Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2018.1: ...And The Nationals Will Not Make It Out of the First Round

Gleyber Torres promoted to the big club in the Bronx. AAA manager sits him for game today, only telling him it wasn't disciplinary. After the game, he tells Torres about the promotion in front of the whole team, celebration ensues.

Too bad he isn't a pitcher though...

Comment

Game in Oakland is getting interesting. A's 9 outs from a no no.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Game in Oakland is getting interesting. A's 9 outs from a no no.
        Boston got a hit in the 6th...
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Bruins lose a clinching game 5 the same night the Red Sox get no hit.....because of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            Boston got a hit in the 6th...
            no. benintendi was ruled out for running outside the baseline. leon reached on an error.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
              no. benintendi was ruled out for running outside the baseline. leon reached on an error.
              Ah, ok...ESPN still had it as a hit when I looked.
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Bruins lose a clinching game 5 the same night the Red Sox get no hit.....because of course.
                It's too bad nothing ever works out for you poor Boston sports fans.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                  Saucers of milk for sale, $5! It's a steal! Get 'em while you can!
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I'm screaming!!!!! MANAEA!!
                    https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

• Originally posted by jen View Post
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        were you at either?
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

MY BAD EVERYONE!!!! I’m really sorry!!! I totally forgot I’m not supposed to make any kind of comments about the Boston sports teams I follow, especially if they’re the least bit negative. Or even snarky. Or making any kind of observations that might be misconstrued as me feeling sorry for myself. This isn’t the first time I’ve been called out on it so you’d think I know better, right? When will I learn? Big sigh. Will try to do better - I promise!! Bear with me.

Comment

If that drop by the short stop halfway into centerfield happens in the 1st or 2nd, it's a hit instead of an error.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              MY BAD EVERYONE!!!! I’m really sorry!!! I totally forgot I’m not supposed to make any kind of comments about the Boston sports teams I follow, especially if they’re the least bit negative. Or even snarky. Or making any kind of observations that might be misconstrued as me feeling sorry for myself. This isn’t the first time I’ve been called out on it so you’d think I know better, right? When will I learn? Big sigh. Will try to do better - I promise!! Bear with me.
                              It is infuriating to listen to someone who has seen every single one of their teams win at least one championship act as if nothing ever turns out in their team’s favor. That is the point. Not just “negative comments”, but the “nothing ever works out for us” or “of course they didn’t win” bull****. Given how rare championships are for the majority of teams, it shows a total lack of perspective.

Comment

• Originally posted by jen View Post
                                It is infuriating to listen to someone who has seen every single one of their teams win at least one championship act as if nothing ever turns out in their team’s favor. That is the point. Not just “negative comments”, but the “nothing ever works out for us” or “of course they didn’t win” bull****. Given how rare championships are for the majority of teams, it shows a total lack of perspective.
                                Not if a fan always expects to win
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X