This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Mike Scioscia will step down after this season.
    I was watching part of the Angles/Indians game today and he said he hasn’t made a decision.

Comment

• Re: MLB 2018.1: ...And The Nationals Will Not Make It Out of the First Round

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      I was watching part of the Angles/Indians game today and he said he hasn’t made a decision.
      There are reports that state denial of his stepping down. And he was pizzed at the prelim reports.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Shoutout to the Red Sox for sweeping the Yankees in four and, coupled with the A's sweep of the Tigers (in which we didn't give up a single earned run), putting us 2.5 back of the first wild card.
        https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
        https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
        NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
        Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Boston now has the biggest division lead in MLB. In fact, they’re 8 games clear of the rest of the league.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            Boston now has the biggest division lead in MLB. In fact, they’re 8 games clear of the rest of the league.
            As a lifetime Red Sox fan and was 9 years old in 1964 for the other league, no lead is safe until they put the x by your name.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              As a lifetime Red Sox fan and was 9 years old in 1964 for the other league, no lead is safe until they put the x by your name.
              Even if they end up with the 113 wins they are on pace for doesn't guarantee anything. Just ask the 116 win 2001 Mariners, 116 win 1906 Cubs or 111 win 1954 Indians to name a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigus Paulus View Post
                Even if they end up with the 113 wins they are on pace for doesn't guarantee anything. Just ask the 116 win 2001 Mariners, 116 win 1906 Cubs or 111 win 1954 Indians to name a few.
                Considering how the 1907 and 1908 seasons wound up, I think the 1906 Cubs are fine with their season.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  Considering how the 1907 and 1908 seasons wound up, I think the 1906 Cubs are fine with their season.
                  At this point I don't think they're too worried about much of anything.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    I was simply pointing out that winning a record pile of games in the regular season doesn't guarantee any post season success and nothing more. I'm sure all three of those teams would gladly trade a few of those W's for a WS regardless what happened in following seasons.

As for the Cubs, winning back to back WS in '07 and '08, took some of the sting out of losing in '06.
                    Last edited by Bigus Paulus; 08-06-2018, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigus Paulus View Post
                      I was simply pointing out that winning a record pile of games in the regular season doesn't guarantee any post season success and nothing more. I'm sure all three of those teams would gladly trade a few of those W's for a WS regardless what happened in following seasons.
                      See also: The NHL's Presidents' Trophy.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

"I'll take, 'WHO GIVES A ******', for $500 Alex"

Jeezus people no one said regular season results are automatically predictive of post-season results but would anyone not in the driver's seat (or not even close) not trade positions with the Red Sox right now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          "I'll take, 'WHO GIVES A ******', for $500 Alex"

Jeezus people no one said regular season results are automatically predictive of post-season results but would anyone not in the driver's seat (or not even close) not trade positions with the Red Sox right now?
                          It all depends on who the Russians side with, Slap

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                            It all depends on who the Russians side with, Slap
                            They always side with Wisconsin, burd.

Better dead than Red!!

Comment

Okay, this is a new take after an ejection:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3jjQZH5hn_4

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                Okay, this is a new take after an ejection:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3jjQZH5hn_4
                                I give this a 9.5/10.... That is probably the most creative way I've seen an umpire ridiculed. As a fellow ump, I just have to tip my cap and give credit when it's due. I really wish I could see a camera on the Field Umpire to see his reaction.

Also, last night saw the Dogs' coach handing 3rd base off to a kid in the stands after he gets tossed. The kid and his friends' reaction is classic . Independent baseball at it's finest!
                                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                                X