Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2018.1: ...And The Nationals Will Not Make It Out of the First Round

1st pitch he sees in AA and this happens..

http://www.secsports.com/watch/video/23044114
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
      DiMaggio and his ego could fill a book all on its own...
      For good reason
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
        When I was just a snot-nosed boy, my folks took me to his restaurant on Fisherman's Wharf in SF. He was alone at his table waiting for his food, and they took me up to him to say hello (great parents who were polite and respectful in every way, but we're all rural midwestern hicks). He was surprisingly gracious and signed a dinner napkin for me. I can't believe my folks did that, but I guess he expected it when he dined out in the open there.

I've heard stories, though.
        Peter Hammond has a story about being in Boston with his mom and stopping to eat lunch in a hotel. Roger maris was there eating by himself and peter said his mom told him to go ask for an auto. Peter writes he declined because he didn’t want to interrupt maris. He continued that after roger was done, he got up and walked past Peter and his mom and stopped, asking why when he saw them looking and talking they didn’t approach him. Peter responded that he wanted to give maris his privacy.

Maris noodled and pulled out a piece of paper and signed his autograph for Peter, gave it to him and thanked him.

One of those stories you hope was true.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Peter Hammond has a story about being in Boston with his mom and stopping to eat lunch in a hotel. Roger maris was there eating by himself and peter said his mom told him to go ask for an auto. Peter writes he declined because he didn’t want to interrupt maris. He continued that after roger was done, he got up and walked past Peter and his mom and stopped, asking why when he saw them looking and talking they didn’t approach him. Peter responded that he wanted to give maris his privacy.

Maris noodled and pulled out a piece of paper and signed his autograph for Peter, gave it to him and thanked him.

Yes, you do.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

I think Roger Maris was probably a pretty nice guy. I got to meet him once in Fargo, shortly before he died, while I was in town for a wedding. A pretty quiet guy, he struck me as being shy. He was kind enough to autograph a baseball for me.

The West Acres Mall in Fargo has a nice little museum dedicated to Roger that is worth a stop should you ever find yourself in Fargo. I haven't been there for years, but I know they have quite a few of the 61 home run balls from 1961 and a short little movie that they play regarding his career. It used to be free, but as I said, I haven't stopped by for many years so I don't know if that's still true.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              1st pitch he sees in AA and this happens..

http://www.secsports.com/watch/video/23044114
              Satan is involved in this somehow, I know it.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Satan is involved in this somehow, I know it.
                or god...
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  or god...
                  The Scriptures also say, "You must not test the LORD your God." -- Luke 4:12
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The Denver Post ran a feature about opening day at the new and improved Coors Field...and led off with a full-page picture of Citizens Bank Park.
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                      The Denver Post ran a feature about opening day at the new and improved Coors Field...and led off with a full-page picture of Citizens Bank Park.
                      The Denver Post is kind of a joke. I mean, any newspaper that employs Mike Chambers cannot be taken seriously.
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Interesting play in Orioles-Yankees.

Sanchez is on second, Stanton on third. Stanton gets caught in rundown, Sanchez advances to third in the mean time. Stanton then runs back, touches third, then runs into left field, where he is tagged out. Umpires rule only Stanton out. Buck Showalter comes out saying that Sanchez should also be out as he technically passed Stanton when he ran past third. Umpires stick with just the one out. Yankees announcer then reads a case play from the rule book that is the exact situation that just happened, with the interpretation being that it should have been a double play.

Looks like the Orioles are now protesting, but they got an out the next play and did not have any runs scored, so I don't see how they would have an argument that it affected the game if they do end up losing.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                          DiMaggio and his ego could fill a book all on its own...
                          It did, and I read it.

Comment

Maybe its time to have the Ohtani talk. He is raking on this homestand. A HR in 3 consecutive games, including off Kluber.
                            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Check back with me in a couple months, after the league has had a look at him.
                              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                Check back with me in a couple months, after the league has had a look at him.
                                We've had 36,305 looks at you. Don't be too surprised if we don't check back.

Comment

Working...
                                X