Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2018.1: ...And The Nationals Will Not Make It Out of the First Round

479 ft per statcast. Longest in Fenway since statcast began in 2015.

Comment

Gotta love Minnesota sports.

the state of hockey is good

Comment

I see Denver is having one of its 300 days of sunshine for todays game.
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
          I see Denver is having one of its 300 days of sunshine for todays game.
          Yeah, it is unusually cloudy here today. There's also a mist (at least where I live...about 30 miles east of downtown), and below average temperatures, which has made it pretty chilly. I certainly would not want to be playing baseball...a feeling I apparently share with the Rockies.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

High school teams can execute fundamentals better than some major league teams. LA is just as likely to score a runner from first as they are to score him from 3rd with fewer than 2 outs or from second with no outs, not because the offense is so prolific, but because if they can't hit it out of the park they can't score. If I wasn't a Dodgers fan, I couldn't watch them play. Watching them fail to score without hitting a home run (which is the norm for plenty of other teams too) has become predictable. When they had runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs and a 3-0 count on Muncy in the 9th I sent a text to my cousin saying "game over." He thought I meant Muncy was gonna drive in runs and reminded me LA would have to get three outs in the bottom of the 9th. I let him know I meant, no, game over as in LA is gonna to make 3 straight outs without scoring.

Comment

Cleveland fans suddenly happy there was no primetime games in this series. Less embarrassment.
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

The Indians were 39-18 against CHW/DET/KC (combined .379) and 52-53 against everyone else
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  Cleveland fans suddenly happy there was no primetime games in this series. Less embarrassment.
                  Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  The Indians were 39-18 against CHW/DET/KC (combined .379) and 52-53 against everyone else
                  That’s been the story of the AL central for the vast majority of the last 20-whatever years.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    The Indians were 39-18 against CHW/DET/KC (combined .379)
                    39-18 isn't that impressive against 3 teams that averaged more 100 losses this season.

Comment

Brock Holt completes the cycle by hitting a dinger off a position player. *.

That's the first postseason cycle, ever.

Comment

Is Luis Severino rapidly becoming the David Price of the Yankees, last week's wildcard performance notwithstanding?
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                          Is Luis Severino rapidly becoming the David Price of the Yankees, last week's wildcard performance notwithstanding?
                          Even during that WCG, to be honest. Even though we struggled to hit him, dude utterly lost his command and wound up walking a bunch of guys. If we didn't whiff with the bases loaded we may be talking about a totally different game.
                          https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
                          https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                          NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                          Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            Imagine if Boston got to play 57 games against the Orioles. They probably would've had 120 wins.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                              Imagine if Boston got to play 57 games against the Orioles. They probably would've had 120 wins.
                              I read this as if you were implying 2 wins for each game played vs the Orioles.
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                                I think it's still quite early to make a call on that, no? Only his second postseason.

Comment

Working...
                                X