Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MLB 2018.1: ...And The Nationals Will Not Make It Out of the First Round

All Time: Nolan Ryan or Fernando Valenzuela
    Active: Hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      All Time: Nolan Ryan or Fernando Valenzuela
      Active: Hmmm
      Interesting. Both pitchers and both obviously very good, but very . . . what, styles?

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        Active: Ichiro
        All time: Griffey or Schmidt.
        Griffey would be my second choice for all time favorites.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

All time: Kirby Puckett. Griffey and Sandberg are close seconds. I had a Kirby poster on my wall as a kid that’s framed in my basement now.
          Last edited by jen; 04-02-2018, 03:34 PM.

Comment

"He's following his own footsteps."

So...he's walking in a circle?

Comment

All-Time: Griffey Jr.
              Active: I have no idea

But really they pale in comparison to Puckett, Radke, Cuddyer, Punto, Neshek, and and some other short listers. As in, if Puckett was a 100, Griffey Jr. would be about a 15 or 20. The next would be probably in the single digits. I suppose Maddux would be second. But he rates lower because of how much I liked Radke.

I went through a list of the top 100 actives and couldn't find a guy on there I thought would be on my list.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                All-Time: Griffey Jr.
                Active: I have no idea

But really they pale in comparison to Puckett, Radke, Cuddyer, Punto, Neshek, and and some other short listers. As in, if Puckett was a 100, Griffey Jr. would be about a 15 or 20. The next would be probably in the single digits. I suppose Maddux would be second. But he rates lower because of how much I liked Radke.

I went through a list of the top 100 actives and couldn't find a guy on there I thought would be on my list.
                Probably means your a Twins fan more than a baseball fan. Nothing wrong with that.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  Probably means your a Twins fan more than a baseball fan. Nothing wrong with that.
                  See, that's the thing. I don't think that's true. I'll listen or watch other teams during the season if it's a decent game. I just don't like other teams players for the most part.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'll revise mine.

Current:
                    Kershaw (played for my hometown low-A club)
                    Syndergaard (his changeup hits 92. His CHANGEUP.)
                    Ichiro (a walking meme)

All-time:
                    Frank Thomas (unstoppable on MLB Triple Play 96 on Genesis...turn the camera from hitter cam to overhead cam, if he makes contact it's a 450-foot moonshot to left, end of story)
                    Kenny Lofton (miss those 90's Indians teams that couldn't quite win it all)
                    Rickey Henderson (what can I say, I like speedy leadoff guys that make it rain bases and give opposing managers night sweats)
                    Vince Coleman (best nickname ever, Vincent Van Go, plus LOL tarp machine)
                    Ozzie Smith (legendary glove)
                    Ken Griffey Jr. (sure, throw him on there)
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Re: MLB 2018.1: ...And The Nationals Will Not Make It Out of the First Round

Mantle was something to behold before his knee injury--at the plate or in the field. Like Orr in that regard, though more like Hull in his sheer physicality and Hollywood good looks. And so loved that Maris really did not stand a chance of being appreciated as much as he deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                        Mantle was something to behold before his knee injury--at the plate or in the field. Like Orr in that regard, though more like Hull in his sheer physicality and Hollywood good looks. And so loved that Maris really did not stand a chance of being appreciated as much as he deserved.
                        That means that Mantle basically had half a season at the major league level.
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

All-time: Cal Ripken, Jr or Gary Carter

Active: No idea.
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

All-time: Ken Griffey Jr.
                            Current: Not sure.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                              Random question. Who's your favorite player that is not associated with your favorite team? (i.e. has never played for them)
                              BETCH!

Nolan (former)
                              Prob Kershaw (current)
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                That means that Mantle basically had half a season at the major league level.
                                Before its effect really started to slow him down. I don't know his post injury medical history (the drain tile thing), but he was hobbled, not just by the alcoholism.

Comment

Working...
                                X