This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Kinda, El Tri has been fined and they have had the players do a PSA but they haven’t had a significant punishment.
    Definitely audible in Russia this summer.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      Definitely audible in Russia this summer.
      It’s always audible despite efforts to block it out.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        So? Everything in baseball comes in cycles. Let's get through this season before MLB starts making knee-jerk reactions to non-existant problems.

For example: Eliminating intentional walks. That saved how many seconds a game? Yeah, because throwing three dozen pitches to first an inning isn't a time waster.
        Pitch clock between half innings. Does MLB even enforce them? Doesn't ESPN have like four minutes of commercials per half inning?
        Limiting mound visits. Yep, that's really helped trim down games.

I would bet that if a study was done on the length of games this season that the shortest games are the Non-Televised or Facebook only games. Followed by regional sportsnet games. Then by FOX Saturday. Then ESPN.

I hate the "ZOMG The sky is falling!" reaction the MLB office has had these last few years.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: MLB 2018.1: ...And The Nationals Will Not Make It Out of the First Round

Television in general adds roughly 3 minutes per full inning, so 25-27 minutes per game. Players have said in the past that they need about 90 seconds per half inning to get on and off the field. TV takes ~3 minutes per half inning. There’s your biggest jump over the past 40 years or so.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            So? Everything in baseball comes in cycles. Let's get through this season before MLB starts making knee-jerk reactions to non-existant problems.

For example: Eliminating intentional walks. That saved how many seconds a game? Yeah, because throwing three dozen pitches to first an inning isn't a time waster.
            Pitch clock between half innings. Does MLB even enforce them? Doesn't ESPN have like four minutes of commercials per half inning?
            Limiting mound visits. Yep, that's really helped trim down games.

I would bet that if a study was done on the length of games this season that the shortest games are the Non-Televised or Facebook only games. Followed by regional sportsnet games. Then by FOX Saturday. Then ESPN.

I hate the "ZOMG The sky is falling!" reaction the MLB office has had these last few years.
            Obviously we need to eliminate sliders, curveballs, cutters, split-fingered fastballs, knuckle balls, and anything else with movement.

What, too far?
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
              Obviously we need to eliminate sliders, curveballs, cutters, split-fingered fastballs, knuckle balls, and anything else with movement.

What, too far?
              You forgot overhand throwing.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Replay controversy in Oakland. Josh Reddick appeared to have thrown out Ramon Laureano at the plate in the 9th, but it was overturned after a review and the A's tie the game at 3.

Here's the play. What do you think? https://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam...sset_2500K.mp4
                Last edited by TovarishchLisa; 08-18-2018, 12:38 AM.
                https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

And matt olson walks it off!!!

Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Sale back on DL.
                    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

A's beat the Astros 7-1 and are now tied with Houston for the AL West!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                        A's beat the Astros 7-1 and are now tied with Houston for the AL West!!!
                        Yeah, no one cares.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          Yeah, no one cares.
                          You cared enough to comment.

I do think it is quite significant that a team that many projected to lose 85-90 games this year (BR had us at 72-90, RotoChamp at 77-85, USA Today at 74-88) is tied for first with the defending World Champs on August 18 with a 74-49 record, no big names (though Matt Chapman *is* 5th in fWAR, only behind Jose Ramirez, Mookie, Trout, and Lindor...) and a ragtag rotation that's basically Sean Manaea and a bunch of journeymen because everyone else needed Tommy John

Comment

So, the team I mentioned in the title of this thread... they won't even make it to the first round, denying me the pleasure of watching them get swept in the first round.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                              You cared enough to comment.

I do think it is quite significant that a team that many projected to lose 85-90 games this year (BR had us at 72-90, RotoChamp at 77-85, USA Today at 74-88) is tied for first with the defending World Champs on August 18 with a 74-49 record, no big names (though Matt Chapman *is* 5th in fWAR, only behind Jose Ramirez, Mookie, Trout, and Lindor...) and a ragtag rotation that's basically Sean Manaea and a bunch of journeymen because everyone else needed Tommy John
                              Drunk and bored is not the same as caring.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                Drunk and bored is not the same as caring.
                                You have never met a Red Sox fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X