45.31: "The Caravan is Coming.""The Caravan is Coming."

    About two days late on this thought... https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/16/how-...ear-talks.html
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  4. #584
    RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    68,526

    Re: POTUS 45.31: "The Caravan is Coming.""The Caravan is Coming."

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Scoobs is correct. If the press core is just repeating what the gubmint talking heads are telling them then what's the point? For too long, all and I mean all of the lamestream media will basically allow a politician to come on, give a verbal press release even if it has no basis in reality, and then move on to the next subject. This is why reporters and pundidiots are about as popular as meter maids and payday loan venders. Speaking as a lib, its high time my fellow lefties stop trusting the press to do the right thing as they're completely useless and too afraid of being accused of "bias".
    Yes. And if you combine this with how the right led by Trump has systematically destroyed the media with the Fake News bit there is no media now. And without a 4th estate check on this President we have nothing. And that's why he's survived this long. If this were the '70's he'd be done.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  5. #585

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    60,343

    Re: POTUS 45.31: "The Caravan is Coming.""The Caravan is Coming."

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Yes. And if you combine this with how the right led by Trump has systematically destroyed the media with the Fake News bit there is no media now. And without a 4th estate check on this President we have nothing. And that's why he's survived this long. If this were the '70's he'd be done.
    There is still a news media, it just isn't in the corporate media which is an entertainment provider. Plenty of real journalists are bringing the truth to light. The thing Ailes et al. discovered is you can create a parallel universe and feed your constituents a story and to them the truth doesn't matter -- doesn't even exist. The right is a cult now. Little by little the responsible news media is learning there is no upside to giving them a mic.
    You don't find the truth about Charles Manson by inviting a therapist and Manson and giving them equal time.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

  6. #586
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom
    Posts
    15,146

    Re: POTUS 45.31: "The Caravan is Coming.""The Caravan is Coming."

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Yes. And if you combine this with how the right led by Trump has systematically destroyed the media with the Fake News bit there is no media now. And without a 4th estate check on this President we have nothing. And that's why he's survived this long. If this were the '70's he'd be done.
    Meh, not quite as doom and gloom. People frequent traditional lamestream media outlets less and less. That's not a bad thing. A free press need not be dominated by the NYT, CNN, ABC, and all other platforms dedicated to false equivalency above all else. The problem is too many Dem officials try to pander to this sentiment instead of calling out the press for the cowards that they are. I suspect liberals are about as angry at the media as conservatives are but for different reasons.

    Regarding Chump "destroying" things, the dude can't even get a porn star to bang him twice. If he loses the House he is done because not only is his so called agenda finished and he'll be subject to Congressional investigations, but it'll be the most public and embarrassing example yet of him not winning but in fact losing and losing "bigly".
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  7. #587
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    45,150

    Re: POTUS 45.31: "The Caravan is Coming.""The Caravan is Coming."

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Yes. And if you combine this with how the right led by Trump has systematically destroyed the media with the Fake News bit there is no media now. And without a 4th estate check on this President we have nothing. And that's why he's survived this long. If this were the '70's he'd be done.
    You're making one big assumption about the 4th estate, in that there are a number of players within it that want it to be a monopoly. The beauty of today's technology is that anyone and everyone is the 4th estate. All will cross-examine, and make determinations from there. That's something we didn't have in the 70's, so they could make up whatever narrative they want, spin it through the illusion of choice even though they were all effectively saying the same thing, and a blinded public would believe it.

    If you want to talk about a complicit 4th estate, perhaps you should look at some of the press conferences during Obama's first couple years. Do I need to put the Michael Savage clip up here again?
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  8. #588
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    45,150

    Re: POTUS 45.31: "The Caravan is Coming.""The Caravan is Coming."

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Meh, not quite as doom and gloom. People frequent traditional lamestream media outlets less and less. That's not a bad thing. A free press need not be dominated by the NYT, CNN, ABC, and all other platforms dedicated to false equivalency above all else. The problem is too many Dem officials try to pander to this sentiment instead of calling out the press for the cowards that they are. I suspect liberals are about as angry at the media as conservatives are but for different reasons.

    Regarding Chump "destroying" things, the dude can't even get a porn star to bang him twice. If he loses the House he is done because not only is his so called agenda finished and he'll be subject to Congressional investigations, but it'll be the most public and embarrassing example yet of him not winning but in fact losing and losing "bigly".
    I'm not sure the press are cowards so much as forced into doing the bidding of the overlords. They don't even edit what they say or ask, it's another board that does that. If you want to equivocate that to cowardice, that's your choice. When you look at the Veritas videos, you get the feeling that a number of those "reporters", even Van Jones, seem like they're enslaved by the masters at the network, and if they were sent out to do some real grassroots journalism and investigation, could do a really good job. Some (i.e. the brother of the governor) are a little better at portraying the master's deeds; those people are pretty much teleprompter zombies now.

    You want people to trust them again? Get them out for some real investigations. Even if it's for something that one or both of us don't agree with. I'd rather see that than talking heads being fed talking points.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  9. #589
    RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    68,526

    Re: POTUS 45.31: "The Caravan is Coming.""The Caravan is Coming."

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Regarding Chump "destroying" things, the dude can't even get a porn star to bang him twice. If he loses the House he is done because not only is his so called agenda finished and he'll be subject to Congressional investigations, but it'll be the most public and embarrassing example yet of him not winning but in fact losing and losing "bigly".
    Yeah, but they always have more impact. Obamacare is all but gone. Dodd Frank is all but gone. Meanwhile they get the Supreme Court for the next 50 years and they've stone another 13 trillion dollars.

    We need something to even out. And fast.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  10. #590
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom
    Posts
    15,146

    Re: POTUS 45.31: "The Caravan is Coming.""The Caravan is Coming."

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I'm not sure the press are cowards so much as forced into doing the bidding of the overlords. They don't even edit what they say or ask, it's another board that does that. If you want to equivocate that to cowardice, that's your choice. When you look at the Veritas videos, you get the feeling that a number of those "reporters", even Van Jones, seem like they're enslaved by the masters at the network, and if they were sent out to do some real grassroots journalism and investigation, could do a really good job. Some (i.e. the brother of the governor) are a little better at portraying the master's deeds; those people are pretty much teleprompter zombies now.

    You want people to trust them again? Get them out for some real investigations. Even if it's for something that one or both of us don't agree with. I'd rather see that than talking heads being fed talking points.
    I agree with most of this but I do chalk it up to cowardice. If you're being told by the corporate overlords what to report on, one would think a reporter would have the right connections to leak what's going on to a friendly platform in order to get it out there. Maybe that wasn't possible 25 years ago, but it is now. I get the part about not wanting to lose your job but how hard can it be for Van Jones for example to get the FALSE EQUIVALENCY OR ELSE memo from Zucker at CNN sent to a Charlie Pierce or somebody?
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  11. #591
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom
    Posts
    15,146

    Re: POTUS 45.31: "The Caravan is Coming.""The Caravan is Coming."

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Yeah, but they always have more impact. Obamacare is all but gone. Dodd Frank is all but gone. Meanwhile they get the Supreme Court for the next 50 years and they've stone another 13 trillion dollars.

    We need something to even out. And fast.
    Scooby this is all absurd bullsh !t. Obamacare is by and large intact. Dodd Frank is as well. Only thing that makes sense is your SCOTUS mention although 50 years is a little harsh.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  12. #592
    RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    68,526

    Re: POTUS 45.31: "The Caravan is Coming.""The Caravan is Coming."

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Scooby this is all absurd bullsh !t. Obamacare is by and large intact. Dodd Frank is as well. Only thing that makes sense is your SCOTUS mention although 50 years is a little harsh.
    The mandate is gone. That kills Obamacare. Enforcement is based on resources. All resources have been pulled from White Collar crimes in this administration. The CFPB was put in place because enforcement was lacking in those areas. That department has been destroyed.

    It will be at least 50 years. It's already been 50 with those clowns.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  13. #593
    RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    68,526

    Re: POTUS 45.31: "The Caravan is Coming.""The Caravan is Coming."

    It took a while, but the Trump University fraud case officially reached its end last week. The political fallout, however, hasn’t quite run its course.

    USA Today reported the other day on the end of the settlement agreement.

    A federal judge finalized the $25 million settlement between President Trump and students of his now shuttered Trump University on Monday, with New York’s attorney general claiming “victims of Donald Trump’s fraudulent university will finally receive the relief they deserve.”

    The order from U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel – the same Indiana-born judge Trump called biased because of his “Mexican heritage” – comes a year after he first approved the settlement. It marks the end of two class-action lawsuits and a civil lawsuit from New York accusing Trump of “swindling thousands of Americans out of millions of dollars through Trump University,” in the words of New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman.

    The circumstances are nothing short of bizarre: a sitting president of the United States has written a check for $25 million to a group of Americans who credibly claimed that he ripped them off by perpetrating a fraud.
    http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...d=sm_fb_maddow
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  14. #594
    \../ \../
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.
    Posts
    2,067

    Re: POTUS 45.31: "The Caravan is Coming.""The Caravan is Coming."

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Yes, but the CNN had Kellyanne Conway on this morning and all truth went out the window. The press should stop accepting people from the White House until they answer for all their lies.
    CNN seems to me to be one of the outlets where the outlandish does often get met with appropriate follow-up questions, especially when the anchor or reporter is one-on-one with a guest. What I hate most about CNN is their deference to the "panel" discussions, with 2 people from the Democratic party and 2 Republicans. You can often literally predict what each one will say in response to the other. It is ridiculous and a feeble attempt to look balanced. I hate balance. I only want truth.

  15. #595
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom
    Posts
    15,146

    Re: POTUS 45.31: "The Caravan is Coming.""The Caravan is Coming."

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    The mandate is gone. That kills Obamacare. Enforcement is based on resources. All resources have been pulled from White Collar crimes in this administration. The CFPB was put in place because enforcement was lacking in those areas. That department has been destroyed.

    It will be at least 50 years. It's already been 50 with those clowns.
    Again - absurd. The mandate never had any teeth to it and half the idiot public probably still thinks its in force after 2019 (when it would take effect).

    While you correct about enforcement, Chump choosing to go light on enforcement does not eliminate Dodd-Frank. Banks still have to have by law certain deposit and liquid capital levels for example. Furthermore, if you want the laws on the books to be enforced again, merely vote in a Dem Prez and problem solved.

    You do our side no good by spewing nonsense when we all know that you know better. Let the knuckledraggers own all the nonsense.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  16. #596
    \../ \../
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.
    Posts
    2,067

    Re: POTUS 45.31: "The Caravan is Coming.""The Caravan is Coming."

    The worst of the so-called mainstream outlets that I am familiar with is NPR. The anchors of their main morning and afternoon news broadcasts are among the worst for getting guests to answer questions, or for letting them make statements that clearly are mistaken or unjustified. Just this morning the COO of Starbucks was on and the first question asked was whether or not the staff racially profiled the men who were arrested there last week in the incident seen in the viral videos. She completely ignored the question and proceeded to make a generic statement. After a couple of other softball questions the host repeated the question and got yet another generic response about how all companies must learn from the things they do they don't go well and make proper changes. If you ask a question and the interviewee does not answer, how about calling them out on it with a simple "are you going to answer the question I just asked?" NPR has fallen so far in the last 10-15 years IMO. Actually wonder why I ever tune in anymore. I haven't been a contributing member since they dumped Bob Edwards in 2004.

  17. #597
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    4,402
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    The worst of the so-called mainstream outlets that I am familiar with is NPR. The anchors of their main morning and afternoon news broadcasts are among the worst for getting guests to answer questions, or for letting them make statements that clearly are mistaken or unjustified. Just this morning the COO of Starbucks was on and the first question asked was whether or not the staff racially profiled the men who were arrested there last week in the incident seen in the viral videos. She completely ignored the question and proceeded to make a generic statement. After a couple of other softball questions the host repeated the question and got yet another generic response about how all companies must learn from the things they do they don't go well and make proper changes. If you ask a question and the interviewee does not answer, how about calling them out on it with a simple "are you going to answer the question I just asked?" NPR has fallen so far in the last 10-15 years IMO. Actually wonder why I ever tune in anymore. I haven't been a contributing member since they dumped Bob Edwards in 2004.
    Do you really expect anything different from a corporate spokesperson? It’s a waste of time having someone like that on.

  18. #598
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Back down in Uptown
    Posts
    12,518

    Re: POTUS 45.31: "The Caravan is Coming.""The Caravan is Coming."

    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    CNN seems to me to be one of the outlets where the outlandish does often get met with appropriate follow-up questions, especially when the anchor or reporter is one-on-one with a guest. What I hate most about CNN is their deference to the "panel" discussions, with 2 people from the Democratic party and 2 Republicans. You can often literally predict what each one will say in response to the other. It is ridiculous and a feeble attempt to look balanced. I hate balance. I only want truth.
    Raw information - i.e., 6 oclock news - doesn't sell any more. I wouldn't watch it and I'm guessing you wouldn't either. Right, wrong or indifferent, People want context and implications. And all that is opinion...which subsequently they want to match their world view.

    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    The worst of the so-called mainstream outlets that I am familiar with is NPR. The anchors of their main morning and afternoon news broadcasts are among the worst for getting guests to answer questions, or for letting them make statements that clearly are mistaken or unjustified. Just this morning the COO of Starbucks was on and the first question asked was whether or not the staff racially profiled the men who were arrested there last week in the incident seen in the viral videos. She completely ignored the question and proceeded to make a generic statement. After a couple of other softball questions the host repeated the question and got yet another generic response about how all companies must learn from the things they do they don't go well and make proper changes. If you ask a question and the interviewee does not answer, how about calling them out on it with a simple "are you going to answer the question I just asked?" NPR has fallen so far in the last 10-15 years IMO. Actually wonder why I ever tune in anymore. I haven't been a contributing member since they dumped Bob Edwards in 2004.
    Not sure they're 'bad', but yeah. NPR appeals to an 'intellectual' crowd. They value thought provoking more than confrontational. It doesn't help that NPRs audience is probably predisposed to Starbucks to begin with.
    Go Gophers!

  19. #599
    Just a boring user.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Walking to Yost
    Posts
    9,707

    Re: POTUS 45.31: "The Caravan is Coming.""The Caravan is Coming."

    Some of you really need to look closer in our country's history about the news. You will see that some of our founding fathers supported news papers that only supported their side, and even made stuff up about the other side.

    I would have thought we got beyond that, but it's clear that we have not.

    Well over half of reporting news is selling news.

  20. #600
    RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    68,526

    Re: POTUS 45.31: "The Caravan is Coming.""The Caravan is Coming."

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Again - absurd. The mandate never had any teeth to it and half the idiot public probably still thinks its in force after 2019 (when it would take effect).

    While you correct about enforcement, Chump choosing to go light on enforcement does not eliminate Dodd-Frank. Banks still have to have by law certain deposit and liquid capital levels for example. Furthermore, if you want the laws on the books to be enforced again, merely vote in a Dem Prez and problem solved.

    You do our side no good by spewing nonsense when we all know that you know better. Let the knuckledraggers own all the nonsense.
    And none of that is anywhere near 13 trillion dollars and the Supreme Court for the next 50 years.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •