This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    The Orioles are already 40 1/2 games out of first. Their elimination number is down to 23.

They could very well be eliminated by August 15.

On July 21, 1962, the Mets were 24-68 and 37 1/2 out of first in the National League. They came home 40-120.
    On July 21, 2003, the Tigers were 26-71 and 28 games out. They finished 43-119.
    And they get Boston this week.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Re: MLB 2018.1: ...And The Nationals Will Not Make It Out of the First Round

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      And they get Boston this week.
      With Manny Machado gone, I'm not sure how much it's going to matter.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Syndergaard to the DL with, and I swear I am not making this up...hand foot and mouth disease.

Meet the Mets, meet the Mets...
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
          Syndergaard to the DL with, and I swear I am not making this up...hand foot and mouth disease.

I picked that up from my daughter a few weeks ago.

It was not fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

@ToddZola: Looks like Noah Syndergaard's recovery from hand, foot and mouth disease will be a little longer than Josh Hader's recovery from foot in mouth disease.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
              I picked that up from my daughter a few weeks ago.

It was not fun.
              Got it a few years ago. I worked from home for a few days not because I was incapacitated, but because there was a woman in our department who was pregnant. The worst part was all the jokes about "Be glad you're not a cow."

Comment

• Originally posted by CLS View Post
                Got it a few years ago. I worked from home for a few days not because I was incapacitated, but because there was a woman in our department who was pregnant. The worst part was all the jokes about "Be glad you're not a cow."
                Then you would have been sent to Plum Island Animal Disease Center.

They go in and never come out.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I know it's a weeknight game, but when the Rays can't get a half full stadium with the Yankees in town... Well. Sad.

Comment

Wow. Ugly, ugly night for Gary Sanchez. In the fourth inning, he jogs after a passed ball, and the runner scores from second in a game the Yankees lose by one run. In the ninth, with the bases loaded, he grounds to second. The Rays botch the play force at second, but they still have time to get Sanchez at first because he jogs the first fifty feet.

Can’t wait to see the Daily News and the Post tomorrow. I suspect he’ll get skewered.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                      Wow. Ugly, ugly night for Gary Sanchez. In the fourth inning, he jogs after a passed ball, and the runner scores from second in a game the Yankees lose by one run. In the ninth, with the bases loaded, he grounds to second. The Rays botch the play force at second, but they still have time to get Sanchez at first because he jogs the first fifty feet.

Can’t wait to see the Daily News and the Post tomorrow. I suspect he’ll get skewered.
                      Already getting ripped on Twitter. Apparently his avg HR trot is faster than his 1B trot tonight.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Wow. Ugly, ugly night for Gary Sanchez. In the first inning, he jogs after a passed ball, and the runner scores from second in a game the Yankees lose by one run. In the ninth, with the bases loaded, he grounds to second. The Rays botch the play force at second, but they still have time to get Sanchez at first because he jogs the first fifty feet.

Semantics, but ftfy. Ya, he didn't do himself any favors tonight. Whole team was pretty lifeless until the 6th, and Severino didn't deliver for the 3rd outing in a row. I truly didn't expect Boone would send him out for the 6th, given he was approaching 90 pitches and the bullpen was rested after the rainout last night.

Per statcast, fwiw, he was about .8 seconds slower than his typical average home to first. Probably would have been enough.

Comment

Khris Davis is heating up again, look out everyone...

we're coming for that spot Seattle
                          https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                          https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                          NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                          Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

https://sports.yahoo.com/tim-tebow-w...175210020.html

Mets. Must. End. The. Season!

Comment

• Originally posted by CLS View Post

Daily News fired 1/2 the news staff yesterday. Doubt they even care right now.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

And to make matters even funnier, Austin Romine was the Yankees' Heart and Hustle Award winner, which was announced today
                                https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                                https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                                NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                                Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Working...
                                X