X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ***UND 2018 Off Season Thread***

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    Happy offseason, boys.

Mrs. MCR and I are heading up for the Nov. 2 - 3 weekend. There's a good possibility of a bus trip with WI Hockey Backers.
    If not, we'll drive up. I could get some info here in Madison but in YOUR opinions, where should we stay, hang out, eat?

This will be my virgin trip to "The Ralph" even though I made a few trips to the old Winter Sports Center in the good ol' days.

I'm looking forward to my return, I just hope my warrants have expired.
    The Townhouse is close to downtown. The restaurant inside has $11.99 Prime rib Friday and Saturday. The bar fills up before and after the hockey game. They provide a bus to the game and the ticket is $4.00, but includes a free drink upon return. Just keep the bus ticket to redeem. If you want to party with the young college kids downtown bars are within walking distance.
    "My greatest achievement."
    Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Happy offseason, boys.

Mrs. MCR and I are heading up for the Nov. 2 - 3 weekend. There's a good possibility of a bus trip with WI Hockey Backers.
      If not, we'll drive up. I could get some info here in Madison but in YOUR opinions, where should we stay, hang out, eat?

This will be my virgin trip to "The Ralph" even though I made a few trips to the old Winter Sports Center in the good ol' days.

If you aren’t picky about a hotel and want a cheap clean room I’d suggest the Plaza Motel in East Grand Forks. Drinking and eating joints all within 2 blocks. Only thing is no continental breakfast
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Happy offseason, boys.

Good to hear, Rich. GF can't match Madison for venue options, but you've gotten some good advice for hockey experiences. Hopefully, the tips will keep coming. I know you've had a soft spot for the Sioux over the years when they were not playing your Badgers, so I hope you and Mrs. have a great time. Lose, but have a great time.

Oh, and be sure to look into trauma centers, because you and Mrs. are not going to have an easy time dealing with what happens on the ice.
        Last edited by burd; 06-18-2018, 06:02 PM.

Comment

First 2019 Draft Rankings I've seen:

https://futureconsiderations.ca/top-rankings-2019/

61. Blaisdell

63. Rizzo

75. Caulfield

77. Donovan

87. Mancinelli
          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            Good to hear, Rich. GF can't match Madison for venue options, but you've gotten some good advice for hockey experiences. Hopefully, the tips will keep coming. I know you've had a soft spot for the Sioux over the years when they were not playing your Badgers, so I hope you and Mrs. have a great time. Lose, but have a great time. Oh, and be sure to look into trauma centers, because you and Mrs. are not going to have an easy time dealing with what happens on the ice.
            I see plenty of facilities with walking distance on campus where my wife can carry me.

We might make a week long trip starting in Rochester where MCR Jr lives. Then eventually get to GF a day or 2 early if we aren't on a bus trip just to do stuff. I really like visiting campuses like Marquette, Houghton/Hancock, Duluth, UND, where it's pretty much hockey.
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

No wonder the Wild have never won a Cup
              https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...d-bound-player
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

UND has a first-round pick coming this fall. Incoming rookie defenseman Jacob Bernard-Docker goes No. 26 overall to the Ottawa Senators.
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                  UND has a first-round pick coming this fall. Incoming rookie defenseman Jacob Bernard-Docker goes No. 26 overall to the Ottawa Senators.
                  I did not see that coming but I am just a poor farmer.

Comment

San Jose Sharks take UND commit Jasper Weatherby at No. 102 in the fourth round. Weatherby's stock skyrocketed this season.
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Carter Rowney signs a 3 year deal for 3.4 mil with the Ducks.
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I see Oshie's day with the cup is July 24th. Wonder if he will bring it to Grand Forks....
                        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                          I see Oshie's day with the cup is July 24th. Wonder if he will bring it to Grand Forks....
                          If he does I’m there
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

2 former Fighting Sioux have passed away
                            https://fightinghawks.com/news/2018/...champions.aspx
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

TJ loving life
                              https://russianmachineneverbreaks.co...zzling-helmet/
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                                No GF. Taking it it Warroad which in my opinion is the right call.
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X