Albertus Magnus adds men's hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albertus Magnus adds men's hockey

Five GNAC schools now sponsoring men's hockey....

http://www.albertusfalcons.com/gener...20180404ekj3zp

Albertus Magnus in New Haven, Conn. in the 2019-20 season.

Albertus Magnus
    Anna Maria
    Suffolk
    Johnson & Wales
    Norwich
    Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 04-04-2018, 12:52 PM.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: Albertus Magnus adds men's hockey

1) Does the GNAC intend to start declaring themselves a conference within a conference like the MAC in the UCHC? The MAC schools named their own all-conference team, included them in their winter scholar-athlete recognition released, etc...

2) Do you envision any more GNAC schools lacing up the skates any time soon?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
      1) Does the GNAC intend to start declaring themselves a conference within a conference like the MAC in the UCHC? The MAC schools named their own all-conference team, included them in their winter scholar-athlete recognition released, etc...

No clue on No. 1. As far as I know, there haven't been any discussions on that front.

There have been some more rumors of schools on the women's side discussing potentially adding but at this point, it's just rumors.

There are four women's schools that will be sponsoring hockey in 2018-19 with Anna Maria, Suffolk, JWU and Norwich.

I'm sure with this recent news though there will start to be some talk about it the next AD meetings.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

How many more teams until they add 13 for the end-of-year tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by d3hockey57 View Post
          How many more teams until they add 13 for the end-of-year tournament?
          Access ratio is 6.5, so the committee can apply for the 13th spot after the number of programs hits 85.

KRACH has 81 DIII teams, add Wilkes, Anna Maria and Albertus Magnus and there's 84 (I'm assuming KRACH didn't leave anyone out as I don't have time to hand count right now). It looks like they need one more unless I'm forgetting an announced program.
          Last edited by Scott_TG; 04-04-2018, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            Five GNAC schools now sponsoring men's hockey....

http://www.albertusfalcons.com/gener...20180404ekj3zp

Albertus Magnus in New Haven, Conn. in the 2019-20 season.

Albertus Magnus
            Anna Maria
            Suffolk
            Johnson & Wales
            Norwich
            Am I wrong? From my read of the announcement story ... outdoor rink?

Comment

Access ratio is 6.5, so the committee can apply for the 13th spot after the number of programs hits 85.

KRACH has 81 DIII teams, add Wilkes, Anna Maria and Albertus Magnus and there's 84 (I'm assuming KRACH didn't leave anyone out as I don't have time to hand count right now). It looks like they need one more unless I'm forgetting an announced program.
              Did I hear someone mention KRACH?

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                Am I wrong? From my read of the announcement story ... outdoor rink?
                From reading about the rink on other articles and looking at pics, it's open air as opposed to fully outdoors. There's a roof but sides are missing allowing the flow of fresh air.

Comment

From reading about the rink on other articles and looking at pics, it's open air as opposed to fully outdoors. There's a roof but sides are missing allowing the flow of fresh air.
                  Oh...a new Cooler

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

What's the beer policy with outdoor rinks?

Comment

If there are no walls, it is outdoors with a roof to keep the rain/snow off the ice. Since New Havne is not that far north, it probably wouldn't be a "cooler," but more a "fresh air" venue.
                      Last edited by NUProf; 04-04-2018, 11:53 PM.
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

The GNAC could (if it wants) add two or more associate members and recognize hockey as a conference sport. Doing so would probably bring an end to the NEHC. I hope that doesn't happen, and maybe it won't.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                          The GNAC could (if it wants) add two or more associate members and recognize hockey as a conference sport. Doing so would probably bring an end to the NEHC. I hope that doesn't happen, and maybe it won't.
                          But then the GNAC would have to wait for 2 years for the AQ?

Don't forget that the LEC will also have 5 when Castleton joins the fold this summer.

Expansion is causing headaches.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Don't forget that the LEC will also have 5 when Castleton joins the fold this summer.

Expansion is causing headaches.
                            Fishy will like it.....fewer AQs

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              I thought that rule only applied to one sport conferences.

Comment

Working...
                              X