Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45.31: "The Caravan is Coming.""The Caravan is Coming."

Re: POTUS 45.31: "The Caravan is Coming.""The Caravan is Coming."

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    In my opinion, Obama will be viewed much as John Marshall Harlan's dissent in Plessy. Keep in mind this was written in 1896:

Ahead of his time and surrounded by reactionaries from an ancien regime already crumbling, Obama's intellect and demeanor and eloquence and calm and kindness will be a model that all future presidents strive to emulate.

I also believe he is a harbinger of a coming era, when we begin again to free ourselves from the serfdom of the last fifty years' bowing and scraping before the Briber Class. But even if that's not true, nothing effaces his honor and manifestation of the best America offers the world.
    I've often wondered how Harlan's position could seem so intuitive now and yet so exceptional then. We know the answer, of course, but it still seems remarkable that only one of 9 supremes had his vision at that time. What is truly troubling is the thought of how many still think separate but equal is just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    HA! I also believe the Medicaid expansion is still with us and the 10M people getting insurance on the ACA exchanges might want to give Scooby a call.

Last time I checked GM is still with us as well.
    The Medicaid expansion is only in some places, yes? Here in Maine I believe we voted to implement it (by a significant margin IIRC) but once again our governor doesn't care about our vote and the legislature lacks the will to do anything about it.

Hey, that sounds familiar...

Obama doesn't get credit for GM. That was entirely thanks to Clint Eastwood's Super Bowl ad.

(((NPC)))

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    The Medicaid expansion is only in some places, yes? Here in Maine I believe we voted to implement it (by a significant margin IIRC) but once again our governor doesn't care about our vote and the legislature lacks the will to do anything about it.
    31 states I believe expanded and I have simple solution for the folks in Maine. It may sound crazy, but it just might work! Ready for it?

"Vote Democratic up and down the ballot this year" Then you get your Medicaid expansion.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Osama is still dead, although I am sure Sniffles is trying to find a way to revive him.
    That's an epic failure as well. We're still in Afghanistan. We learned nothing from history. EVER.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

31 states I believe expanded and I have simple solution for the folks in Maine. It may sound crazy, but it just might work! Ready for it?

"Vote Democratic up and down the ballot this year" Then you get your Medicaid expansion.
    And who will pay for it?

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    For another, history never ends. The fascists are in the ascent now but their days are numbered; that number may be hundreds or thousands, but it's not millions.....
    Reads like kep has become a believer in the laffer curve

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    And who will pay for it?
    Not the 1%. They just got another 13 trillion headed their way.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnBEYNsSlEE
    A bad cause requires many words.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Not the 1%. They just got another 13 trillion headed their way.
    Not many of them in Maine unfortunately. Some of them have land but donít pay any income tax to the state.

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

And who will pay for it?
    you will, if you keep voting Republican.

oh, that's right, you don't vote. don't bother being part of the solution. just keep beeching about the problem.

and oh yeah, if you keep voting Republican, there won't be a Medicare or Medicaid to pay for, so I guess you win.
    Last edited by rufus; 04-13-2018 at 12:37 PM.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

And who will pay for it?
    Already funded by Medicaid surcharge on the rich for starters.....
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

And who will pay for it?
    I'm so sick of this question. We have the money, it's a question of how we spend it. Our priorities have been messed up for decades.

I'm so sick of this question. We have the money, it's a question of how we spend it. Our priorities have been messed up for decades.
    We need a better system. Single payer and everyone pays whatever percentage of their income necessary to fund it. Solutions like expanding Medicare/Medicaid arenít going to fix anything.

(((NPC)))

Nah we should definitely give the DOD and the Pentagon all of our money and resources even when they tell us they dont want it!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Nah we should definitely give the DOD and the Pentagon all of our money and resources even when they tell us they dont want it!
    Hey, you want a good parade or not?

(((NPC)))

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

(((NPC)))

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    Hey, you want a good parade or not?
    Parades dont go well for my people

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

We need a better system. Single payer and everyone pays whatever percentage of their income necessary to fund it. Solutions like expanding Medicare/Medicaid arenít going to fix anything.
    Medicare for all could transition to Single Payer.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

(((NPC)))

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Thread Information