This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.31: "The Caravan is Coming.""The Caravan is Coming."

Trump used his charity to pay for a self portrait, but you think he wouldn't use campaign funds to pay for legal defense because it's illegal?

Trump refuses to pay vendors who complete the jobs they've been contracted for, but you think he'd just dish out $130k because it's pocket change?

I hope you have a good chiropractor.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      From your link:

The question becomes:
      Payment to the attorneys for ... what. If it fits the US FEC's criteria, is there a problem?

A campaign paying money to a law firm is just fine, as long as it's disclosed.
      Why do you believe all of the $ doled out was to, "pay legal bills arising from being a candidate or elected official"?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        so where's your outrage?
        When it is proven sure, drop the hammer hard; but, when it's speculation?
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Hannity can. Rush can. Alex Jones can. They do it every single day.
          I ain't them.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Why do you believe all of the $ doled out was to, "pay legal bills arising from being a candidate or elected official"?
            Why do you believe it wasn't?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
              Trump used his charity to pay for a self portrait, but you think he wouldn't use campaign funds to pay for legal defense because it's illegal?
              One is stupid* and tone deaf; one is illegal.

You and I would avoid both; others only fear the law.

*Scoob says Trump's no idiot however.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Rudy?
                I heard Rudy speak in person a year or more ago. Rudy ain't "9/11 Rudy" any more. To my observation his faculties were in decline at that time. He was having trouble delivering his message that day.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.b100cca6327f

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

If he later wants to leave the legal team, will he say he recently discovered he and the legal team are cousins?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

One is stupid* and tone deaf; one is illegal.

You and I would avoid both; others only fear the law.

*Scoob says Trump's no idiot however.
                    Wrong. It is illegal to use your charity to buy things for yourself or your business. Not stupid, nor tone deaf, illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                      Wrong. It is illegal to use your charity to buy things for yourself or your business. Not stupid, nor tone deaf, illegal.
                      Then why isn't he being charged and prosecuted for it?

Was the portrait for him or his business, or was it "office furnishings" for the charity's offices. <-- Yes, I've encountered something similar and stopped giving to that "charity". (Yes, I was duly outraged at that.)

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Was the portrait for him or his business, or was it "office furnishings" for the charity's offices. <-- Yes, I've encountered something similar and stopped giving to that "charity". (Yes, I was duly outraged at that.)
                        It was hung in his business, not his charity. And duh, because he is white and rich. But you go on biotching about Kaep kneeling.

Comment

When it is proven sure, drop the hammer hard; but, when it's speculation?
                          why do you need proof now? Speculation was good enough for you when it came to Hillary.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            why do you need proof now? Speculation was good enough for you when it came to Hillary.
                            No, my problem with Mrs. Clinton (we're not on first name basis) was that the FBI found a problem relating to classified on her home server.
                            That's not speculation.

“Although we did not find clear evidence that Secretary Clinton or her colleagues intended to violate laws governing the handling of classified information, there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information.”
                            Clinton’s emails included seven message chains with information classified as top secret.
                            “None of these emails should have been on any kind of unclassified system.”
                            http://www.latimes.com/politics/wash...htmlstory.html

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

No, my problem with Mrs. Clinton (we're not on first name basis) was that the FBI found a problem relating to classified on her home server.
                              That's not speculation.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/wash...htmlstory.html
                              And when presented with an actual crime that no one was charged with not 30 minutes ago you asked:

So what is it? You can't have it both ways.

Comment

15 months.
                                Every day that goes by makes me believe it less.

If Trump really wanted to do it he'd go full Twitter and start not just using the "witch hunt" meme but start in with "how much is this costing taxpayers". When that "uproar" ensued he'd claim he's just looking out for taxpayers and the will of the people and do it.
                                Nixon resigned 26 months AFTER the Watergate burglary and more than 5 years into his presidency. And the Watergate burglary and subsequent cover-ups were hardly his first illegal transgressions as president.

The only reason you think along the lines of "15 months. Every day that goes by...." is because we live in a 24/7 world where the news media literally needs something to feed to the public every single second of every single day. In the early 1970s we paid attention to the news when we sat and read a newspaper or when we tuned into the evening news. 15 months now would be like 20 years then.

This would also be a lot further down the road if half the politicians in D.C. weren't rank obstructionists either. The republican party does not want the truth known because it will hurt their brand and their messaging. It also does not help that most Americans pay far less critical attention to real news and politics and at least a third of the electorate (and probably closer to 40%) are dumber than a bag of rocks and believe everything said on CNN is absolutely fake. Most people, republicans included, came to the conclusion before Nixon resigned that he was guilty of impeachable acts. Now 85% of trump's party thinks he's actually doing a good job as president, let alone what they think about him personally (and most still have a favorable opinion of him as a person because of, well you know, that hypocrisy thing you conservatives are so well-schooled in). And even those republicans who are not enamored with him are loyal to the party first, second and third, and only get around to thinking about America when they want to make it great again, like it was in the 1950s when gay people knew to stay in the closet and black people were grateful we let them play sports in some towns.

But again sic, have no fear. Your boy will be president for another 3 years almost. But just in case I wouldn't stand next to him if he's near any Russians. They might miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X