Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The 2017 Poser of the Year

Made in the USA

Re: The 2017 Poser of the Year

Round 1 voting complete. Yes, aparch, you made it out of the first round. Walnut Tree Inn was the Group of Death, La Lanterna the cupcake group.

Round 2 will be up shortly.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

"Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Made in the USA

Momma Cherri's looking like the group of death.

I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.

Made in the USA

Round 2 voting complete. As expected, Momma Cherri's was the unalloyed group of death, while the cupcake group goes to Oscar's.

You'll see the quarterfinals in a little bit.

Welp, it was an honor to be a one-and-done.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

I'm not sure I've ever even seen a MaizeRage post. He must do some pretty amazing business on game threads.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    I'm not sure I've ever even seen a MaizeRage post. He must do some pretty amazing business on game threads.
    He does some nice work in the social issue/pol threads. It's quality, not quantity, that counts with him.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

I might as well ask. This year the thread titles appear to refer to various obscure (at least to me) restaurants around the world. Why were they picked?

He really doesn't even post a lot in the game threads. In fact, I'd guess he posts more over here in Cafe now than he does in the game threads.

If you ever read a one sentence (or maybe two sentence) post in Cafe and think to yourself, "well, that was snarky," it was probably Maize. I know he doesn't like me, primarily due to what he thinks my politics are and the fact that I'm from North Dakota and attended UND. North Dakota fans can sometimes be pretty obnoxious and annoying to blog writers like Maize. But I actually really like his hockey writing and analysis. And his tweets can be pretty funny.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    He really doesn't even post a lot in the game threads. In fact, I'd guess he posts more over here in Cafe now than he does in the game threads.

If you ever read a one sentence (or maybe two sentence) post in Cafe and think to yourself, "well, that was snarky," it was probably Maize. I know he doesn't like me, primarily due to what he thinks my politics are and the fact that I'm from North Dakota and attended UND. North Dakota fans can sometimes be pretty obnoxious and annoying to blog writers like Maize. But I actually really like his hockey writing and analysis. And his tweets can be pretty funny.
    Isn’t he in the media business for College Hockey?

I know he used to attend a lot of games in Mankato.

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Lotta rage in his posts....

Quote Originally Posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Isn’t he in the media business for College Hockey?

I know he used to attend a lot of games in Mankato.
    I think he started the Western College Hockey blog, and eventually merged it into SBNation's college hockey site, where I think he's the managing editor.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    I think he started the Western College Hockey blog, and eventually merged it into SBNation's college hockey site, where I think he's the managing editor.
    That’s my understanding as well.

It's Chris Dilks, the Michigan fan who moonlights as a Minnesota State fan and the SBN College Hockey blogger. You'll see him pop in occasionally to pile on when a conservative is getting pounded. He's the new Foxton.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    It's Chris Dilks, the Michigan fan who moonlights as a Minnesota State fan and the SBN College Hockey blogger. You'll see him pop in occasionally to pile on when a conservative is getting pounded. He's the new Foxton.
    Shots fired. Dayum. Wanna know a funny fact? He bankrolled me in my online poker days. 60-40 split his way, which was fine with me. I made my money.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Shots fired. Dayum.
    You have to admit, reading his nastier posts, the style bears an uncanny resemblance.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

Really, his posts drip nasty
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Lucia Apologist

So we’ve got Brent, Joe, Kepler, Rover, and Maize poised to go to the finals. Oof. Talk about an upset-free tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    So we’ve got Brent, Joe, Kepler, Rover, and Maize poised to go to the finals. Oof. Talk about an upset-free tournament.
    Flag's not even gonna get out of Round 3. That seems like an upset to me.

Guess this is what HST meant: "when the going gets weird the weird turn pro."
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Made in the USA

Flag's not even gonna get out of Round 3. That seems like an upset to me.

Guess this is what HST meant: "when the going gets weird the weird turn pro."
    It'd be the first time since becoming an entrant that I miss the semis. Not sure if good or bad thing...

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    It'd be the first time since becoming an entrant that I miss the semis. Not sure if good or bad thing...
    That's because enough people now know you're not a poser, you're a hired arm of Infowarts.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Thread Information